Bird Of Prey ?

hotrod

What kind of bop is black and brown ? A bit bigger than a crow ? I was thinking a Harris hawk ? Anyone ? This was spotted in a field right across the Clyde from dunbarton Rock eating something ,I was on outside lane on motorway so couldn't stop for better look or to see what it was eating .crows were all sitting round it close enough but far enough away sort of thing waiting on any scraps .hense a bit bigger than them ?

What kind of bop is black and brown ? A bit bigger than a crow ? I was thinking a Harris hawk ? Anyone ? This was spotted in a field right across the Clyde from dunbarton Rock eating something ,I was on outside lane on motorway so couldn't stop for better look or to see what it was eating .crows were all sitting round it close enough but far enough away sort of thing waiting on any scraps .hense a bit bigger than them ?

Very Difficult to identify nowadays Stuart with so many Hybred birds being released ,there has been one down here of same description as you state for over a year now ,I have talked to the bird of prey men in the town and they have not gave me a constructive answer ,Do know We have Sparrowhawk ,Goshalk,Peregrine,Hen Harrier in abundance even the osprey is a common site in these parts

The Peregrine activity has been the worst I've seen for 3/4 years at present its a lottery letting the doos out

Not scaremongering mate just telling it as it is

Atb Mick

al Jolson,

Is this it Stuart?

Looked more like an eagle 'big bold head . I've seen a Harris hawk up close a few years back ,but not sure if they were living wild in my area . Also seen the big big hawk fly over tonight carrying something underneath ,the seagulls were harassing it a bit but not too close . Buzzard like but much bigger and light coloured under its wings . Could this be a osprey ? It came from river heading up to the moors ?

Looked more like an eagle 'big bold head . I've seen a Harris hawk up close a few years back ,but not sure if they were living wild in my area . Also seen the big big hawk fly over tonight carrying something underneath ,the seagulls were harassing it a bit but not too close . Buzzard like but much bigger and light coloured under its wings . Could this be a osprey ? It came from river heading up to the moors ?

Osprey very light coloured and short tail

Could be hen harrier as moorland is their habitat

Had cocks out this afternoon and red kite went directly over put binoculars on it

Big bird forked tail

Might be a robin lol.

There has been one exactly as ye describe on the old Ravenscraig site for a couple of years Stuart and for the life of me a canny figure out what it is either.

That's a Harris John I know the guy who lost it he tried for a while to capture it to no avail

Their was one of those flying about, kirky last year, and as big as a buzzard.black wings reddish brown body yellow talons black tail

Bang on Danny ,but looked like brown wings but black primary's .and before any smart comments about my sight , I have very good long sight ,although need reading glasses . And Paul not as big as an eagle but it's head did the way it stood over its prey like tipi toe looking down at it if you know what I mean ?arry

Osprey very light coloured and short tail

Could be hen harrier as moorland is their habitat

Had cocks out this afternoon and red kite went directly over put binoculars on it

Big bird forked tail

Light coloured under wings and yes a shortish tail .this is the bigger one I seen fly over not the other one in the field