Are You Ready ?

andy Burgess

Far to early for me to even consider racing at this time. The pigeons are not even loft fit and this current weather doesn't help matters. Luckily my season doesn't start until May, so I've plenty time yet. The hawks should be on the nest by the time I start training, loft fitness, well that may be a different matter. :)

All ready and cant wait to get going. Cocks and hens all homed to new loft, both doing just over an hour around the loft, cocks twice a day, and trapping great. Not going to go overboard with training this year, few from 8 mile then few from 20 mile and that will do them. Think I would rather give them a chance in race basket rather than the training basket.

Well behind this season,seem to have spent most of my time at doctors or hospital,(been there most of today),managed to get young birds moved off the race birds,but old birds not parted yet,would usually have had four or five tosses by now,have had none,snowed on and off most of today and seriously cold,wind now in the NE so we are in for a week or so of cold air.

The seasons have changed compared to years ago and racing starts at least three week too soon.But who am I ?

Youngsters all away in young bird shed 34 in total ,cocks and hens vaccinated and seperated all this in last 3 days Oh yes young vaccinated to and all wormed the day,just a matter of gettin them fit and going ,never been so well orginised as this year (famous last words ).

Youngsters all away in young bird shed 34 in total ,cocks and hens vaccinated and seperated all this in last 3 days Oh yes young vaccinated to and all wormed the day,just a matter of gettin them fit and going ,never been so well orginised as this year (famous last words ).

Isn't that a bit late for vaccinating birds?

Ours all had to be done and vaccination forms into secretary's by March 1st (Old birds)

Isn't that a bit late for vaccinating birds?

Ours all had to be done and vaccination forms into secretary's by March 1st (Old birds)

Is there a hard and fast rule like if there is i didnt know we have first race on 22nd of April so plenty time ,our vaccination tickets are usualy collected first race .

The sleet and wind factor today would have taken the face of an Eskimo never mind a wee doo

Agree with Lindsay the seasons have changed ,but we still pack in three races in April

Sure the race controllers convoyers etc will be the scape goats

Nothing to do with snow covered hills and air temp early mornings struggling in single figures

Some People refer to us as pigeon fanciers :emoticon-0138-thinking:

Still expect to take the first ten as their bouncing :emoticon-0136-giggle:

The sleet and wind factor today would have taken the face of an Eskimo never mind a wee doo

Agree with Lindsay the seasons have changed ,but we still pack in three races in April

Sure the race controllers convoyers etc will be the scape goats

Nothing to do with snow covered hills and air temp early mornings struggling in single figures

Some People refer to us as pigeon fanciers :emoticon-0138-thinking:

Still expect to take the first ten as their bouncing :emoticon-0136-giggle:

The clubroom is looking great......you can get yer photo taken nae bother in there when you take the first 10 mate

The clubroom is looking great......you can get yer photo taken nae bother in there when you take the first 10 mate

Going to Wedding week before will keep tartan gear on specially for the occasion

Are you up at lorry park for last blowout before season commences

My Baby's are just coming out of the nest there parents making them come off the nest to be feed, as the hens are about to lay there 2nd round of eggs, once the hens have layed I will take the hens away & let the cocks finish feeding them. Our 1st Fed race is the 15th April But I started training lasts week when we had 4 good weather days, We are plagued by Peregrines & Sparrow hawks here on the south coast. I have only to race 7 of them are spare hens, I will race Cocks & Hens. I will send all hens to the 1st club race.

Well that's my plan. :emoticon-0179-headbang: