2017 Nationals

dunc50

channel racing has never been easy but we need men at the top that can get and read a weather forecast and when in doubt hold the birds regardless of cost this seasons national disasters have all been caused by human error imo no matter where we were racing from every bad race we have had has been forecast as just that so why did it happen yes its a hard and thankless job but there is no excuse when bad weather has been forecast and ignored

Agree Walter lots of bad decisions made this year.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

channel racing has never been easy but we need men at the top that can get and read a weather forecast and when in doubt hold the birds regardless of cost this seasons national disasters have all been caused by human error imo no matter where we were racing from every bad race we have had has been forecast as just that so why did it happen yes its a hard and thankless job but there is no excuse when bad weather has been forecast and ignored

Do you actually think that the race controllers who have there own birds on the lorry just chuck them up regardless?

i believe it takes a very good bird to fly 600 miles plus in a hard race and only the best comes through maybe the rest were not upto its the same names every time its a hard race at this distance maybe better doos than the rest jmo

i believe it takes a very good bird to fly 600 miles plus in a hard race and only the best comes through maybe the rest were not upto its the same names every time its a hard race at this distance maybe better doos than the rest jmo

That is a very good point ,no matter how big the disaster over the years the same group of fanciers manage to time not all the time but more often than not .

I do personally feel the coincidence of the young falcons taking to wing and being taught to hunt at this exact time of year plays a very major factor in the decimation of convoys at the early stages thus the quality pigeons have the know how to go it alone ,yes a good percentage of these will also be targeted

The black cock that was returned from alencon is in wonderful condition but only flies onto the landing looks skyward and goes straight back into the safety of the loft repeating this many times having had experience of the falcon for well over 25 years these are the traits that pigeons targeted develop some never regaining their nerve ,some cope better than others

One thing for certain my friends it ain't going to improve .

I cannot condition any better the two cocks for falaise tonight if they come up trumps fair and good but more often than not it will be the last time I handle them

They are only a passing acquaintance nowadays enjoy them when they are there

Atb Mick

Its time the SNFC & SNRPC had meeting and started to put the wheels in motion. To become one organisation Lets put the welfare of the pigeons at the top of the agenda instead of the sqabbling fanciers. We all want whats best for the birds .Not whats best for the people who race them . Surely biggar is better Biggar can be cheaper, and the more eyes in the sky must be better for everyone. I know a lot of fanciers wont like what ive jus said. Think about the welfare of the birds

Its time the SNFC & SNRPC had meeting and started to put the wheels in motion. To become one organisation Lets put the welfare of the pigeons at the top of the agenda instead of the sqabbling fanciers. We all want whats best for the birds .Not whats best for the people who race them . Surely biggar is better Biggar can be cheaper, and the more eyes in the sky must be better for everyone. I know a lot of fanciers wont like what ive jus said. Think about the welfare of the birds

Spot on..!!!

I'm just back in the game and don't know, or want to know the ins and outs..

But we must start working together or there will be no racing left for anyone..!!

There was plenty at the Gold Cup and made no deffo. The Snrpc pride themselves on great races from small liberation numbers. Can't see them giving up that

The last 4 Nationals have been terrible, there is no hiding the facts, but its been bad for a number of years.

1997 - 2007 we never raced a single bird in a national.. the old boy had had enough.. Janefield Paul won his Gold award.. i think it there were only 27 birds in race time... thats 20 years ago!!

The grim facts are

Bedhampton/ alencon/ ypres / ancenis

Birds entered 10,041

Birds on results 1053

8.8% made the result... yes more work in we all know that... but christ...that isnt good reading...

Personaly i was looking to get back into the national scene... basically something different... but looking at it..i cant justify it... the whole thing needs an overhaul... and im not having a pop at anyone... but its the truth..

You need a mix of some sort of youth on the panel...( hard to find in this game i know) fresh ideas a new outlook..

Doing the same thing over and over...getting the same end product...insanity..

