The Joe Murphy Column

Ian McKay

The Joe Murphy Column

Last Saturday the 29th April I went along and opened the gates to the park for Davie Barrie, the North of Scotland federation driver convoyer at 07-00 hours. It was a bit overcast with the sunshine coming up in the east coast. I then returned prior to the liberation of 1877 birds at 10-00 and have attached a photograph of the liberation. The pigeons went into 6 batches and seemed to take ages to get their bearings and yet they seemed to have experienced a good race as their result shows (see results below) with their federation winner doing 1700 yards a minute. I also collected an ETS system for Gordon Turnbull the Fife federation secretary and also some young birds for 2 Kennoway members who purchased them at Dougie Bald charity auction. I was also informed that the Fife federation young bird sale was a disaster with only 7 youngsters in the pens and about the same number of fanciers present. This is such a pity as this would have been an ideal opportunity for the federation to make some money as a few of their members did well last year in the national races. For example from Buckingham Ronnie Stevenson of Leven won 1st section C 4th open. Brian Chalmers from Kennoway won 2nd section C 7th open. Dave Baldie of St Andrews won 3rd & 5th section C 10th & 17th open. From Littlehampton Dave Baldie won 1st section C 2nd open with Clark Clark & Page winning 3rd section C 6th open. From the Gold Cup race from Reims George Anderson of Scone won 4th 5th & 7th section C 19th 20th & 22nd open. From Ancenis Frank Mitchell of Oakley won 1st section C 39th open with Jim Doig of Cardenden being 3rd section C 44th open. From the Ypres race Jocky Scott won 1st & 9th section C 5th & 19th open; Dave Baldie won 7th section C 16th open and Jim & Gary Peggie of Methil won 8th section C 18th open. From the Roye national Jocky Scott won 1st section C 1sto OPEN with Frank Mitchell winning 2nd section C 8th open and John Skelton of Dunfermline won 3rd section C 13th open. Then from the young bird national we had Willie Hay wining 1st section C 3rd open and Dave Baldie was 3rd section C 18th open. Plus Frank Mitchell won a SNFC Silver Award with the national. Even if the officials had obtained ONE young bird from all the above mentioned winners they would have made a ‘FORTUNE’ at this sale as you would have to go a long way to find such quality and results achieved by the Fife federation members. Well done to all the above mentioned and I hope their success continues in 2017.

Results

For the 2nd old bird race from Ridsdale a distance of 101 miles 4 members of Arbroath club sent 76 birds these were liberated at 08-15am with No wind at the race point. A clear winner this week is Gen Cameron with a velocity of 1236 his yearling is bred from ‘Prada’ winner of 1st & 2nd North Section (beaten by loft mate) for Glen when racing in Aberdeen. Prada is a grandson of the Castres of Leon Messiaen and he also contains Leon's other base pigeon the Perpignan while his sire contains the lines of the Tutsi of Martin Ravelingien. The dam is ‘Little Dorrie’ winner of 3rd open SNFC Reims and last year her granddaughter won 7th open SNFC Reims for Bill Dorward. 2nd & 3rd places go to Glen’s dad Charlie with his 1st bird bred from a black hen who has won 3 times in the top 20 in SNFC races when mated to a son of Snowcap winner of 4th open SNFC Reims. Charlie’s 2nd bird is from his Jos Claes family.

Angus Federation sent 802 birds to Ridsdale with No wind recorded at the liberation time of 08-15am the leading pigeon was doing a velocity of 1375 for the Forfar partnership of Macaulay Ferguson & Curran who are also 2nd 12th & 13th open with club mate Ian Scott in 3rd 5th 6th 7th 14th & 18th open places. David J Liddle of the same club is 4th 11th 19th & 20th with Bob Baldie winning 8th 9th 10th & 17th positions. D Smith is 15th with Davie Glen in 16th open making up the top 20 places.

East section winners are as follows; Glen Cameron of Arbroath is 1st with his second bird winning 6th place in Inchcape club. The Montrose partnership of J & J Leven is 2nd & 8th with Charlie Cameron of Arbroath club in 3rd & 4th places. Arty S Whyte of Montrose is 5th with D & D Hay of Gourdon club won 7th & 10th positions. Making the top ten in 9th spot is G Campbell of Montrose club.

