Race Transport Conditions Wicker Or Geraldy

eastcoaster

There has been a lot of talk about the bad national races and the baskets used , there is no doubt the birds drink a lot more from the geraldy aluminium crate if you have'nt witnessed this you won't believe the differance compared to wicker ,

Last year I borrowed a geraldy crate to basket train my ybs ,I put 20 in the crate for 3 nights I also put the rest of my ybs in my wicker baskets also for 3 nights , in the wicker baskets the birds were lying down and relaxed when they were let out 2 went to drinker , the geraldy crate only one or two lay down but what shocked me was the heat when I opened the top flap to feed them each day and when I let them out 7 went to the drinker yet I watched most go for a drink at some time or other ,

So maybe the metal crate is better for feed and drink but maybe it can over heat the birds , but for the distance races I am a lover of the shavings for comfort .

I ask some of you to try this and see for yourself before shooting me down .

Reason this is appearing now is I just read it out my breeding book for 2016 .

There has been a lot of talk about the bad national races and the baskets used , there is no doubt the birds drink a lot more from the geraldy aluminium crate if you have'nt witnessed this you won't believe the differance compared to wicker ,

Last year I borrowed a geraldy crate to basket train my ybs ,I put 20 in the crate for 3 nights I also put the rest of my ybs in my wicker baskets also for 3 nights , in the wicker baskets the birds were lying down and relaxed when they were let out 2 went to drinker , the geraldy crate only one or two lay down but what shocked me was the heat when I opened the top flap to feed them each day and when I let them out 7 went to the drinker yet I watched most go for a drink at some time or other ,

So maybe the metal crate is better for feed and drink but maybe it can over heat the birds , but for the distance races I am a lover of the shavings for comfort .

I ask some of you to try this and see for yourself before shooting me down .

Reason this is appearing now is I just read it out my breeding book for 2016 .

Colin , with the geraldy creats you have to have the complete package ie transport for them to work effectively , you have to have the air flow system blowing across the top of every crate when driving the vents at the sides draw stale and hot air out, when stationary the blow system does this, with this the alu crates cool down quickly

what needs to be done is cut down the number in baskets/crates to 16 for nat raceing so birds have a good chance f getting water also this would reduce heat in baskets or crates

The best post on basics for quite some time

Lets put that forward to the AGM and get it passed

Time our birds got the best possible conditions to travel as we the fancier afford them when they are in the loft

Colin , with the geraldy creats you have to have the complete package ie transport for them to work effectively , you have to have the air flow system blowing across the top of every crate when driving the vents at the sides draw stale and hot air out, when stationary the blow system does this, with this the alu crates cool down quickly

Can except that Charlie .

The present committee will do everything in their power to prevent the use of Geraldy transporters. Lan Fed hand delivered a quote that was hundreds of pounds cheaper than the current bill but it never even got considered with the committee saying the club can only use wicker baskets.

It's not in the president's interest tae change either coz he gets an income from the transport so despite what we say on here or try to get passed at the AGM they will find an excuse to keep lining their own pockets.

What imo is a big problem for fanciers who's birds go every week in Geraldy is the first experience of 2-3 nights in a basket is in wicker baskets which is alien to them so they go back in the basket before lib and ain't gonna be winning prizes or even getting home!!!

Can except that Charlie .

The Almond Valley Transporter has a thermostat fitted at high level so that when the inside of the Transporter reaches a preset temperature the fan will come on and run till the Transporter is back to another preset temperature.

The present committee will do everything in their power to prevent the use of Geraldy transporters. Lan Fed hand delivered a quote that was hundreds of pounds cheaper than the current bill but it never even got considered with the committee saying the club can only use wicker baskets.

It's not in the president's interest tae change either coz he gets an income from the transport so despite what we say on here or try to get passed at the AGM they will find an excuse to keep lining their own pockets.

What imo is a big problem for fanciers who's birds go every week in Geraldy is the first experience of 2-3 nights in a basket is in wicker baskets which is alien to them so they go back in the basket before lib and ain't gonna be winning prizes or even getting home!!!

Theres a lot of mysterys going on and heres another one.

If that realy is the case with the transport arrangments then its time more fanciers were aware of it.

I bet a lot of fanciers dont know about the above. To add insult to injury its costing the members of the SNFC more money. :emoticon-0127-lipssealed:

Theres a lot of mysterys going on and heres another one.

If that realy is the case with the transport arrangments then its time more fanciers were aware of it.

I bet a lot of fanciers dont know about the above. To add insult to injury its costing the members of the SNFC more money. :emoticon-0127-lipssealed:

Ye can take that as read, I was Pres at the time and it was Gareth who delivered it.

This rubbish thst the SNFC can only use wicker is just that, rubbish. It was voted on at an AGM years ago but has never been brought back to the table since. What a lot will maybe not understand is a vote taken at an AGM is for 12 months only unless it is a constitutional matter that sTayside a rule until a 2/3rds majority over turn it.

In order for the basket 'rule' to be carried forward it Must be voted on Annually or it is null and void. This committee or at least some of them Know this to be the case but say nothing because it suits them tae use wicker and actively Block any attempts the members make to change things.

what needs to be done is cut down the number in baskets/crates to 16 for nat raceing so birds have a good chance f getting water also this would reduce heat in baskets or crates

Got to agree with you and would not matter one bit either way,but as we have the yb races ahead time to stop cramming the wee craters in as well just another reason I don't race them and it happens one drinker and 30 even more in a crate enough said.

i convoyed the almond valley birds for years and i can tell you birds love it as for the comment about shavings the proper geraldy baskets are deeper than the the wicker ones the bare fact is there are too many feds making money out of the national the welfare of the birds and the drivers dosent matter . it dosent mean that the races are going to be better but you are moving in the right direction thank expletive removed* am out of it now

wicker baskets better 100% for returns

don't know what it is but returns were far better before we got a geraldy

aluminium reflects/absorbs heat , from the sun or from the birds breathing

touch a piece of wood left out in the sun then do the same to a piece of aluminium

,the aluminium will burn your hand

also what about static electricity with the aluminium crates ,

does that affect the birds homing ability

wicker baskets better 100% for returns

don't know what it is but returns were far better before we got a geraldy

aluminium reflects/absorbs heat , from the sun or from the birds breathing

touch a piece of wood left out in the sun then do the same to a piece of aluminium

,the aluminium will burn your hand

also what about static electricity with the aluminium crates ,

does that affect the birds homing ability

No, but it gives them a perm :D .......

what a load of rubbish wicker basket by their very design afford the birds no visibility and no ventilation as for static give me a break

get a grip man wicker gives no ventilation

its loosely woven reed /wood

air comes in and out all through it

why do metal trailers have static strips hanging down to the ground

answer to relieve/earth the build up of static electricity FACT :drinking-coffee-200:

If some of the guys feds had geraldys there would be less moaning about them...fact is some jst don't want Lanarkshire involved...like making up things like we have condensation in the baskets or it's not a proper Geraldy.....aye nae bother its a fake wan we picked up in Germany...

If some of the guys feds had geraldys there would be less moaning about them...fact is some jst don't want Lanarkshire involved...like making up things like we have condensation in the baskets or it's not a proper Geraldy.....aye nae bother its a fake wan we picked up in Germany...

there are a few feds with geraldys George

so why would the snfc not using them effect Lanarkshire fed