Snrpc Arras

VMS

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The article on G.M.Crops and the affect on bees is worth reading again, and I will be ensuring my feed is G.M. free..

bees navigate the same as the doos in the 60s 70s they were spraying crops with anything that killed pests and the honeybee was thriving, the pigeon game was thriving to, i dont think it was to do with pesticides, 8 years back i had 24 hives, 2 years back i had 7, this year none CCD, or whatever ,, i think it has a lot to do with there navigation is getting blocked, both doos and bees, to many satellites sending sh** back to help man

Stuart ,there is also another thing no one has mentioned the dreaded virus/illness that's going about with none of the vets etc are finding in there samples sent , I've had it and no of plenty others out there that have/had it , birds looking brilliant flying well at home even in training ,but send them racing and it's a different story , I've had my birds exercise for 1 1/2 hours morning and night and would have done more if I didn't call them down ,from training points doing good times into head winds etc , sent them racing and their 25 mins to 1hr behind every week ,I stopped mine after 300 miles ,getting decent -/good returns most weeks . But I'm not one of those guys that just send them anyway ,if there not racing well then why send . I've a loft full of old birds just now and will need to clear some out to make way for this years young . I've been told it's all over the UNC and Europe . No one has a clue what it is . Is this why all the bad races ?

Stuart , the problem with checking for viruses, it would cost £100's for 1 test(or that is what it was approx when I was working for individual testing) I had heard of a fancier who had youngsters die overnight, sent them for testing, to be told they could find nothing wrong. Before those results came back I told folk what the answer would be as they would not normally send them to a virology laboratory for further tests. What I think is required is to test for avian viruses with a virologist not a vet to find what this/these viruses are. This would require major funding.

Cheers John b

:emoticon-0137-clapping: :emoticon-0137-clapping: :emoticon-0137-clapping: :emoticon-0137-clapping: :emoticon-0137-clapping::001:

That is reason for so many bad races . I have never seen so many peregrines over here with 3 and 4 babys with them . They are on the move all day and the uk mainland is 10 tims worse.

Stuart , the problem with checking for viruses, it would cost £100's for 1 test(or that is what it was approx when I was working for individual testing) I had heard of a fancier who had youngsters die overnight, sent them for testing, to be told they could find nothing wrong. Before those results came back I told folk what the answer would be as they would not normally send them to a virology laboratory for further tests. What I think is required is to test for avian viruses with a virologist not a vet to find what this/these viruses are. This would require major funding.

Cheers John b

Thanks John ,the guy I spoke to the other day said his test cost £460 ,another guy I've spoken to said he paid £300 odd quid and still came back Nill, an ex fancier friend from port Glasgow that still goes around lofts on Saturdays etc and still goes to Blackpool had a meeting with mr de weart (spelling) at Blackpool after the stalls had finished and asked him about about this (illness) he told him it's all over Europe and they haven't a clue what's causing it what it is or any such treatment . So with this info could this be one of the reasons for very bad returns ?

Thanks John ,the guy I spoke to the other day said his test cost £460 ,another guy I've spoken to said he paid £300 odd quid and still came back Nill, an ex fancier friend from port Glasgow that still goes around lofts on Saturdays etc and still goes to Blackpool had a meeting with mr de weart (spelling) at Blackpool after the stalls had finished and asked him about about this (illness) he told him it's all over Europe and they haven't a clue what's causing it what it is or any such treatment . So with this info could this be one of the reasons for very bad returns ?

If you are correct in your theory that a virus is causing such horrendous results as we have had this year,it would seem that mother nature is doing her job,survival of the fittest;since we will only be able to breed off the birds that return,the fittest,and presumably free of disease.O K,breed off the parents that produced the winners,but how many so called stock birds never breed anything worthwhile?I know I would rather have birds off birds that had raced than so called stock birds.