Club winners are as follows: Forfar 545 bird’s winner Macaulay Ferguson & Curran: Arbroath 76 bird’s winner Glen Cameron: Inchcape 69 birds winner Glen Cameron; Gourdon 43 birds winner D & D Hay; Montrose 69 birds winner J J Leven.

Ayrshire Federation

News from Archie McIntyre the federation race secretary who writes; ‘Hi Joe, would it be possible for you to include the attached Ayrshire Federation Arniston race report and photos in your weekly report? I hoping I can continue to send weekly reports of the federation throughout the season to you if that is ok. We kicked off the 2017 season on Saturday 22nd April from Arniston with a new federation man in the hot seat as race controller Jim O’Hare. This being Jim’s first time ever controlling and he was not hanging about either as he had the convoy of 1,386 birds off and running at 08-15 hours with no wind at the race point. We could not have possible asked for a better 1st race with the birds tumbling in with many members reporting large drops of birds. Long may this continue?

Leading the pack to take 1st federation on 1388.4 flying 66 miles 148 yards is Willie Lawrence of the Whitletts & District club. Willie yearling cock was flying on the roundabout system and was bred down from stock purchased from Gerry Clements from his famous ‘91 lines’. Taking 2nd federation on 1378.6 is John Donald from the Ardeer club flying 69 miles 916 yards; John’s bird is a yearling chequer cock purchased as a squeaker at Ardeer Breeder/Buyer sale last season and was bred by Russell MaCalary from Northern Ireland. John being a very prominent and experienced fancier noticed that his young birds had gone slightly off colour so the cock didn't race as a youngster. This nice yearling cock was sent to his first ever race flying natural feeding his first ever youngsters with his hen back down on eggs and this came up trumps to win 1st Ardeer HS (245 birds). 1st north section 643 birds and 2nd open federation 1386 birds. Just a point of note that Russell MaCalary has supported the Ardeer Breeder Buyer sale for a few seasons through friends and his birds have now won for several different fanciers, so well done to Russell and many thanks for your support.

Close on John Donald’s heels taking 3rd federation on 1370.7 is club mate John (Abdoola) Simpson flying 67 miles 996 yards. He also wins 2nd club 245 birds, 2nd section 643 birds. John’s yearling mealy cock for is flown on the roundabout system and is a bird with a lot of credentials already. As a youngster he won twice in the Ardeer midweek (Barcelona) club and also won 1st club 10th federation from Berwick 106 miles and 6th club from Sedgefield flying 147 miles. His breeding is a fancier that has a great record in one loft racing, a Mr Ken Ambler a good friend of John and I'm sure there will be a lot more to come from this pigeon.

In and around Ayrshire clubs starting with the North Section:

Dalry HS 12 members 298 birds; A Barbour takes the top 3 doing 1326, 1324, & 1313.

Ardeer HS 14 members 245 birds; = J Donald 1378, J Simpson takes the next 2 on 1370, 1337.

Kilwinning HS 6 members 100 birds; 1st & 3rd J McNeil 1278 & 1269; In 3rd place is I Crossan on 1269.

Central Section:

Kilmarnock Invitation HS 80 birds; 1st is N Sinclair 1345, T Logan 1281, J Bunce 1281.

Crosshouse HS 84 birds; 1st is A McCullen 1284, N Sinclair 1276, 1255.

Darvel HS 4 members 93 birds; J & R Bryson takes the top 3 doing 1361, 1344, and 1333.

Irvine NHS 7 members 141 birds; 1st is A Connelly 1321, E Diamond 1351, H Pollock 1313.

South Section:

Mauchline & District 5 members 58 birds; 1st is Mr & Mrs Galloway 1285, E Stewart 1261, J Watters 1248

Cumnock & District 2 members 25 birds; 1st is J Caldwell takes the top 3 doing 1029, 761, 643

Carrick & District 4 members 75 birds; 1st is H I Gray 1273, 1197

Whitletts & District 77 birds; 1st is W Lawrence 1388, 1319, N Young 1271

Annbank & District 3 members 43 birds; 1st is J Mathieson 1327, D Paterson 1305, 1273

I would just like to say thanks to Colin Nicol, the hard working Ardeer secretary for the reports and photos for John Donald & John Simpson pigeons. I hope the above is ok for you Joe and it is good to join the ‘Joe Murphy Column’ yours Archie’.

