Gold Cup Liberation

Blue Tooner

Tam, don't think many of the birds made it out of France ?

Jim, think you are spot on with that, the INFC held over on Monday at St Allouestre due to low cloud and drizzle from north coast of Frace to south coast of England, where for me this tells its own story, were the SNFC race control team not aware of this poor weather on the channel?? And if not why not ?? or did they know and liberate any way?.cany understand how they wouldn't be aware of this poor weather ( the Irish were ) and if they new about it why did they liberate??, fckin shocking race where races like this are becoming the norm with the SNFC :emoticon-0179-headbang:

• Replies 295
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jim, think you are spot on with that, the INFC held over on Monday at St Allouestre due to low cloud and drizzle from north coast of Frace to south coast of England, where for me this tells its own story, were the SNFC race control team not aware of this poor weather on the channel?? And if not why not ?? or did they know and liberate any way?.cany understand how they wouldn't be aware of this poor weather ( the Irish were ) and if they new about it why did they liberate??, fckin shocking race where races like this are becoming the norm with the SNFC :emoticon-0179-headbang:

could it do with if they didnt go monday and then they would nt been able to tuesday because of the bad weather right across north of england and south of scotland which would ve meant today wouuld have been the first good day but would that have left them struggling to get transport sorted for ypres so is this the reason they went monday ????

Spot on time for a full revamp

How many chances does this race control team get that's 2 disastrous gold cup races on the bounce this is just not acceptable for a club of this stature.there should be an enquiry called asap by the president.this was the cream of doos in Scotland wiped out just not good enough I checked the weather myself on Monday morning and could see there was fog on the channel so how can the control team not see it,stand down guys use have had enough chances I've had enough ofyour bad decisions and so have plenty others

well said dava if the race controllers had any balls atoll they would admit their mistake and walk birds haven't got a start at gold cup for the 2nd year running and that's their job to make sure they do not birds of prey not rain in north of England unfit for purpose comes to mind

How many chances does this race control team get that's 2 disastrous gold cup races on the bounce this is just not acceptable for a club of this stature.there should be an enquiry called asap by the president.this was the cream of doos in Scotland wiped out just not good enough I checked the weather myself on Monday morning and could see there was fog on the channel so how can the control team not see it,stand down guys use have had enough chances I've had enough ofyour bad decisions and so have plenty others

Well said Davie ,

I spoke to a fellow race controller on Monday morn and said exactly what would happen he agreed 100% .A few 1st day birds and the rest washed down . I remember when I was on the committee we paid a pro for weather info . And Jock Alston was controller . Although a very odd occasion the weather man got it wrong . But that wasn't the norm . Time to do it this way again I'm afraid .

I spoke to a fellow race controller on Monday morn and said exactly what would happen he agreed 100% .A few 1st day birds and the rest washed down . I remember when I was on the committee we paid a pro for weather info . And Jock Alston was controller . Although a very odd occasion the weather man got it wrong . But that wasn't the norm . Time to do it this way again I'm afraid .

When this control team step down there will be loads of folk to take on the challenge

When this control team step down there will be loads of folk to take on the challenge

Better an empty house than a bad Tennant Stevie. The controllers of the SNFC races have lost more pigeons than any other in history. They are unfit to do the job and should resign NOW!!!

The committee can take over the job until the AGM when another team can be elected. If no one takes the job then the committee sort it.

These shambolic races have been too frequent to come to any other conclusion than the controller/s are not capable.

This thread has focused on this one race but this team have delivered disaster after disaster, how many more lofts do they ruin before they are voted out?? Coz they dont have the dignity to Resign.

Ps. A wisnae away so a ain't crying over spilled milk

Yes when I was on it I had a fax sent every race morning at 4.30 with weather wind dir. Wind speed,temperature,visibility, cloud base, etc. for the five areas from the racepoint to then north of Scotland and I could contact the weather centre any time of the day, in addition to this Roy Seaton assisted by getting information on the channel from P&O Ferries at Cherbourge and other contacts this was IMO the most important info.for the channel races

Better an empty house than a bad Tennant Stevie. The controllers of the SNFC races have lost more pigeons than any other in history. They are unfit to do the job and should resign NOW!!!

The committee can take over the job until the AGM when another team can be elected. If no one takes the job then the committee sort it.

These shambolic races have been too frequent to come to any other conclusion than the controller/s are not capable.

This thread has focused on this one race but this team have delivered disaster after disaster, how many more lofts do they ruin before they are voted out?? Coz they dont have the dignity to Resign.

Ps. A wisnae away so a ain't crying over spilled milk

the folk that take this job on are braver than me

Guest mambo

Noticed a smokie blue double rung at the Glasgow slip road at castlecarry roundabout at 9:45 am sitting under the crash barrier on the slip road heavy rain at the time passed it before I seen it

Know this won't be any consolation to you guys following the race, but who has had good racing over the channel this year?

Spoke to a NFC flyer this week and he said the Tarbes birds should never have been liberated either.

We had a combine race from Saintes the week before you and there were 6 birds timed from 63 sent, and no more have turned up since.

The BBC race from Fougeres was the same last week, lots birds missing.

As for Bourges, St. Malo and MNFC Ancennis? Where do you want to start?

Noticed a smokie blue double rung at the Glasgow slip road at castlecarry roundabout at 9:45 am sitting under the crash barrier on the slip road heavy rain at the time passed it before I seen it

was your car on limp home mode . And more importantly did you go back and get it.

Plenty o armchair controllers out there Steven . But u need very very broad shoulders .

My point exactly Stuart. I asked when people would have libbed if they had been in charge and it's fair to say no consensus was reached....i would have went Friday.....i would have libbed Sunday.....tuesday....4am .....6am.....midday and on and on. This is the reason somebody is put in charge. This person is usually thought highly of and can handle the responsibility it brings. They didn't let them off with the intention of a poor race I am sure. If you want change get to the AGM and get it sorted to your satisfaction