Gold Cup

dunc50

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Derek, The way I see it is if no birds are clocked on first day the Committee who cover every Fed should decide the Hrs of Darkness as it can be overcast and dark at 22.00 hrs

I don't disagree with you , somethings needing to change, that's for sure.

Hours of darkness all races should be from the last bird clocked on the day till the first next morning..

You need only look at the SNRPC Reims Gold Medal result, less than two weeks ago, to see how illogical your thought process was at the time of writing this post Peter :emoticon-0136-giggle:

Hours of darkness was up for discussion at the last AGM and it certainly isn't perfect as it is now, but your suggestion is possibly the least fair way it could be done.

Derek, The way I see it is if no birds are clocked on first day the Committee who cover every Fed should decide the Hrs of Darkness as it can be overcast and dark at 22.00 hrs

Some of the Committee cant even run the marking stations as per rules, if truth be told, ie one marking, one writing, one handling, so how can you expect them to come up with a fair assumption of the time of day it gets dark.The hours of darkness have been there in black and white in the rule book and until changed at an AGM they will apply for all races, as does the 400ypm rule applies to all races be they fast or slow, smash or blow home, cant have a rule for one and another for someone else

You need only look at the SNRPC Reims Gold Medal result, less than two weeks ago, to see how illogical your thought process was at the time of writing this post Peter :emoticon-0136-giggle:

Hours of darkness was up for discussion at the last AGM and it certainly isn't perfect as it is now, but your suggestion is possibly the least fair way it could be done.

So are you suggesting we leave things as they are.. If we are honest with each other their is no level playing field in this sport so why bother even discussing it, Hours of Darkness has always been a contentious subject and will never be resolved.

So are you suggesting we leave things as they are.. If we are honest with each other their is no level playing field in this sport so why bother even discussing it, Hours of Darkness has always been a contentious subject and will never be resolved.

I'm not suggesting anything Peter, merely highlighting how terrible your idea is with an example :emoticon-0136-giggle:

Some of the Committee cant even run the marking stations as per rules, if truth be told, ie one marking, one writing, one handling, so how can you expect them to come up with a fair assumption of the time of day it gets dark.The hours of darkness have been there in black and white in the rule book and until changed at an AGM they will apply for all races, as does the 400ypm rule applies to all races be they fast or slow, smash or blow home, cant have a rule for one and another for someone else

Nobody said otherwise, what we are saying is it's another thing needing brought up to date.

Well go on then and quantify your example as I have not looked at the SNRPC results.

I don't feel like quantifying any example the day, but I'll make one up and you can take from it what ye want :emoticon-0136-giggle:.

Peter Pandy-only bird on the night timed at 2109 flying 518miles 1113yards.

"Well Done Peter. Top Class!! Ye were right all along about those beans :emoticon-0137-clapping: :emoticon-0137-clapping:. Next time yer down at the England/Wales border get me half a tonne :D"

*Tough race ensues*

First bird timed the following morning is by none other than Peter's clubmate and near neighbour.

Not Pandy-first bird of the morning timed at 0628 flying 518 miles 1213yards

Result

1. Not Pandy on a velocity of 1021ypm

2. Peter Pandy on a velocity of 1020 ypm

"Dream stuff Not Pandy :emoticon-0123-party:. Peter dinnae bother about they beans, Not Pandy has shown me his feeding system :emoticon-0136-giggle: :emoticon-0136-giggle:"

Edited by Rooster J. Cogburn

I don't feel like quantifying any example the day, but I'll make one up and you can take from it what ye want :emoticon-0136-giggle:.

"Well Done Peter. Top Class!! Ye were right all along about those beans :emoticon-0137-clapping: :emoticon-0137-clapping:. Next time yer down at the England/Wales border get me half a tonne :D"

*Tough race ensues*

First bird timed the following morning is by none other than Peter's clubmate and near neighbour.

Result

"Dream stuff Not Pandy :emoticon-0123-party:. Peter dinnae bother about they beans, Not Pandy has shown me his feeding system :emoticon-0136-giggle: :emoticon-0136-giggle:"

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

*Tough race ensues*

Result

You've lost it, lay add the cheese pizzas. Your in dream land againlol

IMO anyone who got their clock read off should be on the result in a race we all positions were not taken

Good shout to have a rule specifically to deal with races that haven't enough doos tae make a full result up.

What we have tae bear in mind is that successive committees, from when the hours of darkness were decided, failed tae bring changes tae the table.....which also says the members never thought of doing anything about it either because, to the best of my knowledge, no member has put a proposal in to accommodate these circumstances.

On that basis we've naebody but ourselves tae blame !!!!

For what it's worth in these circumstances I would close the race at 400ypm to the longest flying Entry in the race. That way hours of darkness would only come into the equation on the first night as after that in a disaster like this they are so spread out 5 hrs or 8hrs wouldn't make much odds. I think 11-4:30 is about right tae.

Has to be a cut off point or god knows when some guys wid time in and want their clock run aff 🤣🤣

was thinking on this, why do they ask you to control your clock at 10pm on the second night if required, I know its to split the days. so you could time in after 10pm second night having controlled your clock big ask for birds to be flying for 2 days until 11pm but then it could happen, so the members should ask for a change, until then its the rules we have always used, bet there is many a member had the same situation happen to them even just for pool monies not won