Almond Valley Federation

Balerno club news from Colin Bain who has been doing a very good job in this task these past few years, he writes. ‘Hi Joe another season begins and we were at Stobs Camp on Saturday the 22nd of April with 11 members sending 170 birds. Liberated into a North West wind at 09-30 am 1st, 2nd & 4th is Colin Ross with 3 Staff Van Reets his winner was a chequer hen sitting on eggs she was doing a velocity of 1083 and is bred from stock he obtained from Colin Bain. The 2nd club winner is a blue hen doing a velocity of 1066 she was a late bred and is still carrying 3 nest flights her sire has 5 federation cards. The 4th club winner is a blue pied hen on a velocity of 1058 as a matter of interest Joe these 3 hens are all yearlings and were not raced as young birds. 3rd club was yours truly with a Staff Van Reet cock doing 1065 he was sitting 10 days on eggs and his nest mate has topped the Almond Valley federation. Balerno were at Otterburn on Saturday 29th April with 11 members sending 289 birds, these were liberated into a south east wind at 07-30 am. With the red card going to G & J Fairley with a 4 year old Staff Van Reet on a velocity of 1330 he was sent feeding a 7 day old young bird. 2nd place goes to Colin Ross with the same hen that won 2nd club last week and 3rd this week is Colin Bain with a Staff Van Reet cock flying spare he was doing 1246. Sorry about the delay on our 1st result Joe but I’ve just got my computer back on Friday best wishes to you and Kevin yours Colin’.

East Calder RPC news from Jimmy Young who writes ‘Hi Joe please find the enclosed last week’s federation result from Stobs Camp. I have attached this week’s result from Otterburn for East Calder with 5 members sending 208 birds. The winners are Freddie Jamieson & son partnership with a Herman Ceuster which Freddie purchased last year and they seem as though they are going to do the business. John Jamieson is 2nd & 3rd club with 2 birds bred in 2013.

Almond Valley Federation were at Stobs Camp on Saturday 22nd April with the convoy being liberated at 09-30 hours. Taking the top spot are Mr & Mrs Fleming of East Calder with a black hen for the. She will not pair up and the partnerships have tried her with numerous cocks in the loft but she just will not pair up and is flying spare. They got the parents from John Jamieson and the cock is out of a big winner from Bourges in Up North Combine and that is as much as they know. The next 6 federation open places are won by S Fleming of Armadale club; with T Gavin of the same club in 8th & 9th open places making up the top 10 is J Clark of Armadale.

Club winners;

Armadale 544 birds; 1st to 4th S Fleming

Balerno 170 birds; 1st & 2nd C Ross 3rd C Bain

Carnwath 140 birds; 1st & 3rd S McArdle; 2nd J Stokes

East Calder 101 birds; 1st Mr & Mrs Fleming; 2nd R Anderson; 3rd F Jamieson & son

Forth & Clyde 272 birds; 1st & 3rd Vic Couper; 2nd G Harris

West Calder 134 birds; 1st to 4th John Bird

My thanks to Jimmy Young for the results

East of Scotland Federation news from John Baillie with the federation race from Tow Law 2 with the birds being liberated at 08-45 hours into a south wind and a fast race was anticipated. The winning birds were as usual bang on time, but at the clocks a few birds were missing. Taking 1st, 2nd & 7th federation is yours truly John Baillie of Tranent. In 3rd & 5th positions we have Mr & Mrs Burgess of Ormiston, the sire of the 3rd open was purchased at the Prestonpans late bred sale in 2015 and was bred by the above named John Baillie. We have John Bird of Prestonpans in the 4th and 8th positions with Graham Wardhaugh of Dirleton in 6th open place. Davie Gillan of Tranent is in 9th spot and completing the top 10 is Keith Howie of Prestonpans.

Prestonpans Homing Club result has the 1st & 2nd places going to John Baillie the winner is a blue 2 year old cock who has previously won 3rd club 8th open federation from our 2nd race and now he tops the federation this week. As I have informed you already Joe he also won 50th open SNFC Ypres and was bred by Freddy Jamieson & son of East Calder. The yearling blue cock taking 2nd place is a Vandenabeele crossed Van Lint; this young cock flew the young bird national last year. John Bird takes the 3rd position with a yearling bred hen bred from a bird John bought at the Prestonpans young bird sale and was donated by J & A Alston. When John went to collect the young bird Jock said he would breed a mate for it and this is the parents of the yearling hen, the best of the west flying into the east.

Thanks once again for all you help Joe yours John B’.

Fife Federation

News from Gordon Turnbull who forwarded the opening race from Berwick with 1795 birds being liberated at 09-00 am into a light north west wind. Topping the federation with a velocity of 1161 is Tam Cook of Kennoway who is also 4th 6th and 7th open. Club mate Jock Scott is 2nd & 5th with another Kennoway member Sean Diamond in 3rd place and Brian Chalmers of the same club taking 8th 9th & 10th open. The East Section St Andrews sending 118 birds; Kennoway 175 birds; Methilhaven 95 birds; Tayport 48 birds and Leven 154 birds. The top 10 are the same as the above open winners.

Centre Section top 10; Glenrothes 154 birds; Novar 98 birds. 1st & 10th Mick McMurchie; 2nd 3rd 4th 5th & 9th Turpie & McCord with Brian Kinnear in 6th 7th & 8th positions.

West Section top 10; Lochgelly 188 birds; Crossgates 334 birds; Dunfermline 216 birds. Topping the section is R Cook of Crossgates with George Anderson of Perth in 2nd & 3rd places. Willie Pratt of the Crossgates club is 3rd with Frank Mitchell of Dunfermline club taking the next 3 places 5th 6th & 7th section Andy Ritchie of Dunfermline is 8th with Alistair McCudden of Crossgates club wins 9th spot and Jim Doig of Lochgelly club makes up the top 10.

My thanks to Gordon for the above result he thought I had been receiving this these past few years but he has obviously not read my column as I have not covered the federation for quite a while, so it is good to have it back. Unfortunately there is no federation result for Alnwick race as this has had to be invalid due to 7 baskets from the Crossgates club not being opened at the liberation. I’m assuming that once this was discovered the bulk of the convoy would already be in the air. Gordon has informed me that they will just be doing club results for this race.

Dunfermline LRPS news from David Kennedy who writes ‘We had 9 members sending 252 birds to our Alnwick race with Frank Mitchell continuing his good form by taking another clean sweep this week. The 1st bird with a velocity 1371.66 ypm was last week’s 1st club winner this being a 3 year old cock on roundabout, he is a grandson of the late Jock Trails 1st open Nantes when paired to 1st open Niort. The 2nd bird with a velocity 1371.46 ypm is a 2 year old late bred cock on roundabout bred from Jocky Kings national winning family of pigeons. The 3rd bird with the same velocity of 1371.46 ypm is a 3 year old roundabout late bred cock, again from Jocky Kings national winning family. Well done Frank great flying from all the members! This week’s nomination and 2 bird competition is won by Walker & David Kennedy Loft No1 cheers Joe and keep up the good work yours David’.

Glenrothes & Leslie RPC news from Rosie Armit who writes ‘Hi Joe, I hope you and Margaret are both well. Another season underway with the first race of the season from Berwick on Tweed which saw M McMurchie with the winner on a velocity of 1108 this was a 4 year old red cock on widowhood and was bred by Bruce McKenzie old Dundee Mealy lines. 2nd & 3rd are Turpie & McCord with velocities of 1097 and 1095 their first bird is a 3 year old blue cock sent feeding 16 day old young birds and looking at his hen his breeding is J Ellis crossed A Muir. The partners 2nd pigeon is a 2 year old blue also sent feeding 16 day old young birds and looking at hen. His sire won 2nd open SNFC Clermont in 2012 while his dam won 16th open in the same SNFC Clermont race; my thanks to Rosie for the above information.

Pentland Hills Federation

News from Andy Miller who writes ‘Hi Joe the Federation had 13 clubs sending 3530 birds to Tow Law (2) for our 3rd race of the season liberated at 08-45 hours into a south west wind. The winner is again, Willie Smith with the same 2 year old widowhood cock who won the previous week. He is bred from stock from the late Tam Young from Danderhall from his original Walters & Broadhurst Wildermeersch family. This bird is a brother to last year’s midweek yearling race winner from Peterborough. Willie is also 2nd federation with P Hutton & son of Edinburgh Premier in 3rd & 4th positions. Their club mate S Gilchrist is 5th with J Simpson of Loanhead club in 6th spot. J Neill of Bonnyrigg is 7th with D & J Allen of Woodburn taking the next two places and making up the top 10 is J Milne of Easthouses.

