Longtown

Guest mambo

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got to agree with Walter heat got to be the cause canny be that many bop s from here to long town but also think if you have a % of your birds home what's the excuse is this the percentage budgie used to go on about

One pair of Percy's can turn 3500 youngsters no problem and scatter to the four winds.hope they work in. :partick-thistle-Crest:

Without any doubt John .nothing to do with heat.

I don't doubt that for a minute John but not a cloud in the sky today over Scotland today Bobby 4 so think heat my just have had a wee bit to do with it.but I will agree to disagree. Atb.hope every ones birds turn up we lost birds today like most.

One pair of Percy's can turn 3500 youngsters no problem and scatter to the four winds.hope they work in. :partick-thistle-Crest:

True John

As I've said on here before in the early 1990's whilst living on the outskirts of moffat along with my late father in law Peter and my friend Jim we witnessed one female falcon attacking and scattering the Lanarkshire yb convoy as it made its way past Beattock on route from Locharbriggs birds eventually regrouped and headed north from all directions phoned jocky Harrison and told him as it happened

It really has f-- Our great sport

Should add lads there are birds in moffat we will try and get in what we can and get them up the road

You would think that yesterday was the very first warm day our birds have ever raced in ,yes some can dehidrate and go down till later get up and carry on . Don't think the heat had anything to go with losses yesterday .

Heat was not the problem

We put our other team of ybs in the same crates as the transporter in our garage..before we basketed the race birds at the club... we released them in the garden at 4pm... exercised superb.. so they were in the same baskets longer than the race birds.

Hawks have been thru them as always at longtown... 19/35 here.. airdrie club has been wiped out.. some never timed

sorry to read these returns

It's the Percy attacks 100%

100% correct Brian you've got to laugh there's still guys blaming mobile phones,windmills etc etc lol if you take doos ten times training and there all home before you then the next toss none home then penny numbers all day some back tails missing etc how the hell is that something in the air we don't know about what a load of mince every race there's birds on time these must the ones that's immune to radio waves and the rest aren't!! Wake up guys !! All the shxte moon and the sun in the sky , the k factor etc load of mince Percy end of

Canny believe ye still go to Longtown :emoticon-0179-headbang:

when we flew west we would only send about 6 to Gretna Longtown lockerbie seemed a better race point for us all the rest of birds were started at Appleby or penrith birds seem to get a better start will be same this year

just picked up strays from annan/gretna , su 17 m 11, rest lanarkshire doo,s su 17 l 2674, 12749, 11933, 6229, 6769,,

spoke to raymond white while at springfield , he lost 10 from 22, and a guy from carlisle had 30 home from 101 all races were on monday, so its not just lanarlshire fed,

agree with you kevin 100 percent percy problem but getting chased all over the sky in scorching heat did not help them m8

If it wasn't for the perrigrines the sun plays no part in it Walter pigeon racing is doomed m8 if only ther was more like yourself a was lucky didn't go due to work