Just Arrived

Kojak

Why would you not give it a chance ? It's survived out there and we know it's a tough place to be for our birds, As for the ones who recommend bin/bucket, I think you should be banned from keeping livestock as you give a stereotype image of pigeon men/women

Why would you not give it a chance ? It's survived out there and we know it's a tough place to be for our birds, As for the ones who recommend bin/bucket, I think you should be banned from keeping livestock as you give a stereotype image of pigeon men/women

Wasn't aware there was stereotypical pigeon men/women.......next time somebody asks for an opinion I will run my view past you or somebody else that are the true embodiment of pigeon men.....no just us guys that have kept them all our lives and thought it was about racing them

Wasn't aware there was stereotypical pigeon men/women.......next time somebody asks for an opinion I will run my view past you or somebody else that are the true embodiment of pigeon men.....no just us guys that have kept them all our lives and thought it was about racing them

dal it's not a personal attack on you, I know you and your family have had the birds for years as I have myself, but here's my scenario, This youngster was tossed miles from home on a dodgy day by the sound of it, It's one aim is to get home, for whatever reason it failed, I guess we'll never know why but it has persevered and 9/10 months later it's made it, whoopee and you put it in the bin, I have more respect for mine and am still of the opinion that those that don't shouldn't have them

dal it's not a personal attack on you, I know you and your family have had the birds for years as I have myself, but here's my scenario, This youngster was tossed miles from home on a dodgy day by the sound of it, It's one aim is to get home, for whatever reason it failed, I guess we'll never know why but it has persevered and 9/10 months later it's made it, whoopee and you put it in the bin, I have more respect for mine and am still of the opinion that those that don't shouldn't have them

Maybe Bill......but from a racing point of view this wee bird has a very slim chance of becoming what the owner would like.....sport or hobby.....the age old question

I am inclined to agree ,Dal am sure you have lost yer way now and again in yer life i know i have,hardly thought i not the bucket LOL

Maybe Bill......but from a racing point of view this wee bird has a very slim chance of becoming what the owner would like.....sport or hobby.....the age old question

I'm sure the most successful racers are ruthless dal but as you say that's the decision we all have to make, Good Luck Mate

This is interesting enough I would be glad if Bill would be prepared to describe what he thinks the public believes a stereotypical pigeon fancier to be because in my experience pigeon men and women come from all sorts of backgrounds and are of many different views and opinions.

what if the youngster had gone in to another loft while training, as it wasn't good enough to get home and the new loft owner took a fancy to it and 8 month later he started to train it and it passes the old loft ,, and says a me old home and drops in as its the easy option ,, could be a number of things ,, the basket will tell the truth imo

This is interesting enough I would be glad if Bill would be prepared to describe what he thinks the public believes a stereotypical pigeon fancier to be because in my experience pigeon men and women come from all sorts of backgrounds and are of many different views and opinions.

Walter my view is that a lot of the general public don't report lost birds as we all bin them on return, now that is a sad reflection