2010 rings

Guest spin cycle

not worth the hassle if you buy them need to register them as foreign rings if the birds were lost no way of getting them back and a lot of them arenot legal rings they are fakes

Guest spin cycle
Just wondering----Why would a flyer NOT want to use rings issused by his club/FED?????

Buy on e-bay -- pay for shipping----they must have Money to burn.

OR maybe they want to Scam someone ----sell "import"  pigeons???

perhaps its collectors bidding on them. it would be a laugh down the club to have some saudi rings....i just saw them and wondered if it was possible to use them (providing they're genuine)  :)

Guest beautyhomer
yeah they are not in english

Yes they are in English.The ring cards look genuine to me.I have from 1995 to 2009.I have been promised 2010 direct from Saudi Arabia so will know when I get them.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest REDFOXKRAUTHS

the rings are real, its just some countries issue there rings at different times of year to coinside with the right time of year to race, there are some contries that have several different rings within it as we do NWHU,NEHU,GB etc etc. I did tell the sellers of foriegn 2010 rings the shouldnt be selling them early as some one could put them on young birds and have the flying before any 1 else. Some countries have there ring cards in english such as Saudi Arabia rather than Arabic! you can use the saudi rings , but not the KLPR or CTRPA as these are 100% plastic and banned in the UK.

Some people use foriegn rings for a laugh down the club, but its agreed its getting out of hand!

It seems that people buy foreign rings to use on GB bred pigeons to gain an advantage with older pigeons for young bird racing.

My question is how are these foreign rings treated as far as importation/quarantine rules apply.

Who checks that these "importations" are legal ? Is it RPRA or MAFF or most likely NO ONE, bearing in mind that pigeons MUST be rung in their country of origin it seems that the rules are ignored by anyone who wants break them and sadly by the people who are supposed to enforce them.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm sure it's against RPRA rules to ring a bird with a foreign ring if it’s born in this country. With that said, if you have the ring card. They can't possibly know. Also, it's just a ring. So who cares if someone is racing a bird with a foreign ring on it (if it’s a genuine one of course) even if it wasn’t born in the UK.

It’s the pigeon that does all the work, not the ring.