New Lothian RPC had 66 lofts sending 2014 birds to Tow Law (2) liberated into a south west wind Willie Smith pf Danderhall takes the first 2 places with last week’s winner lifting £460 for his efforts. Third place is won by S Gilchrist of Edinburgh Premier with J Neill of Bonnyrigg in 4th spot. The D & J Allen partnership of Woodburn are 5th & 6th with J Milne of Easthouses in 7th spot. The next 2 place are won by Jimmy Pryde of Easthouses with A McLaughlin of Edinburgh Premier makes up the top 10.

Club Winners are as follows;

Danderhall 658 birds; 1st & 2nd Smith 1751 & 1750 3rd Kinnear 1705

Edinburgh Premier 297 birds; 1st & 2nd Hutton 1740 & 1738 3rd Gilchrist 1737

Loanhead 256 birds; 1st 2nd & 3rd Simpson 1737 1626 & 1599

Bonnyrigg 254 birds; 1st Neill 1730 2nd J Dewar 1700 3rd A Dewar 1690

Woodburn 186 birds; 1st & 2nd Allen 1722 & 1721 3rd Lapinski 1682

Easthouses 504 birds; 1st Milne 1714.9 2nd & 3rd J Pryde 1714.4 & 1713

Castlebrae 123 birds; 1st McCormack & Fraser 1699 2nd & 3rd L Mitchell 1671 &1661

Sighthill 208 birds; 1st Bremner 1671 2nd Miller 1665 3rd Summers 1664

Edinburgh West 214 birds; 1st & 2nd Bennett 1653 & 1630 3rd Lamb 1620

Rosewell 135 birds;

Peebles 42 birds;

New Lothian 114 birds;

Traprain 486 birds;

Others 53 birds;

Lanarkshire Federation

News from Andrew Eadie who writes ‘Hi Joe just received the Lanarkshire federation result from our 3rd race of the season from Appleby. The 5835 convoy of birds were liberated at 10-45am into a south wind.

Cambusnethan & Morningside club had 26 members sending 767 birds winning 1st club 2nd section from an entry of 1365 birds and winning 12th open 5835 birds is T McSorley with a 3 year old pied hen doing a velocity of 1833. 2nd club 3rd section 13th open are John Lawrie & son of Clare Street with a 2 year old chequer hen doing 1832 raced on the roundabout and is a Beverdam Vandenabeele crossed Krugar. She came as ‘Flash’ past him onto the loft so he has now named her Flash. 3rd 4th & 5th club 4th 5th & 7th section 16th 17th & 29th open are the Eadie & Kelly partnership with their first bird a 4 old chequer cock doing 1825 he is named ‘Blackpool Donkey’ (see photo) This grand cock has now won over 11 federation positions and is breeding winners for fun. He is called the Blackpool Donkey as one week he is up with the winners and the following week he can be last. That concludes our 3rd race and ‘Well done’ to all the winners, next week we are at Ingleton Joe which is about the 150 mile mark to most lofts in the club, yours Andrew’.

North of Scotland Federation

George Duthie has forwarded the federation result to me. From Thornton on 29th April with 72 members sending 1877 birds liberated at 10-00 hours into a light south east wind in overcast conditions. Topping the federation and east section is J (Ian) Gibb of Fraserburgh & District with a 4 year old doing 1712 velocity? Club mate C McRae is 2nd 3rd & 4th open with G Findlay of Peterhead & District in 5th place A Wilson of Devern Valley is 1st west section 6th open with club mate G Wilson in 2nd section 7th open position. 6th east section 8th open is A W Buchan of Fraserburgh & district with club mate A Higgins in 7th section 9th open and G Findlay of Peterhead & District is 8th section 10th open.

East Section 31 members sent 990 birds; 1st J (Ian) Gibb of Fraserburgh & District; 2nd 3rd 4th C McRae of Fraserburgh & District. 5th G Findlay of Peterhead & District; 6th A W Buchan Fraserburgh & District; 7th A Higgins Fraserburgh & District; 8th G Findlay Peterhead & District 9th D Ward Fraserburgh West End 10th S Maskame Peterhead & District.

West Section 41 members sent 887 birds

1st section 6th open is A Wilson of Devern Valley with namesake G Wilson in 2nd section 7th open he flies in the same Devern Valley club. 3rd & 4th section 31st & 32nd open is A Milne also from Devern Valley club. 33rd & 39th open 5th & 10th section P Sherman of Devern Valley with 34th open and 6th section going to J Abel of the same club. 35th & 36th open 7th & 8th section is Fulton & Ritchie again of Devern Valley club with 37th open 9th section won by R Wilson of Keith. .

