Intensity, Integrity And Intelligance Blog.

Wiley

Hi mate

Yes will be raced and trained south all year and then sent to a North Road race

Next Thursday will see me and Dad visiting Mark Bulleds loft to hopefully learn about how his transition was from north to south, and to see his fantastic family of birds

That should be good, I can't think of a better fancier than Mark

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 376
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With the blue pied from mark turning out a cock bird, the breeding plans had to take a slight change. He is now getting paired up to After Eight, as her first round she was paired with her grandsire. The son of Rainy Day Boy was paired to a full sister of the Blue Pied from Mark, that I picked up while visiting him, which I thank him for. This will give me an option of creating some sort of family of plans and results go well.

The racers are out most days weather permitting and are really putting in an effort most days flying a good 50 minutes to an hour. With the first races looming around 7th April touch wood they’ll be fit enough to train early March. Once all there young birds are weaned it will be back onto the 100% barley until the first race.

I have this year three spare cocks that I am trying something different with feeding wise. These were put into the yb section with the pipo boxes and were put in with a number of hens to chose a mate. When the first hen laid from all three pairs regardless of what position the others two were in. After 10 days sitting they all were split. These three cocks were then moved to the corridor of the widowhood section and three saddle perches were put up. They’ll be kept here until every Friday where they will move to the yb section for motivation with a number of hens to do as they please. My idea of racing these cocks is to have barley infront of them at all times also. Slightly different to how I feed normal racers. I am contemplating on racing the three pigeons on 100 barley for the first three races of there season. Especially as the distances are only 55miles 65 miles and 105 miles. These will be raced on the south. I may change this idea after reading a Steven van Bremen article on peanuts however and quiet possibly may give them as much as the require of peanuts possibly on a Thursday night, and Friday morning. It’s something I’m toying with.

post-607-15182095600193_thumb.jpeg

While the birds where out today which they flew really well I must add London had real nice day today and the birds had an extra zip in there stride it seemed, myself and Dad had a chat and we’ll be racing young birds this year 100% south road, but still stick with the plan of playing with a few old birds on the south and the north. In a partnership it’s about the compromise. Having the birds on the one route will make life easier so look forward to the new challenges south road will throw at us.

I recently bought two young birds in a phone in sale from fancier Darren McFadden so I look forward to obtain them and hopefully visiting his lofts and to find out his ways of racing and any advice he could possibly give us for the south road

While the birds where out today which they flew really well I must add London had real nice day today and the birds had an extra zip in there stride it seemed, myself and Dad had a chat and we’ll be racing young birds this year 100% south road, but still stick with the plan of playing with a few old birds on the south and the north. In a partnership it’s about the compromise. Having the birds on the one route will make life easier so look forward to the new challenges south road will throw at us.

I recently bought two young birds in a phone in sale from fancier Darren McFadden so I look forward to obtain them and hopefully visiting his lofts and to find out his ways of racing and any advice he could possibly give us for the south road

You wont go wrong if you get bird of Mark & Darren, two top fliers, & have swopped pigeon with one an other.

• 2 weeks later...

Had a photo done of Nearly Frank. I lost this cock two seasons ago what was meant to be his last race before going to stock. Sire and grandsire of winners, uncle to federation bird of the year.

I saw your post on Fb mate a cracker no pigeon and so sad that it never reached home that last time

Had a photo done of Nearly Frank. I lost this cock two seasons ago what was meant to be his last race before going to stock. Sire and grandsire of winners, uncle to federation bird of the year.

What a good looking pigeon Ryan. At least he has left his stamp.

Ps. Not to happy with the photo crystal clear and standing like a model :emoticon-0136-giggle: :emoticon-0136-giggle:

With the blue pied from mark turning out a cock bird, the breeding plans had to take a slight change. He is now getting paired up to After Eight, as her first round she was paired with her grandsire. The son of Rainy Day Boy was paired to a full sister of the Blue Pied from Mark, that I picked up while visiting him, which I thank him for. This will give me an option of creating some sort of family of plans and results go well.The racers are out most days weather permitting and are really putting in an effort most days flying a good 50 minutes to an hour. With the first races looming around 7th April touch wood they’ll be fit enough to train early March. Once all there young birds are weaned it will be back onto the 100% barley until the first race.I have this year three spare cocks that I am trying something different with feeding wise. These were put into the yb section with the pipo boxes and were put in with a number of hens to chose a mate. When the first hen laid from all three pairs regardless of what position the others two were in. After 10 days sitting they all were split. These three cocks were then moved to the corridor of the widowhood section and three saddle perches were put up. They’ll be kept here until every Friday where they will move to the yb section for motivation with a number of hens to do as they please. My idea of racing these cocks is to have barley infront of them at all times also. Slightly different to how I feed normal racers. I am contemplating on racing the three pigeons on 100 barley for the first three races of there season. Especially as the distances are only 55miles 65 miles and 105 miles. These will be raced on the south. I may change this idea after reading a Steven van Bremen article on peanuts however and quiet possibly may give them as much as the require of peanuts possibly on a Thursday night, and Friday morning. It’s something I’m toying with.

Be interesting how them three cocks go RyanWonder if you fed the peas or beans Sunday then barley Before the peanuts or even sunflower Will look on with interest how they go

Been having a think of what I may do everything with these three cocks is subject to change but my thoughts are still food infront of them at all times, and only barley for the first three races I am still considering. I think for the channel I’d probably try something along these lines. It will be a learning curve on the south this year

Saturday - Barley

Sunday - Barley

Monday - Barley

Tuesday - Barley

Wednesday - 50% Barley 50% extreme energy

Thursday - Extreme energy

Friday - Extremem energy

This I will tweak as the distance increases, that’s if they are still in the team :emoticon-0136-giggle:

• 3 weeks later...

Was at the lofts of D Bullen & Son the international winners on Tuesday to collect 6 ybs to race at the distance on the south all grandchildren of Isla Rainy Day Boy. Was a great day out and good excuse to give the south roaders an 11 mile run out.

Will be at Epsom at the weekend and hopefully speak to someone regarding ets to find out what is needed and how much it going to cost as would like to be using this by the time the yb season comes around as only heard good things about it

Was at the lofts of D Bullen & Son the international winners on Tuesday to collect 6 ybs to race at the distance on the south all grandchildren of Isla Rainy Day Boy. Was a great day out and good excuse to give the south roaders an 11 mile run out.

Will be at Epsom at the weekend and hopefully speak to someone regarding ets to find out what is needed and how much it going to cost as would like to be using this by the time the yb season comes around as only heard good things about it

Ets is the best thing to happen to the game. If it was to be removed I would pack in lol.

• 3 months later...

Haven’t really had much time to update this thread for a while now..... so how has the old bird season gone. This year I decided to race only in the one North Road club, and won over 6 x1st prizes, 2 x 1st Federation, and also had a 6th and 7th London North Road Combine. I didn’t compete in every race so I was very pleased and with Thurso just gone I’ve decided that will be my last race on the North Road.

So how did the birds turned south go? So far they have won inland 3 times in the marking station, being the most westerly loft in club and federation by some distance. My aim this season was to have 1 top 100 position in the bicc I would deem a success, with turnt round birds. In the first race from falaise we was 127th Open 51st Section. In the second race from alencon we was 39th,40th, 191st Open, 18th,19th, 68th section.

The south road bug is there fully installed, I now want to build a team to concentrate on the longer distance racing and that’s my goal over the next 3 seasons. So young birds have been trained to as far as the coast. If the wind and weather stays as it has been the young birds will just be trained with there first races being the first Bicc, as I feel these persistent east winds is where a lot of loses throughout the U.K. have been this year. However with them being well schooled and inland races being very short distances when he time is right they could go into the race for some transporter experience. But the aim is to come away from club racing and concentrate on the channel with the various nationals we can be a member of down here, so will look to join the NFC and BBC so I can have more options with my racing next season

Edited by Wiley

Found out we was earliest in our marking station from Littlehampton by some 7 minutes on Saturday, taking that to 4 inland. Bicc Le Mans 241 Miles,marking on Thursday with 3 of my 5 entries having there first channel race of the year after being turnt 2 weeks back. At basketing they will all be on small youngsters between 2-5 days.

The youngsters were at the coast on Sunday training 50 miles away. The second team with work I have been slightly behind with them but I must catch up with the other team, but there is no rush.

I was also at the lofts at Dave Hales and Duncan Goodchild’s on Sunday, and had a brilliant few hours talking and handling quality pigeons. I was really really impressed with the pigeons and the unique loft design

Edited by Wiley