Extreme Distance Pigeons

Guest Old Timer

Guest Old Timer

It's always been a dream/ambition to eventually race at the Extreme Distance 500 plus miles would be interested to know if any fanciers on the Forum race 500 to 700 plus miles or race any of the named fanciers who have achieved superb results from the likes of Pau/Tarbes, San Sebastian, Barcelona if anyone race pigeons from Woolliss, Denney, Nicholson i would like to hear your experiences thanks for your time cheers

It's always been a dream/ambition to eventually race at the Extreme Distance 500 plus miles would be interested to know if any fanciers on the Forum race 500 to 700 plus miles or race any of the named fanciers who have achieved superb results from the likes of Pau/Tarbes, San Sebastian, Barcelona if anyone race pigeons from Woolliss, Denney, Nicholson i would like to hear your experiences thanks for your time cheers

My dad built a team of good doos from birds from Brian denney including our national winner and we both felt like they are really hardy birds

if your intrested in distance pigeons have a look at paul swindell in ireland

he is hoping to fly the barcelona international its 1000miles to him,

Guest Old Timer

My dad built a team of good doos from birds from Brian denney including our national winner and we both felt like they are really hardy birds

That's great very well done....hopefully i will purchase a few youngsters or latebreds and start to build a distance family for the future....that's the plan thanks for your reply and best of luck Bob

Guest Old Timer

if your intrested in distance pigeons have a look at paul swindell in ireland

he is hoping to fly the barcelona international its 1000miles to him,

That's some distance and from arguably the hardest route having to cross 2 seas into Ireland hope he does it.

I don't know if Paul Swindell advertises youngsters for sale or the cost of shipping from Ireland

Thanks for your reply and best of luck for the coming season cheers Bob

That's some distance and from arguably the hardest route having to cross 2 seas into Ireland hope he does it.

I don't know if Paul Swindell advertises youngsters for sale or the cost of shipping from Ireland

Thanks for your reply and best of luck for the coming season cheers Bob

Yes Paul sells youngsters but I'm not sure if he advertises.

Have a look at this fancier, his birds are flying Barcelona with the BICC http://www.elimarpigeons.com/images/MusgroveAddiction.jpg

This top class long distance racer was bred and raced by Nick Harvey of Taunton. Bred in 2010, she won 1st club Salisbury 57 miles as a young bird showing that she has a full set of gears and is not a one paced slogger by any means.

As a yearling she was put over the channel four times with races from Carentan, Messac, Poitiers and Marmande [474 miles]. The two year old stage of her racing career saw Addiction entered in three preparatory races from Carentan, Messac and Niort before having her first tilt at Barcelona at 710 miles where she homed fourth bird to the loft to take 9th section 46th Open BBC.

The 2013 season saw Addiction, now a well experienced three year old, winning 1st club in her first outing of the season in a race of just 31 miles. She was then given a second club race at 57 miles before crossing the channel with the BBC for a race from Messac and then on to Niort, again with the BBC. This proved to be a stern test for the entrants with many failing to return on the day of liberation. Addiction didn't home until the fifth day after liberation but didn't seem to have suffered any ill effects and so was packed off to the Catalan capital sitting two day old eggs, for her second tilt at Barcelona. She arrived home on a swelteringly hot Sunday afternoon to take 2nd section 11th Open and so maintained her record of being placed on the result in both her attempts at Barcelona - no mean feat.

THE BREEDING OF A LONG DISTANCE PIGEON

The pedigree of this exceptional hen shows a very strong influence of the 800 mile strain developed by Jim Emerton of Holtby, near York. This family was a combination of bloodlines from Descamps Van Hasten [stichelbaut] and Emiel Denys with a soupcon of Jim Donaldson's Scottish long distance family thrown into the melting pot for good measure.

SIRE OF MUSGROVE ADDICTION

GB 09 N 44454 bred for stock and purchased from Sid Barkel. His Sire was GB 03 N 06304 bred by Jim Emerton which was a son of Barcelona Dream, 13th Open Barcelona 879 miles [longest flying pigeon in the International race of 20,536 birds] and GB 99 N 01708 Grizzle Hen bred from Dark Enchantment [9th & 30th Sect K Pau 735 miles and flown Barcelona 879 miles] and a son of Jim Donaldson's foundation stock cock Circus Boy when he was paired to 1st Open SNFC Sartilly 605 miles. Dam of GB 09N44454 was Red Hen GB 99 N 01727 a daughter of Dark Enchantment when mated to another son of Circus Boy. This son of Circus Boy was bred from Circus Boy when he was mated to a daughter of the famous Dall Cock [bred by Dennis Dall] and Rennes Lass one of Jim Donaldson's top long distance racers.

