Google - Chrome

What a nightmare it has been the last couple of weeks - it just keeps hanging or 'Not responding'

I've uninstalled and reinstalled and for one day seemed to be OK - but back with a vengeance and barely got two minutes out of it before it was unresponsive yet again

I've had to go through microsoft and 'bing' which I'm not keen on

Any idea - or does anyone know what the problem is? I'm on Windows 10 if that is any help

Havn,t used Google Chrome for months now ever since they said they would not be supporting Vista which I have,been using Mozilla Firefox with no problems.Could this be yet another problem that people with Windows 10 are experiencing as there seems to be so many.

I'm on 10 Sue,two laptops and a tower,no problem with chrome ? One problem with a laptop,I believe it's a Toshiba issue,the charge icon show fully charged in one minute when there's at least 80% to go,fortunately it still charges up to 100%.Firefox is a good option but I'm not too keen,see (Google)chrome and bing have advised everyone that they are playing big brother !!> There is another option.

What a nightmare it has been the last couple of weeks - it just keeps hanging or 'Not responding'

I've uninstalled and reinstalled and for one day seemed to be OK - but back with a vengeance and barely got two minutes out of it before it was unresponsive yet again

Any idea - or does anyone know what the problem is? I'm on Windows 10 if that is any help

I've been having the same problem with Mozilla firefox, having done same things as yourself have given up and just use when I can get on

My other half has Windows 7 and Google using his laptop and using wifi and doesn't seem to have a problem. We both have Macafee provided free from internet provider. And kyleakin lofts - it could be that, so I might just do the same - bing has just crashed as well!I can use internet on tablet and phone without a problem - it's just not as easy to hit the keys!

My other half has Windows 7 and Google using his laptop and using wifi and doesn't seem to have a problem. We both have Macafee provided free from internet provider. And kyleakin lofts - it could be that, so I might just do the same - bing has just crashed as well!I can use internet on tablet and phone without a problem - it's just not as easy to hit the keys!

My McAfee came via BT. It worked Ok for a while then started to act up. I used to use McAfee years ago, but went off it and was dedicated to Norton for many years. I changed back to McAfee simply because it was free. Now I remember why I went off it. :)

I was having a bother with Chrome, but eventually decided it was the internet in general and my protection programme in particular. I have uninstalled it and currently only have Windows Defender on. The problem has disappeared. :)

Might have hit the nail on the head there Andy,I'm using Bullguard Internet security ?

PS.Never liked McAfee and Norton

I had the same problem for about 5 weeks, I'm on Openreach (BT)using Windows 8 and McAfee, my lad re-installed Google Chrome which didn't make much difference , I cleared all my temporary files, still no joy and then last Saturday I used the Google clean up tool and (touch wood) to date it has run fine. https://www.google.com/chrome/cleanup-tool/

I had the same problem for about 5 weeks, I'm on Openreach (BT)using Windows 8 and McAfee, my lad re-installed Google Chrome which didn't make much difference , I cleared all my temporary files, still no joy and then last Saturday I used the Google clean up tool and (touch wood) to date it has run fine. https://www.google.com/chrome/cleanup-tool/

Thanks - I've given it a go!

• 5 months later...