2017 Nationals

dunc50

Forget the inland races leave them to the federations,long distance races have always been extremely difficult and always will be extremely difficult that's the nature of the challenge.last major challenge of the season all going well this Friday good luck to everyone that has chosen to send ðŸºðŸºðŸº

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Also can someone tell me, why cant the Ypres race be the last ob race on the calender instead of Falaise as it is.

If Falaise was flown a wk or two earlier the obs would be in better wing condition. Lets face it Ypres is a shorter race and could actually be flown as the last channel race of the season when the obs are further on in the moult.

Just a thought.

The last 4 Nationals have been terrible, there is no hiding the facts, but its been bad for a number of years.

1997 - 2007 we never raced a single bird in a national.. the old boy had had enough.. Janefield Paul won his Gold award.. i think it there were only 27 birds in race time... thats 20 years ago!!

The grim facts are

Bedhampton/ alencon/ ypres / ancenis

Birds entered 10,041

Birds on results 1053

8.8% made the result... yes more work in we all know that... but christ...that isnt good reading...

Personaly i was looking to get back into the national scene... basically something different... but looking at it..i cant justify it... the whole thing needs an overhaul... and im not having a pop at anyone... but its the truth..

You need a mix of some sort of youth on the panel...( hard to find in this game i know) fresh ideas a new outlook..

Doing the same thing over and over...getting the same end product...insanity..

SNFC & SNRPC convoying tiny teams of birds to too many nationals... if people dont start pulling together Now.. you can forget about it...

Well done to everyone that got good times and wins ect over the national season.. but it dosnt paper over the cracks for me...

Guys that have been wiped out, hopefully yous stick at it..i feel for anyone losing their doos... but will it change.. it takes a movement for that.

Atb with the Yb season guys

sums up the situation perfectly Paul, great post

The inland nationals are here to stay, too many folk have had great success from them and it generates a lot of money for the national. It subsidises the longest race as well but if we take them out the averages you'd find a lot of distance men wouldn't entertain them. Maybe that's the way forward, it keeps everyone happy.

They basically do subsidise the longest and if it was up to me Del, and its not, i would take them out of the averages. Ive been saying it for years feds should amalgamate for races of 300ml or more. The birds would get a better line into their own area and could keep costs down. No need to fly those distances at National level.

Been a great admirer of long distance pigeon men over the years,and have tried with some success over the past couple of years or so, but-this season I've been gutted, only a small team flyer, not clocking in the last 3 races, losing what I consider my best birds, trying to get a long distance team together, has left me disillusioned with the whole ethos of long distance racing. I'm not a fan of the short /middle distance racing, but what do I do now? I can't justify, time, money , and excuses to the family, (can't go here, can't go there, because of the doos) time after time!!! With nothing to show for it week in week out, not looking to be first, but at least a time in would help!!!. Think a silver/gold award winner in the next couple of years is gonna be be a rarity! Role on the first young bird race , at least I should get a time in, hopefully!!!

Been a great admirer of long distance pigeon men over the years,and have tried with some success over the past couple of years or so, but-this season I've been gutted, only a small team flyer, not clocking in the last 3 races, losing what I consider my best birds, trying to get a long distance team together, has left me disillusioned with the whole ethos of long distance racing. I'm not a fan of the short /middle distance racing, but what do I do now? I can't justify, time, money , and excuses to the family, (can't go here, can't go there, because of the doos) time after time!!! With nothing to show for it week in week out, not looking to be first, but at least a time in would help!!!. Think a silver/gold award winner in the next couple of years is gonna be be a rarity! Role on the first young bird race , at least I should get a time in, hopefully!!!

Ive kept pigeons for over 40 years and ive never experienced as many bad SNFC races back to back, so you are not alone m8. It has been soul destroying for everyone and even the hardened, seasoned, long distance enthusiasts are struggling.

Do you actually think that the race controllers who have there own birds on the lorry just chuck them up regardless?

no i dont henrik but i do think that they think they are smarter than the weather forecasters and thats when they come a cropper or they are not getting the proper information they need to insure we get a good race throughout start middle and end of race which is not being done if the weather is not right hold them but a good start is paramount and it looks like most of the birds in these races did not get across the channel so someones not doing there job imo and im sure plenty guys on here agree time for a new race control team

no i dont henrik but i do think that they think they are smarter than the weather forecasters and thats when they come a cropper or they are not getting the proper information they need to insure we get a good race throughout start middle and end of race which is not being done if the weather is not right hold them but a good start is paramount and it looks like most of the birds in these races did not get across the channel so someones not doing there job imo and im sure plenty guys on here agree time for a new race control team

Put your hand up at the AGM and I,ll propose you

Here's a starter we could up date the watering facilities the small blue drinkers don't cut it for me we should have drinkers the full length of the baskets ,just a though

We should be using the best transporters ie lf motors it's time to put the old motors into retirement. and the race controllers need to go along with the convoyer.s clean sweep .jmo

Put your hand up at the AGM and I,ll propose you

Bobby no disrespect but you always seem to defend these guys expletive remove they've made a complete *expletive removed* of it this year and yes it's time for change and even if we get a good race on Friday this cannot be swept under the carpet like normal years

Bobby no disrespect but you always seem to defend these guys expletive remove they've made a complete *expletive removed* of it this year and yes it's time for change and even if we get a good race on Friday this cannot be swept under the carpet like normal years

Aye and I always will, guys doing a thankless job, get crucified, they dont send there own birds to lose them, we,ve had disasters wi evry race control team, and new ones wont be any different, guys on here that couldnae read there own name never mind a weather map, get a professional in, remember Messac, had a professional there n didnt do any good, half o them on here wont even put a rubber ring on a doo never mind spend days trying to get good liberation. Its a sad fact but this is the doo game now, time for fantails or horsemen I think.

thanks if i had the time i would

Always the way, plenty to say but never nae time