• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

21 in the solway at clocks

[/quote

Possibly only 20 birds home from the race outside the solway which puts it up there as one of the worst gold cup races,that's 3 of the last 7 gold cup races where there have not been enough birds timed to form a complete result!!!! What is the problem?. :partick-thistle-Crest:

John I don't think changing the racepoint nearly every year helps??

We went Reims last year geo after flying Reims in the past successfully and at the Agm a member stood up and quoted all these wonderful performances from alencon and that's why we are here this year,maybe something different next year!! But yes agree we do need continuity with race points. :partick-thistle-Crest:

That's not doo racing imo I feel for the distance enthusiasts that build everything around these races to get scudded year on year not taking anything away from the guys that's timed awesome birds to home in these conditions well done the timers ðŸ‘ðŸ‘and hope tomorrow brings more doos 🤞

That's not doo racing imo I feel for the distance enthusiasts that build everything around these races to get scudded year on year not taking anything away from the guys that's timed awesome birds to home in these conditions well done the timers ðŸ‘ðŸ‘and hope tomorrow brings more doos 🤞

Hope you are right Ricky but history tells us a handful of doos home before close of play tomorrow!! :partick-thistle-Crest:

The up north combine ,irish ,midland national ,nfc ,Scottish nationals No one nowadays gets good racing from 500 mls out of france

To many of us are living in the past the golden years of the 70s when birds were tumbling home

When you got good birds in those days you had them for 3 to 4 years never dropped them at a silly club race

But this is 2017 these things don't happen now and are not going to change such is the environment our birds have to race in

We set them up what we have left send them and hope for the best knowing fine well they will not all return

We get our share of good days but more often bad

The convoys are going with far to many inexperienced birds in through no fault of their own

Years ago our youngsters were well schooled went to the coast as yearlings that does not happen now as their numbers are getting halved week after week

Sadly good pigeons nowadays are just as good as their last race with no guarantee of survival from 10 miles

Atb Everyone I do hope your birds work in

Mick

The up north combine ,irish ,midland national ,nfc ,Scottish nationals No one nowadays gets good racing from 500 mls out of france

To many of us are living in the past the golden years of the 70s when birds were tumbling home

When you got good birds in those days you had them for 3 to 4 years never dropped them at a silly club race

But this is 2017 these things don't happen now and are not going to change such is the environment our birds have to race in

We set them up what we have left send them and hope for the best knowing fine well they will not all return

We get our share of good days but more often bad

The convoys are going with far to many inexperienced birds in through no fault of their own

Years ago our youngsters were well schooled went to the coast as yearlings that does not happen now as their numbers are getting halved week after week

Sadly good pigeons nowadays are just as good as their last race with no guarantee of survival from 10 miles

Atb Everyone I do hope your birds work in

Mick

Hi

Good post and very true

Well done Mick having 2 from 3

Cheers

Homer 49

21 in the solway at clocks

[/quote

Possibly only 20 birds home from the race outside the solway which puts it up there as one of the worst gold cup races,that's 3 of the last 7 gold cup races where there have not been enough birds timed to form a complete result!!!! What is the problem?. :partick-thistle-Crest:

John the south sent a hundred birds less than the e sect they have 21 home we have 4 what does that tell you

ame='alec guinness' date=' 4 July 2017 - 20:28 PM' timestamp='1499200123' post='1113314']

John the south sent a hundred birds less than the e sect they have 21 home we have 4 what does that tell you

Hi

Excellent observation and good point WHAT do you think that tells us

Cheers

Homer 49

John I don't think changing the racepoint nearly every year helps??

Each to their own but I can't see what difference it makes I dare say if the doos were at Reims yesterday instead of Alencon the same doos would still be home/missing.

Why is it that we get great racing from Ypres yet from alencon area is kek ? My opinion and it is only an opinion is that peregrines line up along the coast (nest) for their feed , go round the corner into Belgium area and its much flatter in England where the birds cross (maybe not so many bops) birds get into the uk and have a better chance of homing . Maybe racing further on that line might help . Anyone agree ? Or disagree ?