• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

N.I.P.A liberated yesterday at 6.30am

No day birds.

Up to 11.00pm to-day only 7 birds are listed on their website as 2nd day arrivals.

Back in the day we called this a disaster. What's the modern take on it ?

Well I must be back in the day Paul because I still think that was a disaster

Jim,not sure that your right what you say.....is it not the race controllers who has the final say.......JBC/..

Surely the guy at the racepoint has to have the final say if the race controller is 4-500 miles away???

This kind of thing happening in this day and age is totally unacceptable and surely somebody must be held to account for it ..There are NO comments that can be made to justify this absolute F up heads must ROLL , people responsible for this shouldn't be allowed to even be in the company of pigeon men WEED THEM OUT OUR SPORT DOESN'T NEED THEM OR WANT THEM OR TO LISTEN TO THEIR EXCUSES

RANT over

But things must change

all the best

commiserations to all those whose birds are amiss

sandy

Jim,not sure that your right what you say.....is it not the race controllers who has the final say.......JBC/..

RPRA THE CONVOYERS ARE THE RACE CONTROLLERS. THE PROBLEM AT ST. MALO SEEMS TO BE AT THE RACE POINT IF SO THE CONVOYER SHOULD NOT LIB IN SPITE OF BEING TOLD TO GO.

RPRA THE CONVOYERS ARE THE RACE CONTROLLERS. THE PROBLEM AT ST. MALO SEEMS TO BE AT THE RACE POINT IF SO THE CONVOYER SHOULD NOT LIB IN SPITE OF BEING TOLD TO GO.

Sorry Jim,In federations where they own the transporter they Elect a controller at their A.G.M. To suggest that the convoyer who may be the transporter driver or assistant should not liberate if the all clear for a liberation has been given by the controller is in my opinion wrong,what would happen if the controller said they were to be held over do you think because the weather is suitable at the race point the convoyer should over rule and liberate............Jim there has been as far back as I can remember (60s) there have been very bad smashes with heavy losses not all from distance races,many with no clear reasons for such,you just have to look at how many members train there own birds they pick the day ,the select where they liberate their birds in what most would describe as ideal conditions yet ....BANG they get cleaned out...I say let the controllers control the race....cheers.....JBC/..

Just checked NIPA 'site'.....nothing more posted since 22.00pm last night.

Why would anyone want to race the distance when their birds are treated to this ?

Wouldn't surprise me if PETA gets all over this !

If all we are going to do about this sort of incompetence is to make excuses tell people to sit up shut up accept it it happens be quiet before PETA gets onto it ......News just in wake up dont defend or make excuses for idiots with woolen bags who want to assure us that it wasnt their fault well just whos fault is it then ..Maybe just maybe if PETA gets stuck into us for this fn fiasco we just might get the gumption to do whats right for our birds and no longer accept excuses for what is gross negligence you know what they say if you do nothing in the face of wrong , we are guilty of condoning the very act we abhor well lets make this clear for those who refuse to go to specsavers not in my fn name fix it its yours deal with it ...

disgusted with the whole system

sandy