Club Winners;

Fraserburgh & District; winner is J (Ian) Gibb;

Peterhead & District; winner is G Findlay;

Devern Valley winner is A Wilson;

Fraserburgh West End winner is D Ward;

Keith winner is R Wilson;

Inverurie; winner is E & N Yule;

Elgin & District winner is G Geddes;

Buckie & District winner is G Russel;

Forres, Nairn & Inverness winner is S Taylor.

Good SNFC Birds

Last week I said this would be my last week highlighting these very good birds however I received an email from Billy Graham of Uddingston who wrote; ‘Hi Joe Thanks for the mention of my blue cock SU11L 8101, he certainly has covered the miles, as you say as 2 year old (2013) he won 70th section E from the inland national Newbury race then went to Ypres just missing the result. As a 3 year old (2014) he again had another inland national just missing the result and was then sent to the national Ancenis races flying 598 miles and again just missing the result. Then as you mention in 2015 and 2016 he won from the Ancenis race point, however he had also been to an inland national as his final preparation race before Ancenis. As you say hopefully he will be going for his SNFC Silver Award this year, the hardest bit is considering all the obstacles and hazards that the birds have to go through and negotiate before they get to the starting line. As a piece of interest Joe a loft mate to the blue cock is a blue hen SU12 4177 and like the blue cock 8101 she was at an inland national race then entered into the Ancenis race in (2014) missing the result on both occasions. In (2015) she again had an inland national as a preparation race before going to Ancenis and she achieved 14th section E 45th open, then in (2016) again another inland national as groundwork for the Ancenis race and she achieved 2nd section E 46th open. So Joe with some luck both birds will make the starting point and hopefully both will achieve their well-deserved Silver Awards. Thanking you for your kind words and all the best to you and Kevin for the 2017 season Yours Billy’. As you will have read above Billy’s pigeons had the inland national prior to going to the longest race in the SNFC calendar (which I knew nothing about). Hence the reason I ask for fanciers to inform me of these very good pigeon as ALL I’m trying to do is give them some publicity for their efforts. I search the SNFC results for birds who have previously won and I’m grateful to the club secretary Mary Pryde who kindly sends me a copy of the club’s year book to assist me in this pursuit. It is also surprising how many fanciers from outside of Scotland inform me that they enjoy this feature within my column. To Billy mentioned above my sincere thanks and I hope his birds do well in 2017.

Andrew Eadie Loft Managers

post-849-14945098928519_thumb.jpg

Blackpool Donkey

post-849-14945099745202_thumb.jpg

John Donald 2nd Fed

post-849-14945100039169_thumb.jpg

J Simpson 3rd Fed

post-849-14945099854961_thumb.jpg

Joe’s Joke

I suspect like most of us many of you will be fed up hearing about the General Election and I thought this little story was quite amusing regardless of which party you belong to. You can turn it around to suit yourself.

Recently, while I was working in the flower beds in the front garden, my neighbours stopped to chat as they returned home from walking their dog.

During our friendly conversation, I asked their little girl what she wanted to be when she grew up. She said she wanted to be Prime Minster someday.

Both of her parents, Conservative Party members, were standing there so I asked her, "If you were Prime Minster what would be the first thing you would do?" She replied... "I'd give food and houses to all the homeless people." Her parents beamed with pride! "Wow...what a worthy goal!" I said..."But you don't have to wait until you are Prime Minister to do that!" "What do you mean?" she replied.

So I told her, "You can come over to my house and cut the grass, pull weeds, and trim my hedge, and I'll pay you £50. Then you can go over to the grocery store where the homeless man hangs out, and you can give him the £50 to use toward food and a new house." She thought that over for a few seconds, then she looked me straight in the eye and asked, "Why doesn't the homeless guy come over and do the work, and you can just pay him the £50?" I said, "Welcome to the Labour Party." Her parents aren't speaking to me anymore.

Please continue to keep the news flowing; to Joe Murphy Mystical Rose Cottage 2 Flutorum Avenue Thornton by Kirkcaldy KY1 4BD or phone 01592 770331 or Email to joejmurphy1@gmail.com REMEMBER THE J IN THE MIDDLE or log onto www.elimarpigeons.com www.fancierchat.co.uk and www.pigeon-chat.co.uk also www.pigeonbasics.com Pigeon Racing the Basics who wish my weekly contribution portfolio on pigeon topics from Scotland.

© Compiled by Joe Murphy