Bill Dorward

DJL

It was with great sadness that I heard of the passing of Bill Dorward of St Vigeans, Arbroath earlier today. Bill had been suffering from a debilitating illness for around two years but despite that he continued to care for his pigeons for as long as he was able. His passion was long distance racing and in particular the SNFC Gold Cup race. It was a great thrill for Bill when he timed from Reims last year to be 2nd Section, 7th Open, winning the H A French Trophy and the H A French Challenge Rosebowl. I know he was a proud man when accompanied by his daughter he collected the trophies at the SNFC presentation. On behalf of all members of Angus Federation may I express our condolences to Bills family.

May you rest in peace Bill.

Rest in peace Bill,

Bill has been through a terrible ordeal these last few years but throughout Bill faced the dilemmas and constraints with great courage and dignity. The result from Reims last year was a beautiful poignant display of man and pigeon against the odds.

Bill had some tremendous results at the long distance , the long distance being his only ambition. Often perpexlingly good !

Bill was a very astute thoughtful person who built a good business , had a deep love of nature and was a great gentleman, God bless.

Glen

Sad news,enjoyed bills company at a few Snfc dances where he was always a gentleman, his niece Nicola was at school with me and we always had a good chat,top distance fancier who will be missed,thoughts with bills family and close friends,rip.