Tossing Points

So should I skip ellon and do Aberdeen?

I don't know the area well enough, so my "knowledge" is pure hearsay. Pigeon men hearsay is something you have to take with a very large pinch of salt. Learn who to listen from in your own area, then tap their knowledge for as much info as they will give you.

I still look forward to hearing your replies. :)

Have you tossed Mintlaw 3 times ?? if so move on to Toll of Birness that would be about 18 mile tae you round about there ,it would be a great help if some one would advise local ,read and ask questions then the knowledge you gleen you can make up your mind what advice you use ,dont know your financial situation but look at subscrption for British Homing World magazine on line you see some good articles in there .

You go to Aberdeen they have to fly over Ellen to get to st Combes do they not.

Local knowledge will be better, but I was told there were a few nest sites in Ellon, skipping it might give them a run before they reach it. Problem is, there are nest sites everywhere now, so it is just a game of chance. :)

I have done mintlaw 2 times and I put 1 old bird in the basket with the young so that way they learn quicker and so far they come before I'm home so looks like next step ellon area but toll of birness yeah but it's near a road I hate to release near road as dangerous, don't want squashed doos lol

Local knowledge will be better, but I was told there were a few nest sites in Ellon, skipping it might give them a run before they reach it. Problem is, there are nest sites everywhere now, so it is just a game of chance. :)

There are loads of Bird of Preys everywhere so can't really avoid them just pray that I have clever doos to beat them to it.

There are loads of Bird of Preys everywhere so can't really avoid them just pray that I have clever doos to beat them to it.

I train early morning to avoid BOPs, I am away most mornings around 5am and have my Yb team out to 40+mls and still have the 35 I started training with.

I train early morning to avoid BOPs, I am away most mornings around 5am and have my Yb team out to 40+mls and still have the 35 I started training with.

40miles plus is good as the first race is approximately 98 miles from where I stay

40miles plus is good as the first race is approximately 98 miles from where I stay

Sorry 78 miles to be exact

100% andy mate no matter where we toss our birds there's always BOP around, just the chance we take eveytime we train or race our doos bud, kenny :animatedpigeons:

Thats good going pat good to hear ybs getting home from a trainer at that distance without having problems we had the same a couple of yrs back our ybs was doing well 2yr ago with trainers sometimes we all get a good season with training yb and next year its a nightmare with BOP strikes and all the other things in there way ie that wind farms are bad up here in north of scotland ATB , kenny

Thats good going pat good to hear ybs getting home from a trainer at that distance without having problems we had the same a couple of yrs back our ybs was doing well 2yr ago with trainers sometimes we all get a good season with training yb and next year its a nightmare with BOP strikes and all the other things in there way ie that wind farms are bad up here in north of scotland ATB , kenny

Sick of wind farms ugly looking things spoiling the scenery of Bonnie Scotland, there's too many around Aberdeenshire area