deep distrust developing in birds sales

theres a deep distrust in bird sales developing on this site lately.

i dont know if this stems from the coxy dealings but it seems that a lot of us are falling out with each other over certain things.

i include myself in this too.

some ive spoken privately too are asking why have certain members near enough always got birds for sale yet ,claim not to be a seller of pigeons and only selling them for some reason or another .

im not talking about y/b,s but supposedly good stock birds.the question that is on a few minds is why keep buying these stock birds in, just to sell them,this puts doubt in minds wether these birds are any good or there is a problem with them.if u just want to make money on these birds well thats up to u and nothing wrong with that.

what im saying is that its causing us on this site to be questioning performances of each other and getting personal.

i think we all need to slow down and think how we are making this site look to outsiders who call on this site,and as ive said  i include myself ,...best of luck to all...paul. :) :) :)

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Perhaps people are at last beginning to realise that it,s false economy just to buy birds in for stock that are say brothers or sisters or sons or daughters of some champion or another and after buying these birds they realise that they are just not breeding anything any good.One seller on here seemed to be more concerned that his stock was one more generation down from the originals than someone else,s so offered the youngsters cheaper,my reply was what differance did it make if they were 10 generatoins from the originals so long as the birds are breeding winners,there was no responce so i guess the youngsters were being sold off birds that wern,t producing winners.Another seller on here just seems to give you loads of abuse when you ask questions about the birds being sold so thats another that I personally wont be buying off.I guess the thing is as many have said before is you pays your money and takes your chance,but i would allways tell anyone dont be swayed by fancy pedigrees or birds that have won multiple races because there is no more guarentee that those birds will breed you winners than birds that have done nothing.

Perhaps people are at last beginning to realise that it,s false economy just to buy birds in for stock that are say brothers or sisters or sons or daughters of some champion or another and after buying these birds they realise that they are just not breeding anything any good.One seller on here seemed to be more concerned that his stock was one more generation down from the originals than someone else,s so offered the youngsters cheaper,my reply was what differance did it make if they were 10 generatoins from the originals so long as the birds are breeding winners,there was no responce so i guess the youngsters were being sold off birds that wern,t producing winners.Another seller on here just seems to give you loads of abuse when you ask questions about the birds being sold so thats another that I personally wont be buying off.I guess the thing is as many have said before is you pays your money and takes your chance,but i would allways tell anyone dont be swayed by fancy pedigrees or birds that have won multiple races because there is no more guarentee that those birds will breed you winners than birds that have done nothing.

some of what you say is true pigeon man

but surely we have more chance of breeding some thing from great racers than just birds from the docks

some times people breed some at the end of the season of there best to get some money back i dont see anything wrong with this as you say you have to look in to what you are buying and if it is what you are after happy days

cheers

paul :)

I don't think you can tar everyone with the same brush , Stuart i would recomend you to anybody because i am very happy with the bird i bought at blackpool last year and anybody i speak to say they have got a good deal , but there are some i would not trust as far as i could throw them

:) I have delt with three people on this site they have not only sold  to me the pigeons as advertised ,but also helped with  the transport in one case, and gifted some other pigeons to me to help me get started.High prices are a draw back to me at the moment and along with  my lack of knolledge as to pedigrees would prevent me in buying some of the birds on this site,But in life you treat people as you find them,and on the threads you can read between the lines.Its a good thing that people ask questions even if it is uncomfertable for the seller .remember the buyer is always right, thats if you realy want  the money.It can get a bit personal at times but life would be very dull if you all agreed with each other. Great webb site.  :)  

YES a lot of things have changed since the Coxy saga

Not only because it has made more people aware what can happen, but also the fact that Coxy hasn't just put up his hands and say's "ALRIGHT I WAS WRONG AND WOULD NOT DO IT AGAIN" he has tried to change a number of factors to do the same to anyone else. NEWBE'S ARE BOTH LOOKED AT AS POTENTIAL COXY'S AND VICTIMS OF THE COXY'S

AND I HAVE BEEN INFORMED HE IS STILL TRYING

Noboby for one minute is tarring known members on the site as a COXY and what is wrong with asking relavent questions about whay you are buying. Would you do it in any other part of your life.......If not I have loads of things for sale first £50 gets one, don't worry it will change your life and the way you think forever, guaranteed ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