Guest Old Timer

I remember the name Jim Donaldson his record at the distance was phenomenal....so many fantastic flyers about and the SNFC without doubt boasts some of the very best fanciers in the Country thanks to everyone who has replied cheers Bob

Have a look at this fancier, his birds are flying Barcelona with the BICC http://www.elimarpigeons.com/images/MusgroveAddiction.jpg

This top class long distance racer was bred and raced by Nick Harvey of Taunton. Bred in 2010, she won 1st club Salisbury 57 miles as a young bird showing that she has a full set of gears and is not a one paced slogger by any means.

As a yearling she was put over the channel four times with races from Carentan, Messac, Poitiers and Marmande [474 miles]. The two year old stage of her racing career saw Addiction entered in three preparatory races from Carentan, Messac and Niort before having her first tilt at Barcelona at 710 miles where she homed fourth bird to the loft to take 9th section 46th Open BBC.

The 2013 season saw Addiction, now a well experienced three year old, winning 1st club in her first outing of the season in a race of just 31 miles. She was then given a second club race at 57 miles before crossing the channel with the BBC for a race from Messac and then on to Niort, again with the BBC. This proved to be a stern test for the entrants with many failing to return on the day of liberation. Addiction didn't home until the fifth day after liberation but didn't seem to have suffered any ill effects and so was packed off to the Catalan capital sitting two day old eggs, for her second tilt at Barcelona. She arrived home on a swelteringly hot Sunday afternoon to take 2nd section 11th Open and so maintained her record of being placed on the result in both her attempts at Barcelona - no mean feat.

THE BREEDING OF A LONG DISTANCE PIGEON

The pedigree of this exceptional hen shows a very strong influence of the 800 mile strain developed by Jim Emerton of Holtby, near York. This family was a combination of bloodlines from Descamps Van Hasten [stichelbaut] and Emiel Denys with a soupcon of Jim Donaldson's Scottish long distance family thrown into the melting pot for good measure.

SIRE OF MUSGROVE ADDICTION

GB 09 N 44454 bred for stock and purchased from Sid Barkel. His Sire was GB 03 N 06304 bred by Jim Emerton which was a son of Barcelona Dream, 13th Open Barcelona 879 miles [longest flying pigeon in the International race of 20,536 birds] and GB 99 N 01708 Grizzle Hen bred from Dark Enchantment [9th & 30th Sect K Pau 735 miles and flown Barcelona 879 miles] and a son of Jim Donaldson's foundation stock cock Circus Boy when he was paired to 1st Open SNFC Sartilly 605 miles. Dam of GB 09N44454 was Red Hen GB 99 N 01727 a daughter of Dark Enchantment when mated to another son of Circus Boy. This son of Circus Boy was bred from Circus Boy when he was mated to a daughter of the famous Dall Cock [bred by Dennis Dall] and Rennes Lass one of Jim Donaldson's top long distance racers.

Thankyou for your reply brilliant flying

Guest Old Timer

Who u thinks the best?

Thankyou for your reply and I agree some superb flyers in the SNFC

Some top top Scottish distance men on this Forum.. you'll not find much better

Aye i agree i will have to try contacting some i have been messaged and got in touch with someone thanks for your reply Cheers Bob

Guest Old Timer

Winning at 300 to 400 is the dogs nads

It's great to win any race....but fantastic watching them drop after a long hard race, i have never won across the water but won every inland race point some several times but all my fondest memories are watching them drop from the Channel one favourite was timing in at 9.40pm from 396 miles in near darkness to take 3rd Club and taking 5th club from Nevers 476 miles a disaster i was 5th and 8th with only about 15 pigeons making it home in race time also timing in from Fraserburgh 309 miles taking 3rd club in heavy rain plus quite a few others just got to get a first place now from the Channel to cap off some memorable times