Ybs Survey

Ian McKay

Survey results on YBs, reason and questions

Conclusion

No survey is proof positive on anything it is just an indication of the participants views used to inform others that something might be beneficial

Critics

After reading the questions asked I would like to ask the writers:

What have you done to help with this problem?

Have you seen the stats and evidence on all the products you buy?

Have you seen the stats and evidence for the illegal vaccines you are using?

Testing using friends and trialists who get it free says nothing to me!

What other survey have you seen that has published all its results? And asked trialists in advance to publish their results when it suits them without being checked and verified first?

Future

So you would prefer no survey or trials unless you get scientific proof? Sorry it's not going to happen.

Permitherin

Scientific proof for Permitherin is available

See this link

http://www.inchem.org/documents/ehc/ehc/ehc94.htm#SubSectionNumber:1.1.1

Vaccination

I see vaccination is being questioned I know for a FACT some who have vaccinated properly and some who do not vaccinate are in the same boat.

Under counter products

Have you ever thought how much damage your illegal vaccines and antibiotics are doing to your birds year after year?

Future help

What other company or individual is helping with this problem unless they are making and selling a cure which does not come with a guarantee? Except you will not get your money back!!

Survey reason

Let’s be honest about this; the survey was started with my quest to find out why some get it and some don’t, nothing more and nothing less.

Everyone that has chosen to take part did so willingly.

Everyone has paid for the product all the same price (some more) depending where they got it but no one has been induced to give good feed back with freebies or any other incentive i.e. (pals, friends, mates, relations)

I am NOT producing a Miracle prevention. The product has been on the market for years. I have just brought it to your attention.

It is a tried and tested product approved by WHO (World Health Organization)

I am a pigeon fancier trying to find help for our birds but if you can do better please feel free to try, let us see your info and results and testing.

Testing

Laboratory testing costs are expensive.

Field testing costs are horrendous and will NEVER be done for pigeons so if that is what you are looking for you’re NOT going to see it.

Why would we need this Laboratory testing done? It is a proven product since the early 70's and approved for use against insects (if this is the cause?)

The 2017 trialists will soon give us an answer.

The proof of the pudding is in the eating.

Results

Results by people most of whom I do not know

Thanks to all who are willing to try something to help our birds. The cost involved won’t break the bank but might!! just might help.

Reasons given

Stress, Basketing, Transporters, Dogs, Kids, BOP, washing on the line on race day and all the other excuses are NOT the problem.

Why do we have street pigeons living in our cities? Surely they would be subject to more stress than our birds. Why are wild birds not affected by this entire stress scenario?

I know of other birds that suffer stress (Budgies, Pheasants) when caged or caught and if it occurs they usually die very quickly with no other signs.

My theory

Laziness and ignorance.

Useless info

Doing nothing but criticizing them that are trying to help does nothing.

Doing the same thing time and time again will NEVER give you a different result.

Mouthing off about never having it and doing nothing will not protect you.

2017 results

I look forward to the next few months to see what the trialists have to say.

The survey is Open, Transparent and above board also OPEN to all, so don’t see what all the criticism is about.

Why not join in and try to help yourself and others find an answer to this problem then we might !! just might see our transporters with increased birdage and getting better returns, making more money for the Fed / Clubs and maybe reduced cost to us?

Ian McKay

“Kingsleaâ€

Kingswells

Aberdeen

AB15 8SL

Tel: 01224 741028

I congratulate you on your efforts Ian and after reading your initial posts I checked what was in my disinfectant spray and found it was permithern based. I spray the loft with it twice a year but still get YBS.....perhaps I am not using it correctly or not enough. I do take issue WITH YOUR THEORY ' laziness and ignorance isn't causing my YBS

"You can lead a horse to water, but you cannot make it drink"

This may be a solution or it may just be stinking water, but those that try it and publish their results will be the ones that give a better indication than the one we already have.

If the results are good, more may drink; if not, then those who tried to drink, will spit it out. :)

Personally I, as many will have read such posts via me, believe that incest breeding has hammer the immunities and constitution.

Whilst many are only to happy to BUY such birds and then carry on doing as such, then this problem will only get worse.

Indeed if very many stopped and thought about 'Incest Breeding' AND why it is done, then that alone would curb - in my view - tremendously our plight.

Inbred should only be done once, at most and if at all!

Yeah we see off spring winning 'Paper Bag' races....

The simple fact and reality, regardless for whatever reason one chooses not to believe is the fact that past pigeons were far superior to those to day in constitution and immunity.

Further I believe that Ian's post spouts a lot of truth ... plus I think many of us ought to look in the mirror for answers. Too many are only too happy to knock what they don't like or can accept. That is their choice, but that in it's self doesn't give them to right to knock willy - nilly what they don't like ... because, mainly it doesn't suit them.

I congratulate you on your efforts Ian and after reading your initial posts I checked what was in my disinfectant spray and found it was permithern based. I spray the loft with it twice a year but still get YBS.....perhaps I am not using it correctly or not enough. I do take issue WITH YOUR THEORY ' laziness and ignorance isn't causing my YBS

At least you are trying something Steven my comments are aimed at those who do NOTHING but blame everyone & everything else

PM me what you are using

IMO not that it will stand for much is you will be coming up with,and arguing about all differing theories from noww until doomsday and why get worked up about some illness you may or may not be troubled with is a waste of time ,by the way i had it 2014 or was it 2013 but any way it was dealt with.

Well done Ian as you say!! Who else is trying to get to the bottom of YBS.... Only those that are getting a financial gain im afraid. I have told you before and going to tell you again!! Your a Credit to the Sport

Well done Ian as you say!! Who else is trying to get to the bottom of YBS.... Only those that are getting a financial gain im afraid. I have told you before and going to tell you again!! Your a Credit to the Sport

well said Ronnie at least Ian is trying to do some thing to help the guys who get it it don't effect me as I don't get it maybe I,m just lucky

Guest mambo

My take on ybs is, soiled areas, left to long in the shed,and getting trampled on, where as wild birds move about, and not standing on soiled area, as much. And the fact it can be cured within 3 days while clean up, tells me were it has came about,yes it can come from birds raced or tossed, I would say its a form of salmonella and a starvation would rid it, then multi vits a clean loft while racing would help a lot of people more

My take on ybs is, soiled areas, left to long in the shed,and getting trampled on, where as wild birds move about, and not standing on soiled area, as much. And the fact it can be cured within 3 days while clean up, tells me were it has came about,yes it can come from birds raced or tossed, I would say its a form of salmonella and a starvation would rid it, then multi vits a clean loft while racing would help a lot of people more

Not too sure on that one mate,my lofts are at the back door,being retired I have plenty time to spend with the young birds,every time I go in the loft I pick the scraper up,no damp patches on the floor or perches drinkers spotless etc.YBS every season and never cleared it in three or four days as some say is posible ? I'm going down the other road this season,loft granules,thick taken off as and when required,perches cleaned twice a day ? See what happens

• 10 months later...