It's Time For Change

tiger

After this weekend's debacle I beleave we must now use the best transporters available to us in Lanarkshire motors state of the art .

The club is for all members not just a few !!!!

Birds that will have water on 3 sides it's time that it shared out equally not kept to the same feds year in year out the old pals act the welfare of the birds must be paramount 😈😈😈

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest mambo

After this weekend's debacle I beleave we must now use the best transporters available to us in Lanarkshire motors state of the art .

The club is for all members not just a few !!!!

Birds that will have water on 3 sides it's time that it shared out equally not kept to the same feds year in year out the old pals act the welfare of the birds must be paramount ������������������

What feds transport, did you not get on tiger, drinkers on three sides are only on 2 fed trucks I know of

Guest mambo

Was it not the Lanarkshire so called state of the art transporters that gave us the Carentan debacle a couple of years ago

Was it not cadgies, shooting birds.

Well said the biggest fault is there transporters,a can't see why people wouldn't want there best birds in the best transporter available with better light and better ventilation and better water and feeding facilitates

but you have tae change rules tae go in better transporters tho :drinking-coffee-200:

do you think that race was down tae the heat ????

No I don't because the birds I got home on the day and next day were not distressed and hadn't lost much body weigh,t don't know the cause but I think the Perigrines played a part, the south coast is polluted with them jmo.

No I don't because the birds I got home on the day and next day were not distressed and hadn't lost much body weigh,t don't know the cause but I think the Perigrines played a part, the south coast is polluted with them jmo.

eh the birds came up the west coast that race way the east in the wind :drinking-coffee-200:

Hi i didnt have doos away to SNFC race but IMO though the drinkers are there dont you think the number of birds in the basket also would determine the ease that the birds can get to the water ,how many birds were in the crates as a matter of interest.

Ayrshire North Road Federation are a much smaller concern than the Scottish National Flying Club, however, ...... we received a report from a conveyer that the pigeons at the bulkhead end of our trailer were unable to see due to lack of light and that they were not drinking when the water was put on. Our drinkers ran the length of the rear of the crates and were filled from the rear end of the trailer. No access for the conveyer to enter between the crates.

We improved our trailer by spacing the crates allowing water on both long sides of them. This allowed light and air to flow between the crates and the water was freely available to all pigeons within the crates. The conveyer reported that all pigeons were seen to be drinking after the improvements. Our returns have improved since then.

I would think that all organisations should strive to supply the best conditions possible for the pigeons within their care. :)

Edited by Kyleakin Lofts

Ayrshire North Road Federation are a much smaller concern than the Scottish National Flying Club, however, ...... we received a report from a conveyer that the pigeons at the bulkhead end of our trailer were unable to see due to lack of light and that they were not drinking when the water was put on. Our drinkers ran the length of the rear of the crates and were filled from the rear end of the trailer. No access for the conveyer to enter between the crates.

We improved our trailer by spacing the crates allowing water on both long sides of them. This allowed light and air to flow between the crates and the water was freely available to all pigeons within the crates. The conveyer reported that all pigeons were seen to be drinking after the improvements. Our returns have improved since then.

I would think that all organisations should strive to supply the best conditions possible for the pigeons within their care. :)

how many birds does your transporter hold andy ???

Maybe the best post iv seen on here..!!

MNFC

NIPA

NFC

all the best transport available.

Do they have bad races,, of course they do, but on days like saturday you would have to be insane not to think that a state of the art transporter would not have helped..

The main issue why its not happened isnt even about the birds... thats the sad thing... he dosnt like this one they dont like him... that there is whats killing the doo game... guys have pops at others.. *expletive removed* i like a bit of banter like most... but try my best to be respectful to others opinions..

Its time to stop the bitching and moaning about otganisations and put the birds first.. will we get bad races in the LRPF transporter ?? Of course we will...thats modern pigeon racing... but expletive remove give them the best opertunity..

5/17 from Saturday.

Hard to take...not gonna lie.. but i was gutted the way the race panned out for all... 6000 plus doos kinda got me thinkn we could get back to the old days with Nationals... i want everyone to have a great race, to encourage it..

Obviously and unfortunately this is surmising but I think we need to review the overall care from set off to liberation with potential emphasis on Fridays’ condition within the respective transporters.

How was water provided? what was the temperature within the transporters during the days I,e do we have temperature readings for this , was anything done to cool the transports down (if necessary). Despite the heat through England last weekend there has been good racing from more modern transportation.

If all the that was possible was done to the best of the ability of the people in charge of the pigeons (and fanciers expectations) before the release then we have elsewhere to consider, For myself the SNFC has lost the ideology and aspirations of our own state of the art transporters, that in itself is fine so long as what we choose to transport with has water available on 3 sides of a crate, has the ability to cool down (I,e not just reverberated heat around the transporter)

The fact the birds seem reported in a number of places would possibly indicate dehydration was at play early on.

If it was up to me I would say what can we afford in terms of state of the art transporter and work backwards from there, In that it may be only possible to purchase a 1000 bird lorry as a result in such cases some races would need to be limited in birdage for a numbers for fanciers.

The hot weather was always going to cause a demanding race, the story of them appearing elsewhere and also a perceived lack of returns onwards (in terms of numbers) make me think It’s Friday we should really be concentrating upon as this is when we could do our side of the care bargain for the pigeons. Until we look after our pigeons and respect them as the little miracles they are we are not going to be held in high regard when trying to discuss other issues such as hawks etc. albeit I do take on Rebus comment re hawks, even if so all of the above stands.

As always there are pigeons in good time and they deserve full credit and praise also there is a simple fact that after 8 plus hours of flying pigeons do start to drop out (in terms of racing) but it's not as simple in this instance as saying well some made it others should too.