Roundabout System.

BANDIT

The reason im asking is when mine were paired and rearing ybs they flew min 40 plus minutes twice a day...now lucky to get 15 minutes or less.

Sounds about right......ml this year mine are doing 40 to 50 mins but that's unusual.....the differance perhaps this year is I am feeling in troughs and removing after they have had their fill rather than individual box feeding

Feeding to fly round about is something hard to get right for them to exirsise af found give a light feed 1 hour before you let them out they fly better i was getting 1hour easy cocks & hens onest a day but onest they have had a race or been pout into a basket it takes a couple of days to get them into there system again

Feeding to fly round about is something hard to get right for them to exirsise af found give a light feed 1 hour before you let them out they fly better i was getting 1hour easy cocks & hens onest a day but onest they have had a race or been pout into a basket it takes a couple of days to get them into there system again

Yeah Tam really Wednesday before I get any proper work out of them tbh

Cocks have been flying for an hour and 20 mins but only because a peregrine was here soon after they went out and a sparrowhawk had a go at them as they came in to land. They have now fcukd off and who could blame them.

Normally mine will fly for 20-25 mins in a batch then land a start striking of in ones and twos and I leave them doing that for half an hour. Hens have been hit or miss (more miss than hit).

I fly cocks and hens to there own section so not really roundabout

My hens flew for 1 hr 5 mins this morning the cocks 40 mins then down and after 15 mins they went for 30 mins more

I think the hens will fly more once the weather warms up

Yesterday they flew around 40 mins each

I fly cocks and hens to there own section so not really roundabout

My hens flew for 1 hr 5 mins this morning the cocks 40 mins then down and after 15 mins they went for 30 mins more

I think the hens will fly more once the weather warms up

AM no sure you want them to be flying more

Anywhere between 25 minutes and one hour twice a day - it probably averages out at 40 to 45 minutes twice a day

The problems we're having at the moment are the inconsistency of the cocks - and considering racing hens only

First race (55 miles) 5 hens home before we got one cock

Second race - 9 hens home before we got one cock

Does anybody race cocks and hens on alternate weeks? So that the opposite sex is waiting at home

We have 6 spare hens - so they have no boxes to race to - and so far these have performed the best of all of them! Thrown in with 3 x 12 year old cocks retired from the stock loft for 10 minutes before basketing. The hens have never been paired up before

Does any of the fanciers roundabout birds just fly for 15 to 20 minutes or less twice a day and win..

I think mine would if I let them out twice a day when the races get longer but I prefer to have them out just once a day I don't always let them out on a Monday and never on a Sunday

Does any of the fanciers roundabout birds just fly for 15 to 20 minutes or less twice a day and win..

Mine do 15 mins at most (cocks) out once a day but up and down for a couple of hours open hole.fed in midday.Won 2 firsts 2 secs.and a 3 rd.(3 races this year).Hens going a lot better at home, will see the first race for them this coming weekend. Cocks only ever see hens on return from a race.Hens trap to own loft all week and cock loft race days.(Lofts are side by side)