Snrpc Arras

VMS

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We lose 3 minutes a day from the summer solstice, June 21st. The Irish National Flying club have got it correct, they apply this h.o.d rule.

lol, ye told me a wee lie about yer timer ya c... Just as well I lost my nom lol.

nae lie fae me bridge bhoy just a few quid in the pocket :drinking-coffee-200:

Roye last year Robert. They even timed in Tranent before 5

So what you suggest Stevie is that the hours of darkness around midsummer should be even less than the 5 suggested by the SNFC.

Yes you are speaking to someone who has been stung by this archaic rule and has an axe to grind.

The sun rises in the east unless I am mistaken. There will never be an absolutely fair method of allocating hours of darkness but we must be able to do better than we are doing at present without over complicating the situation.

Where tae?

Nah Robert. All I am doing is pointing out that it is difficult and unpredictable. Cloud cover etc affects the HOD big style. Last year at the Gold Cup Reims I was closing up the loft at 10.45 when my dad shouted that a bird was coming. He was right...a red cheq cock from Bedhampton week previous. So a latecomer knocking about at that time. This year with the race later it would be impossible.

It's 10pm here tonight. It's low cloud and drizzle and pretty dark the clocks should be shut cos you can't time tonight. Will it be the same the morra?

I don't know about tomorrow night but according to tomorrows forecast for my area it will be dark till about lunch time.

I think the fairest way is to decide your HOD for the longest day and reduce by 3 minutes daily. That's what the Irish do (as mentioned earlier).

I don't know about tomorrow night but according to tomorrows forecast for my area it will be dark till about lunch time.

I think the fairest way is to decide your HOD for the longest day and reduce by 3 minutes daily. That's what the Irish do (as mentioned earlier).

Lunchtime lol......deary me....is it Beith or Bogata

did you not see the birdage is up fae last year way my birds i sent :emoticon-0127-lipssealed:

Aye 50 expletive remove good luck 😀😀ðŸº

Yer right Vinnie, APOLOGIES,we have hijacked this thread and digressed a wee bit. Just highlighting how the SNRPC are closer to the mark regarding H.O.D.

Very surprised you've none away mate,fcking part timer 😀😀😀

I will go Vincent or that shocking too lol.

Good stuff that comment was heat of the moment and on reflection stupid tryed to pm you but your box was full.better just hope your golf is not shocking 😀Will get Allan to put it out to the troops on WhatsApp and let Duncan Knox know