Brechin Y/b 2

Dave barrie

arrived brechin 12.30, up at 6, shutters open and water on, very few drinkin, weather was full overcast, warm with little wind,7 still same, 8 still same,9 wind picking up moving cloud replenished water birds still not looking to drink only a couple o beaks,9.30ish local lads coming in said it was broken and good 2 mile out, then had visit from crafty fifer n said good coming up from lochgelly,still waited,10.30 cloud breaking but no blue, visibility good to 5 mile so phoned george, good to go at 11 0 clock, libbed into broken cloud , birds into four batches circlin then back to two then split to three with one leaving early then other two left but time was lost at lib so vel will be lower, 5mile out of brechin sun shining and good all the way home, atbest davie. :animatedpigeons:

arrived brechin 12.30, up at 6, shutters open and water on, very few drinkin, weather was full overcast, warm with little wind,7 still same, 8 still same,9 wind picking up moving cloud replenished water birds still not looking to drink only a couple o beaks,9.30ish local lads coming in said it was broken and good 2 mile out, then had visit from crafty fifer n said good coming up from lochgelly,still waited,10.30 cloud breaking but no blue, visibility good to 5 mile so phoned george, good to go at 11 0 clock, libbed into broken cloud , birds into four batches circlin then back to two then split to three with one leaving early then other two left but time was lost at lib so vel will be lower, 5mile out of brechin sun shining and good all the way home, atbest davie. :animatedpigeons:

Nice to see this on here. Yer a good man Dave. Well done pal.

thanks matt , i have had a thankyou from the fed as to my service but unfortunatly this will be my last year due to health problems but i have enjoyed my time meeting all the members and many a y/bird i was gifted and i thank you all for that, time has catched me up and i hope the fed can find a doo man to take the job on , atbest davie.

Not long in and I have 3 NE young birds here. 4676, 541 and 4417. They all have phone numbers so I will phone in morning unless anyone wants to contact me tonight on here. I know there was a batch of birds still flying over Brechin nearly half an hour after liberation and there are some still there. There will no doubt be more around Forfar too. Hope you guys get your missing birds back tomorrow

Not long in and I have 3 NE young birds here. 4676, 541 and 4417. They all have phone numbers so I will phone in morning unless anyone wants to contact me tonight on here. I know there was a batch of birds still flying over Brechin nearly half an hour after liberation and there are some still there. There will no doubt be more around Forfar too. Hope you guys get your missing birds back tomorrow

I hope so too I have 3 missing so might still be in the area, but your pigeon numbers don't match mine pity, hope they find their owners

Davie you will be a missed man and the fed will find it hard to replace you , always willing to go the extra mile to help thank you from all the members at Deveron Valley and from myself And Alan topper of a bloke :emoticon-0137-clapping: :emoticon-0137-clapping: :emoticon-0137-clapping: :emoticon-0137-clapping:

I think the su17ne 541 is my doo is it a red grizzle.if it is if you send me your number I will give you a call thank.

I think the su17ne 541 is my doo is it a red grizzle.if it is if you send me your number I will give you a call thank.

Tried to phone you but no answer. Will pm my number. Just spoken to another Forfar member who has 2 NE birds. We are going to make arrangements to get them back North

Been a real poor night in Brechin good few birds still around hope tomorrow is better and they can get home cheers

These Y/Bs are more likely belong to fancieirs that have never trained there birds, Thiis will be there 1st time seeing the inside of a crate.

There then released and fly around Brechin lookng for there lofts its all they know .( Its he fanciers fault not the birds)

These Y/Bs are more likely belong to fancieirs that have never trained there birds, Thiis will be there 1st time seeing the inside of a crate.

There then released and fly around Brechin lookng for there lofts its all they know .( Its he fanciers fault not the birds)

My doos had 10 tosses and i lost 12 but yes lack of training with some would be one reason ,but my thinking is youngsters need a drop of sun on the basket at lib point nae sun 5 mile away ,they need a chance to get started in good skies then if they get a shower of rain or whatever on way they can deal with that ,breaking up in tae batches some of them never leaving race point and all this at 60 mile it makes ye wonder IMO ???

My doos had 10 tosses and i lost 12 but yes lack of training with some would be one reason ,but my thinking is youngsters need a drop of sun on the basket at lib point nae sun 5 mile away ,they need a chance to get started in good skies then if they get a shower of rain or whatever on way they can deal with that ,breaking up in tae batches some of them never leaving race point and all this at 60 mile it makes ye wonder IMO ???

Must admit 6 i lost were bought in so hard day ,race,what ever ye like to call it accounted for them thats the usual out come of that senario

My birds have been trained and where at brechin last week but I have still 8 to come from 38 and 3 where 3rd 4th and 5th club last week.????????

Mine have been trained at inverval distances from my home only time I lost some are Aberdeen (strangely) then first race at Brechin lost 3 out of 9, IMO the ones that don't make it home are no use again and the ones that got home worth keeping and race again

What makes you an expert all of a sudden better fanciers than you have lost doos and better trained 👿👿

went the wrong way davy, ican collect them next weekend on way back if you like mate and thanks for your effort.

went the wrong way davy, ican collect them next weekend on way back if you like mate and thanks for your effort.

I think we have things in hand to get them back during the week. I have had birds reported in Forfar, Brechin, Edzell, Tannadice , Dundee and Glen Prosen

correct gavin it happens every year even with some old birds having to chase them out of the lorry, some even fly back in??the batch of around 50ish that didnt clear would of been made up of these doos out of 1250 its about normal for this to happen, the cloud base was high and well broken with sun breaking to the north :animatedpigeons: