Breeding Before Yb Season

Hi peeps me again, I have question which is I have 18 young birds for racing but I think it's not enough can I breed more from my old birds again? All my birds just been vaccinated for pmv, could future babies compete without being vaccinated or must be done? I know the season starts in July so I use my 18 but could late babies be fine for later in the year or best for next year old bird racing?

Cheers I know it's lots but I'm still learning

My advice....Get your old birds split now, so they can have a good moult.

Concentrate on your 18 youngsters. Put your effort into these. By now, you should have started their training, so keep that ticking over where weather permits ! A big team of youngsters, for a novice like yourself, could be a bigger hindrance. Don't fall into one of the many 'traps' where you think more is better. If you can start racing with a team of 18 well trained youngsters, you should get plenty of enjoyment this year. Best of luck. P.

My advice....Get your old birds split now, so they can have a good moult.

Concentrate on your 18 youngsters. Put your effort into these. By now, you should have started their training, so keep that ticking over where weather permits ! A big team of youngsters, for a novice like yourself, could be a bigger hindrance. Don't fall into one of the many 'traps' where you think more is better. If you can start racing with a team of 18 well trained youngsters, you should get plenty of enjoyment this year. Best of luck. P.

That would be the best idea