SNFC & SNRPC convoying tiny teams of birds to too many nationals... if people dont start pulling together Now.. you can forget about it...

Well done to everyone that got good times and wins ect over the national season.. but it dosnt paper over the cracks for me...

Guys that have been wiped out, hopefully yous stick at it..i feel for anyone losing their doos... but will it change.. it takes a movement for that.

Atb with the Yb season guys

The last 4 Nationals have been terrible, there is no hiding the facts, but its been bad for a number of years.

1997 - 2007 we never raced a single bird in a national.. the old boy had had enough.. Janefield Paul won his Gold award.. i think it there were only 27 birds in race time... thats 20 years ago!!

The grim facts are

Birds entered 10,041

Birds on results 1053

8.8% made the result... yes more work in we all know that... but christ...that isnt good reading...

Personaly i was looking to get back into the national scene... basically something different... but looking at it..i cant justify it... the whole thing needs an overhaul... and im not having a pop at anyone... but its the truth..

You need a mix of some sort of youth on the panel...( hard to find in this game i know) fresh ideas a new outlook..

SNFC & SNRPC convoying tiny teams of birds to too many nationals... if people dont start pulling together Now.. you can forget about it...

Well done to everyone that got good times and wins ect over the national season.. but it dosnt paper over the cracks for me...

Guys that have been wiped out, hopefully yous stick at it..i feel for anyone losing their doos... but will it change.. it takes a movement for that.

10.4 % sorry

The grim facts are

Birds entered 10,041

Birds on results 1053

This is one of the best posts on here for some time. The pathetic truth about it is some people, some,supposed top pigeonmen, will oppose moving forward because they don't like the guys with the new ideas. I could name a few in the west section that this applies to and basically these guys are holding the sport back. Lets move forward and try and sort everything that is holding us back ie, 1. BOP, 2. Transportation 3. Controlling 4. Security .5.TRUST

Totally agree with Paul Mac, we need to overhaul the whole thing. This mentality of a national isn't a national unless its from France is killing our pigeon sport.

We need two day races and one day races

Personally i would go for the following on a basis that we have 1 joined national.

1. Buckingham - 1st race

2. Portsmouth - 2nd race

3. Eindhoven or Brussels - gold cup

4. Ypres - 4th race

5. Luxembourg City - longest Race - 2 day long distance

6. Antwerp

From the Dutch and Belgian race-points to Berwick the distance is as follows:

Eindhoven - 700 KM

Brussels - 703 KM

Ypres - 650 KM

Luxembourg City - 890 KM

Antwerp - 675 KM

Just food for thought guys, lets try something different and radical, we are losing our sport here !

Totally agree with Paul Mac, we need to overhaul the whole thing. This mentality of a national isn't a national unless its from France is killing our pigeon sport.

Personally i would go for the following on a basis that we have 1 joined national.

1. Buckingham - 1st race

2. Portsmouth - 2nd race

4. Ypres - 4th race

6. Antwerp

Eindhoven - 700 KM

Brussels - 703 KM

Ypres - 650 KM

Luxembourg City - 890 KM

Antwerp - 675 KM

Just food for thought guys, lets try something different and radical, we are losing our sport here !

This is one of the best posts on here for some time. The pathetic truth about it is some people, some,supposed top pigeonmen, will oppose moving forward because they don't like the guys with the new ideas. I could name a few in the west section that this applies to and basically these guys are holding the sport back. Lets move forward and try and sort everything that is holding us back ie, 1. BOP, 2. Transportation 3. Controlling 4. Security .5.TRUST

Our biggest problem is your no Derek bop without a doubt

1. Buckingham - 1st race

2. Portsmouth - 2nd race

4. Ypres - 4th race

6. Antwerp

Eindhoven - 700 KM

Brussels - 703 KM

Ypres - 650 KM

Luxembourg City - 890 KM

Antwerp - 675 KM

It cannot be any worse than what weve had, in fact, if its 1% better then its a success :emoticon-0179-headbang: