Need Some Advice

ally mac

Need some advice lads. Ive had a tests carried out lately as ive not been right, got my blood done for pigeon lung and ive got a score of 146, apparently it should be between 1 and 10. The doctor in the clinic has never come across pigeon lung before and needs to go away to look into it. Anyone else had a similar score and what does it mean?

Need some advice lads. Ive had a tests carried out lately as ive not been right, got my blood done for pigeon lung and ive got a score of 146, apparently it should be between 1 and 10. The doctor in the clinic has never come across pigeon lung before and needs to go away to look into it. Anyone else had a similar score and what does it mean?

Start to wear a mask in loft big man . That should help a lot .

Wear a mask n jacket and a cap if possible Ally, take vits c and d every morning. This ll keep it at bay pal,

Guest TAMMY_1

When I was first diagnosed I had a count of over 200,tried lots of masks that were never really suitable,tried the ones from the BHW and they were no use in heavy dust,too late for me now as I am on oxygen 24 hours a day but if I had the chance again I would use a full face aircap mask expensive I know but they are the best,but the ones I did find that helped a bit were PP3 filtered fabric ones but had to get rid of all the birds as well.

Hi mate I can relate to what your saying I am in the exact same situation,

I wear a mask when cleaning out but often forget to put it on if am just pottering about or basketing,

I have a very productive cough in the morning,just had chest X-rays and got the all clear with them the nurse who did my breathing tests,

Used to attend Blackpool show to carry out PFL tests on her recamondation I have got myself an air stream helmet and will give ,

That a go but don't ignore it,it will not go away on its own , I also got a. Henry vacuum and I have it on as I clean out,

I hope am not filling you with dread because I can't bear the thought of the alternative good luck,

Thanks lads, need to have a think and see what doc comes back with. Chest was clear in x rays but got the cough, horrendous some mornings.

Tammy, can I ask, is your current condition due to pigeon lung or is there more involved?

Thanks lads, need to have a think and see what doc comes back with. Chest was clear in x rays but got the cough, horrendous some mornings.

Tammy, can I ask, is your current condition due to pigeon lung or is there more involved?

You travel long distances in the car with the birds. That is a really high risk time. You and several birds in an enclosed space. You should also consider wearing a mask in the car and maximising the air flow through air con. Don't open the window as that causes turbulence.

3 drops of olbas oil in the mask helps your breathing short term.

Use a different vehicle for social outings if possible.

I once heard on a pigeon video that the best thing for collecting the white bloom that floats around in the loft from the birds was plastic windows, I got a lot of windows (plastic) in my new loft and its like a magnet, collect the bloom, I hoover clean them at least 2 times a day, so think it does stop it floating around in the loft a bit, probably more members have plastic windows , what is your views ,

i also have pigeon lung ally all the advice above will help but my biggest problem was and still is birds in the car with wood shavings in the basket made it ten times as bad i changed to shredded paper and it made a big difference open up the front of your loft as much as you can with a good 4 inch gap along the back will really help to i had a count of 225 when i was 18 and just work with it as best i can thats all you can do or pack up good luck m8