wre is the best place to by jansens from

frank1

There are many places with Janseens including fountainhead etc but there are also many Janseen based family's arround as well.

Have a look around your area and find out who is winning with what and look at obtaining similar lines as you know they will suit your area.

Phil

There are many places to buy janseens but what I would do if I was you would be to buy a few different janseens from different sources and test them out,, find out what flys best into your area and terrain.. also lots of studs and fanciers won't sell their best lines so get the best you can .. we have 2 sources of janseen here now 1 tried and one being tested,, the tried ones are from frank dixon from liverpool,, they have flown very well and have bred 6 x 1st club in 2 years and 3rd,10th,13th national aswell.. the new blood is from a local fancier near us called alan maull, he has bred janseens from different sources since the early 80's.. they are winning all over the country.. and have won the bicc 2 times and many nationals and combines.. we are paying £100 a bird normally for the top lines,, and we know them,,lol

shop around and try some form here and there,, but always ask for their best.. now is a good time to buy as people want to get the late bred off their hands.... birds bred now will still be old enough to breed in jan,,

the very best of luck to you..  good hunting

ant

Guest strapper

dave stone has some of the best ive had,and also a m8 of mine has had some very good off him, fed toppers in same nest.

also takes some of the best pics of birds ive seen ..nice guy to deal with.!

Guest strapper

i would say dont judge ur results on one loft of janssens,it could be that the fancier is a top flyer ,judge it on a few fanciers with them,and go and ask for advice off them.

big money doesnt always get u the best birds around, it may just get u birds off the top price seller!

Without doubt the best pure gene pool of Janssen bros pigeons  in the U.K are owned by "Mr Janssen" Tony Bates of Rugeley West Midlands.

He is a Janssen enthusiast and only has pure Janssens,if any other strain is mentioned on the pedigree Tony will not have it.He doesn't race so he will sell you whatever you wanted.He has also visited Janssen bros on many occasions.

Best breeding Janssen cock in the world at the moment is Jan van der pasch's Lowieke.

I know Tony has this line and we are winning regularly with our Lowieke pigeons.

Jim Newton

(Head & Newton)

Frank if your looking for janssens with performances you dont have to look any farther than pigeon basics looking at the British Homing World this week page 84. Steve and Paul Kulpa what a performance 131 members sent 2.094 birds and Steve and Paul took the first 11 positions and took 16 of the first 30 places in the fed well done lads.

Without doubt the best pure gene pool of Janssen bros pigeons  in the U.K are owned by "Mr Janssen" Tony Bates of Rugeley West Midlands.

He is a Janssen enthusiast and only has pure Janssens,if any other strain is mentioned on the pedigree Tony will not have it.He doesn't race so he will sell you whatever you wanted.He has also visited Janssen bros on many occasions.

Best breeding Janssen cock in the world at the moment is Jan van der pasch's Lowieke.

I know Tony has this line and we are winning regularly with our Lowieke pigeons.

Jim Newton

(Head & Newton)

your sure right,tony travells to holland has his wife is dutch aswell,my best janssens have come from tony.