There is a good deal of common sense in whats stated previous,but at the end of the day,their will always be fanciers selling on pigeons for very many reasons,if you have got sellers,you have got buyers again for many reasons, this is basic simplicity,the buyer should always be aware of the adage(,Buyer Beware,)and to this end the buyer must do his homework regarding sale birds, making sure he is full satisfied, then and only then should he purchase,and only time will tell and in most instances, Professor basket if purchase has been successful. There is an Auction of birds on at the moment I have made some queries re same, to seller via P.Ms I am more than satisfied with honest and direct answers received,no sales pitch whatsoever from seller, just what I believe to be total honesty and so I am still interested, the only reason I wont have these birds is if some other person is prepared to pay more ,if so I will wish that person all the best with the birds,I cant for the life of me see any problem with this,the problems only begin when ANY third party with what appears to be no apparent interest in buying, attempts to besmirch or belittle the seller or birds for sale in  public view, for whatever reasons which has nothing to do with Auction/Buyers this I find very distasteful and indeed insulting to the intelligence of people interested in these birds,and possibly most members using this forum,there will always be likes/dislikes of certain birds and fanciers again for many and varied reasons,always has been,this is the very nature of the beast, but for petty squabbles and verbal rubbish , this is benificial to no party at the moment especially in public,so why not confine it to P.M only                                

There is a good deal of common sense in whats stated previous,but at the end of the day,their will always be fanciers selling on pigeons for very many reasons,if you have got sellers,you have got buyers again for many reasons, this is basic simplicity,the buyer should always be aware of the adage(,Buyer Beware,)and to this end the buyer must do his homework regarding sale birds, making sure he is full satisfied, then and only then should he purchase,and only time will tell and in most instances, Professor basket if purchase has been successful. There is an Auction of birds on at the moment I have made some queries re same, to seller via P.Ms I am more than satisfied with honest and direct answers received,no sales pitch whatsoever from seller, just what I believe to be total honesty and so I am still interested, the only reason I wont have these birds is if some other person is prepared to pay more ,if so I will wish that person all the best with the birds,I cant for the life of me see any problem with this,the problems only begin when ANY third party with what appears to be no apparent interest in buying, attempts to besmirch or belittle the seller or birds for sale in  public view, for whatever reasons which has nothing to do with Auction/Buyers this I find very distasteful and indeed insulting to the intelligence of people interested in these birds,and possibly most members using this forum,there will always be likes/dislikes of certain birds and fanciers again for many and varied reasons,always has been,this is the very nature of the beast, but for petty squabbles and verbal rubbish , this is benificial to no party at the moment especially in public,so why not confine it to P.M only                                

THAT IS THE PROBLEM, The differentiating between belittling or sabotaging a sale and some helpful advise. Sadly the vast majority of us don't know if there is underlying problems, history or experience etc between posters :-/

But in the other adage "Hindsight is a wonderful thing"

the best birds you get are for free, but there is some quality to buy aswell, but more crap than good im afraid. but most are genuine honest people on this sit just like me ;)

Agree and it would be interesting to run a poll on last seasons race results comparing performances of YB's [as simpler] ,between YB's bought in and YB's given/swapped for free.

The main thing that annoys me on here regarding selling birds is the fact that some people join solely in order to sell pigeons and contribute nothing else to the site,they just use it as free advertising and never even put any posts on.

Im a seller if you like to call me that!! But i believe i do the best i can and treat people how i would want to be treated myself.

Stuart

I believe you Stu ... shame I can't afford your birds  :P ;D

No that's not a hint for a good deal lol :K) ;D but I believe you are, as I've told others, a genuine feather merchant.

Guest TAMMY_1

Agree and it would be interesting to run a poll on last seasons race results comparing performances of YB's [as simpler] ,between YB's bought in and YB's given/swapped for free.

The main thing that annoys me on here regarding selling birds is the fact that some people join solely in order to sell pigeons and contribute nothing else to the site,they just use it as free advertising and never even put any posts on.

Anybody in particular  you mean here  ? ;) ;D ;D