We have already spoken about my season Stuart and it mirrors what you are talking about , I was selling some stock birds so had stock loft birds all tested with cultures done also done race birds nothing was found at all ! Birds were looking great but was 1 hour behind some weeks everybody told me they just were,nt fit but then started losing lots of bloody nice birds so tested again and tested my ybs again nothing then I jagged my ybs then yb sickness took hold so tested again it came back clear and the pigeon I swabbed died but nothing found ,when yb were on mend tested again with cultures done still nothing , I did not time in from either of inland nationals which if you look at my past results I usually get one in results ,so spoke to both David Talbot and Kevin winter about how they were looking great but not performing both told me to send to gold cup as birds had been coming well in training . Still believe something was not right in racing loft ,I used to go in at dusk and all cocks were sitting on the floor (loft sprayed regular ) and loft was silent during the day .

Now they are all bouncing clapping the sky's out fighting for territory ??

We have already spoken about my season Stuart and it mirrors what you are talking about , I was selling some stock birds so had stock loft birds all tested with cultures done also done race birds nothing was found at all ! Birds were looking great but was 1 hour behind some weeks everybody told me they just were,nt fit but then started losing lots of bloody nice birds so tested again and tested my ybs again nothing then I jagged my ybs then yb sickness took hold so tested again it came back clear and the pigeon I swabbed died but nothing found ,when yb were on mend tested again with cultures done still nothing , I did not time in from either of inland nationals which if you look at my past results I usually get one in results ,so spoke to both David Talbot and Kevin winter about how they were looking great but not performing both told me to send to gold cup as birds had been coming well in training . Still believe something was not right in racing loft ,I used to go in at dusk and all cocks were sitting on the floor (loft sprayed regular ) and loft was silent during the day .

Now they are all bouncing clapping the sky's out fighting for territory ??

Colin,

Cultures are only testing for bacteria, fungi and yeast, not viruses

So why is the pigeons not coming across channel

We have all heard of the funky pigeon.com what we have now is the Junky Pigeon.CON and that's what it is a con,every anti even uncle biotic known to mankind even some not so well known has been pumped into pigeons for a good many years now olso every kind of go faster junk you can get the owners will use it for the quick fix,christ they are hardly out the egg and there waiting with the needle,the late great Steve Spinks warned us all many years back we would regret the antibiotic route how right he was,good to see some top results from the Nationals and bet these birds are not Junkys,expletive remove if our birds had teeth you can bet there would be an antibiotic to keep them clean lol,just my opinion.

We have all heard of the funky pigeon.com what we have now is the Junky Pigeon.CON and that's what it is a con,every anti even uncle biotic known to mankind even some not so well known has been pumped into pigeons for a good many years now olso every kind of go faster junk you can get the owners will use it for the quick fix,christ they are hardly out the egg and there waiting with the needle,the late great Steve Spinks warned us all many years back we would regret the antibiotic route how right he was,good to see some top results from the Nationals and bet these birds are not Junkys,expletive remove if our birds had teeth you can bet there would be an antibiotic to keep them clean lol,just my opinion.

should add the wee swallow flying6,ooo miles when migrating does 200 mls a day but has the ability to get up and carry on its journey, natural immunity that's why.

should add the wee swallow flying6,ooo miles when migrating does 200 mls a day but has the ability to get up and carry on its journey, natural immunity that's why.

Think you will find they eat when flying so during their flight they will eat well and drink when flying too ,racing pigeons won't eat once let go till they home maybe 24/36 hrs or longer you can't run on empty .

Apart from the fact that the swallows don't get antibiotics and the other junk but they can get back to where they are heading year after year not like our pigeons as we all know.

Not all pigeons get anti b either . Do you take them when your ill ?

Not all pigeons get anti b either . Do you take them when your ill ?

That's what I said on my post the ones that are not pumped up with anti biotics and all the other junk are the ones getting home natural health imo,no I don't take anti biotics.

• 2 weeks later...

Good another one for next year Andrew m8.

Still got the 2/3 home myself, would like to get the other one home, but maybe expecting too much. Its been another extremely hard race with very few home in racetime. A m8 of mine got one a couple of days ago and another tonight giving him 3/7.

Hope some more turn up in the next few days and weeks.