How Doos Get Home

Guest johnhunter

Guest johnhunter

IN THE RECORD THIS MORNING.PIGEONS TELL EACH OTHER HOW TO GET HOME BY SHOWING THEM THE WAY, A STUDY HAS REVEALED. OXFORD UNIVERCITY SCIENTISTS BELIEVE THE BIRDS PASS ONDIRECTIONS TO THEIR OFFSPRING AND TO OTHER ADULTS. TAKAO SASAKI, WHO WORKED ON THE STUDY, SAID AT ONE STAGE SCIENTISTS THOUGHT ONLY HUMANS HAD THE CAPACITY TO ACCUMULATE KNOWLEDGE AS A SOCIETY. OUR STUDY SHOWS THAT PIGEONS SHARE THESE ABILITIES WITH HUMANS, AT LEAST TO SOME EXTENT . SO PETER PANDY GET YOUR PIGEONS TO START TALKING TO EACH OTHER LOL

Don't know about them talking to each other lol??? but I remember talking to a well known west section distance fancier about channel racing. He reckoned the older experienced pigeons that had flown the race before,showed the younger ones how and where to cross the channel. This knowledge was then passed down the following years to younger pigeons, and so on... He said, for this reason, it is very important for the organisations to keep the same race points. Definitely food for thought.

Remember Bilco writing up that when he moved house his broken birds, and then his youngster, were hitting wires around the house.

A fancier told him that the youngsters would breed youngster to know where the wires were NOW that they had learn. Said from the second generation onwards he never had another problem.

I do believe that most trates are inherited, for example if you breed from birds that's parents, grandparents rights back all actually trained and raced, then this trate will be strong in the offspring, but if you bred from parents who lived under a bridge as did several generation of there ancestors, even if they did at one time race, I think the racing trate will be weak in the offspring. I do believe that young birds inherit the experiences of there ancestors.

This has often been mentioned before and not just with pigeons. Most livestock breeders will agree with inherited "knowledge". Environmental knowledge is also factual. My foster kids develop more of our traits, losing those of their natural family, the longer they live with us. Never a complete change, but a subtle one.