Scottish Central Combine Leicester Yearling Derby 2017

Provisional Result

735 Yearlings competed for the honour of winning the above race on Saturday 27th May 2017.

It turned out a very hard race for some but amazingly the winners posted some great times.

Congratulations to Gordon MacKenzie for coming out on top and winning the Central Section.

Angus Orr and Son Allan won the North West Section and the two Bird Average

Iain Gibson won the Midland Section

John McLaughlin won the West Lothian Section

Every Yearling pigeon in the convoy was eligible to be entered without any duplication costs due to the well supported

Young Bird sale that was hosted on Pigeon Basics earlier this year.

Thanks again for that

Norman

Provisional Result

735 Yearlings competed for the honour of winning the above race on Saturday 27th May 2017.

It turned out a very hard race for some but amazingly the winners posted some great times.

Congratulations to Gordon MacKenzie for coming out on top and winning the Central Section.

Angus Orr and Son Allan won the North West Section and the two Bird Average

Iain Gibson won the Midland Section

John McLaughlin won the West Lothian Section

Every Yearling pigeon in the convoy was eligible to be entered without any duplication costs due to the well supported

Young Bird sale that was hosted on Pigeon Basics earlier this year.

Where's result

Thanks again for that

Norman

That's your Feds fault and the yearling Derby is held every year ðŸ˜ðŸ˜ðŸ˜

Of course it is or supposed to be because in my day it was published in the Fed programme and it was held for Yearlings only in July after Club racing had terminated usually on the same day as Nantes with the Combine 500 mile race on the second Friday in July. We in our Midland Fed Club were only told on the Friday at race marking and to my mind the Scottish Central Combine has been reduced to a farce BUT then again I am only an old codger who has seen the past and the present. The Scottish Central Combine could and should have been the alternative to the SNFC with the birds racing into the 12 mile radius. The old stalwarts who are no longer with us will be turning in their graves at its destruction.

Of course it is or supposed to be because in my day it was published in the Fed programme and it was held for Yearlings only in July after Club racing had terminated usually on the same day as Nantes with the Combine 500 mile race on the second Friday in July. We in our Midland Fed Club were only told on the Friday at race marking and to my mind the Scottish Central Combine has been reduced to a farce BUT then again I am only an old codger who has seen the past and the present. The Scottish Central Combine could and should have been the alternative to the SNFC with the birds racing into the 12 mile radius. The old stalwarts who are no longer with us will be turning in their graves at its destruction.

peter it is printed on the fed programme for the central fed, under combine races

I didn't start this thread to cause a row, it was to give some publicity to the winners and other timers at this race, a race that I believe still holds some prestige in Central Scotland. I also wanted to thank the members of Pigeon Basics

for their support at the Young Bird sale that was held on the site, that made this race completely accessible to all SCC organisation members.

Every Yearling that was at the joint liberation of the Central, Fauldhouse and Midland Federations at Leicester last Saturday was automatically entered into the SCC Yearling Derby and there was no need to pay any duplication fee to the SCC.

The date, race point and entry format for the Yearling Derby was agreed at a SCC meeting of all the member organisations earlier this year.

(North West Federation later decided to race from a different race point that day but a number of their Federation members still sent to the SCC race)

There were sheets made available to all the SCC Federations well in advance of the race for members to notify the SCC secretary of the number of Yearlings they were entering into the race and/or to use the same form for pools.

It could not have been simpler. If there are members of the SCC who did not know about this arrangement then I would ask them to take that up with their own Federation Officials.

Also if there are any SCC members who timed Yearlings at the Leicester race and who would wish to have their birds recorded in the final result then please ask them to get in touch with myself

and I will oblige.

For information the SCC Channel race is a duplication race within the SNFC Ypres race and the same rules will apply. If you are a member of any of the SCC Organisations then any bird you send to the SNFC Ypres race will automatically be in

the SCC race and you will only have to pay the fees required by the SNFC. If you are sending then please fill out one of the new SCC forms.

Norman Dixon

I didn't start this thread to cause a row, it was to give some publicity to the winners and other timers at this race, a race that I believe still holds some prestige in Central Scotland. I also wanted to thank the members of Pigeon Basics

for their support at the Young Bird sale that was held on the site, that made this race completely accessible to all SCC organisation members.

Every Yearling that was at the joint liberation of the Central, Fauldhouse and Midland Federations at Leicester last Saturday was automatically entered into the SCC Yearling Derby and there was no need to pay any duplication fee to the SCC.

The date, race point and entry format for the Yearling Derby was agreed at a SCC meeting of all the member organisations earlier this year.

(North West Federation later decided to race from a different race point that day but a number of their Federation members still sent to the SCC race)

There were sheets made available to all the SCC Federations well in advance of the race for members to notify the SCC secretary of the number of Yearlings they were entering into the race and/or to use the same form for pools.

It could not have been simpler. If there are members of the SCC who did not know about this arrangement then I would ask them to take that up with their own Federation Officials.

Also if there are any SCC members who timed Yearlings at the Leicester race and who would wish to have their birds recorded in the final result then please ask them to get in touch with myself

and I will oblige.

For information the SCC Channel race is a duplication race within the SNFC Ypres race and the same rules will apply. If you are a member of any of the SCC Organisations then any bird you send to the SNFC Ypres race will automatically be in

the SCC race and you will only have to pay the fees required by the SNFC. If you are sending then please fill out one of the new SCC forms.

Norman Dixon

Well said Norman.

Davie every decision is made before meetings take place as you well know in the Midland Fed.

there you go them midland fed problem, not the scottish central combine. its well done to the scottish central combine free entry for all birds all races, fantastic idea, big well done to the men in charge

Big well done to the men in charge !, I totally agree they should give themselves a clap on the back for keeping out the members who were in the Central, West Lothian and Midland Federations for starting Almond Valley Federation and Forth and Clyde Federation with the archaic voting system employed by the Combine Management Committee.

Big well done to the men in charge !, I totally agree they should give themselves a clap on the back for keeping out the members who were in the Central, West Lothian and Midland Federations for starting Almond Valley Federation and Forth and Clyde Federation with the archaic voting system employed by the Combine Management Committee.

explain

The explanation is quite simple Dave !, If their is "ONE" vote against any proposition then it is thrown out. But hey thats democracy for you ""NOT"".

norrie dickson tried to get all the combine back together and was in touch with all feds in the combine, and has been working hard to help the combine

who else is doing any think to help, so if any think he should get the credit for that,

A canny believe a sale was allowed tae subsidise yer racing, some neck on yeez getting other fanciers tae pay for yer racing. I hope ye paid the £30 sellers fee coz that ain't charity

john i new thats what the sale was for and was happy to put a y/ bird to help all the doo men in the combine not just the winners if it was paid out in prize money

john i new thats what the sale was for and was happy to put a y/ bird to help all the doo men in the combine not just the winners if it was paid out in prize money

I participated by buying a doo Davie but I didn't realise it was to pay birdages, I honestly do not think that is appropriate.