Gold Cup

dunc50

Hi

Excellent observation and good point WHAT do you think that tells us

Cheers

Homer 49

How many times you go over to club an find that most people have same percentage of birds missing.so iam looking at it on a percentage .so we should of had say 26 birds coming into the south to theyr 21 so why we only get 4 into the east .they are getting slaughtered comin thro those hills.am not saying that's the complete answer but IMO that's the only reason why we only got 4 home jmo

How many times you go over to club an find that most people have same percentage of birds missing.so iam looking at it on a percentage .so we should of had say 26 birds coming into the south to theyr 21 so why we only get 4 into the e sect .they are getting slaughtered comin thro those hills.am not saying that's the complete answer but IMO that's the only reason why we only got 4 home jmo

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Why is it that we get great racing from Ypres yet from alencon area is kek ? My opinion and it is only an opinion is that peregrines line up along the coast (nest) for their feed , go round the corner into Belgium area and its much flatter in England where the birds cross (maybe not so many bops) birds get into the uk and have a better chance of homing . Maybe racing further on that line might help . Anyone agree ? Or disagree ?

Ypres is the only race point to not change in how many years?

Why is it that we get great racing from Ypres yet from alencon area is kek ? My opinion and it is only an opinion is that peregrines line up along the coast (nest) for their feed , go round the corner into Belgium area and its much flatter in England where the birds cross (maybe not so many bops) birds get into the uk and have a better chance of homing . Maybe racing further on that line might help . Anyone agree ? Or disagree ?

Stuart last years ypres was the first time the birds had to face a west wind they did not cross look at the birds sent and birds clocked it was the worst race of the season number wise yet swept under the carpet to suit people s agenda s

No good races from anywhere now its all in peoples minds that certain ones are better Facts are Facts

How many times you go over to club an find that most people have same percentage of birds missing.so iam looking at it on a percentage .so we should of had say 26 birds coming into the south to theyr 21 so why we only get 4 into the east .they are getting slaughtered comin thro those hills.am not saying that's the complete answer but IMO that's the only reason why we only got 4 home jmo

It's not peregrine that's stopping the pigeons it's something else satellites wind farms bad controlling the list is endless

Stuart last years ypres was the first time the birds had to face a west wind they did not cross look at the birds sent and birds clocked it was the worst race of the season number wise yet swept under the carpet to suit people s agenda s

No good races from anywhere now its all in peoples minds that certain ones are better Facts are Facts

Mike you've had the pigeons along time big difference in distances from borders to central belt and it's not sour grapes but every year it's the same people that's timing wether they're systems are much better than ours or maybe the borders pigeons are taking a much better line than ours imo the race was a shambles a pigeon over a hour infront of anything else expletive remove that tells it all and well done to all the pigeons that made it and well done to you and dal and my mate Martin hilley

Nearly every distance national over the last few weeks have been very hard ,as mick says we have to accept it no longer resembles the hobby we took up as young lads .

But it is strange why solway get so many in and so few get up to the west ! I know that 70 mls is a killer but more should be facing it .

I don't think they got over the channel.

The up north combine ,irish ,midland national ,nfc ,Scottish nationals No one nowadays gets good racing from 500 mls out of france

To many of us are living in the past the golden years of the 70s when birds were tumbling home

When you got good birds in those days you had them for 3 to 4 years never dropped them at a silly club race

But this is 2017 these things don't happen now and are not going to change such is the environment our birds have to race in

We set them up what we have left send them and hope for the best knowing fine well they will not all return

We get our share of good days but more often bad

The convoys are going with far to many inexperienced birds in through no fault of their own

Years ago our youngsters were well schooled went to the coast as yearlings that does not happen now as their numbers are getting halved week after week

Sadly good pigeons nowadays are just as good as their last race with no guarantee of survival from 10 miles

Atb Everyone I do hope your birds work in

Mick

:emoticon-0137-clapping: :emoticon-0137-clapping:

ypres was a hard race last year i sent 8 and got 8 only remember one sticky race from there and thats when the lanarkshire fed never went with us alway manage to time from this race point even my sprinter can make it :emoticon-0136-giggle:

It's not peregrine that's stopping the pigeons it's something else satellites wind farms bad controlling the list is endless

I believe that the damage was done on the lib day you only have to look at

The amount of birds timed in the borders And the south says it All them the

Second day was a disaster.a big well done to those that got birds .

i think your bang on wullie i dont think the birds got across the channel for what ever reason and the second day forcast was was also correct a shut out across the boarders well done the boys that are in but the race is a f k g disaster again when is the next strike off at newmains not enough info coming through or we are looking at another nightmare at the ypres marking with guys turning up with clocks not stuck off or can they just add ypres on as another race and strike off both after ypres snfc should be letting us know how to proceed with the alencon race still on going

i think your bang on wullie i dont think the birds got across the channel for what ever reason and the second day forcast was was also correct a shut out across the boarders well done the boys that are in but the race is a f k g disaster again when is the next strike off at newmains not enough info coming through or we are looking at another nightmare at the ypres marking with guys turning up with clocks not stuck off or can they just add ypres on as another race and strike off both after ypres snfc should be letting us know how to proceed with the alencon race still on going

Between 7 and 9 tonight Walter..

It's on web site ,I think it's between 7 til 9 tonight Walter .

Edited by eastcoaster

Newmains - Wednesday 7pm to 9pm; Kilmarnock - Wednesday 6pm to 7pm; Bo'ness - Wednesday 6pm to 7pm; Section B - Castlepark Bowling Club Wednesday 7pm to 8pm; Fife (Glenrothes) Wednesday 2pm - anyone requiring their clock done tonight (Tuesday) contact J McCord or W Foreman; Dundee - Wednesday 12 noon

From SNFC webpage..

Walter ,Andy is doing the clocks to-night 9pm until 10pm if you pass it on to anyone Thats not on Site.