Roof Sitters

How much is 28 grams in ounces ?

Mine are not eating a lot, today 34 birds have only had 28/30 ounces and are not flying as much as I would like. They are only doing 10 minutes or so with no oomph as they fly. My first channel race this week and have been trying to build them up adding maize and peanuts to the regular feed.

Usually on an ounce and a quarter over the day and they fly well for 20 minutes plus at am and pm exercise which I am happy with as they then have free time around the loft.

Having said that they are eating less than usual they are not responding to my calls when feeding in and are also landing on the house roof which I have tried to discourage and until this year has worked.

28gram = 1 ounce , atb

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have got 34 young birds that I want to race this year I had that problem they were sitting about on the roof pecking out the gutter so I cut the food back in the morning I give them 1 scoop which is roughly 250 grams that's after they fly

For about an hour I let them back out at night they fly for another hour then I feed them 2 scoops which is 500 grams so they are roughly getting 3 quarters of an ounce each I think I have found that in the morning I can put my hand out with food and they will eat out my hand does that mean I am not feeding enough the birds feel good and are flying well

Guest johnhunter

I have got 34 young birds that I want to race this year I had that problem they were sitting about on the roof pecking out the gutter so I cut the food back in the morning I give them 1 scoop which is roughly 250 grams that's after they fly

For about an hour I let them back out at night they fly for another hour then I feed them 2 scoops which is 500 grams so they are roughly getting 3 quarters of an ounce each I think I have found that in the morning I can put my hand out with food and they will eat out my hand does that mean I am not feeding enough the birds feel good and are flying well

erbar give them another scoop

Guest johnhunter

That's 1 of my pigeons there do yous think it looks healthy enough

I have seen worse going into baskets on race marking nights

Guest johnhunter

Because of the ring it was that wee at a week old I put the ring over its head you just cany see it for the feather

you would be better sticking its head in the ringer lol

Guest johnhunter

John that's the first photo of a pigeon that's been put on the basics and it's no been a cracker

I get your point erbar,you have got to be in the cleak lol

John you are spot on if your no quoted your stoated no 1 c--t got back to me you must need to really give the a--- a good lick then your in

And here was me thinking it was a serious thread from a guy needing help?

Everyone to their own

If I have a bird that wont come in it gets shut out for the night

When I let it in next day it does not get fed

let it back out at night with others it should then respond immediately when called

If not Bin

Pigeons that have bad habit teach others the same bad habit

But the biggest bad habit is fanciers allowing it to happen

Spot on Mick all persistent offenders go in our loft no matter what they are bred off pal