Intensity, Integrity And Intelligance Blog.

Wiley

Today saw all the distance minded pigeons being left together with Thurso in mind. These won't race now till the event but will receive training to

Keep them ticking, the cocks may go to this coming weeks race sent on the drive. The sprint pigeons still on widowhood. I haven't seen the previous weeks fed result yet to update where we are on that. When I start my two week build up for Thurso I will go quiet in depth for those that are interested

that will be interesting just to see your change in food types and amounts fed

• Replies 376
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Today will see both feeds for the distance pigeons consisting of what I would call a heavy in protein mixture, which is a mixture of maple peas, green peas, yellow peas, and mung beans. Regarding measurements it's 15grams each morning and night today so making the quantity for the day being around 1oz and 1/4. The distance pigeons as they will be sitting around til basketing they will be trained regular, and tuesday will see them going 47 miles. My good hen Scratch was hawked at Perth, so unfortunately she will be unable to go to Thurso, the race I wanted her to go all year, but she made it home which is the main thing.

Edited by Wiley

How many that perform at 100 still perform at 500?

Dal, how can I really give a number? My best hen pigeon at 72 miles, is one of my best at 500 miles. One of my best cock racers at 177 miles is also one of my best at 500 miles.

Dal, how can I really give a number? My best hen pigeon at 72 miles, is one of my best at 500 miles. One of my best cock racers at 177 miles is also one of my best at 500 miles.

That's all you needed to say...good birds are good birds kept in good order will win anywhere from anywhere

I think that where you live and race to affects how you can race your birds.

Where I live inland racing goes to 200+ miles after that we are over the channel which is a different ball game.

I do not send good winners over the water, mainly based on their ancestry and also not wanting to risk them being lost.

I do have some awaiting liberation from 400 miles that have scored inland more than once and have been across before but not arrived in prize winning times from the channel races so do do not have a great deal of confidence in them this time.

However they had to go they were always beaten by loft mates in the earlier races and are now at an age where they are approaching the end of their racing careers.

I think that where you live and race to affects how you can race your birds.

Where I live inland racing goes to 200+ miles after that we are over the channel which is a different ball game.

I do not send good winners over the water, mainly based on their ancestry and also not wanting to risk them being lost.

I do have some awaiting liberation from 400 miles that have scored inland more than once and have been across before but not arrived in prize winning times from the channel races so do do not have a great deal of confidence in them this time.

However they had to go they were always beaten by loft mates in the earlier races and are now at an age where they are approaching the end of their racing careers.

Racing north road and south road are two different ball games, but for me what Mark Bulled toldMe in conversations with him many years ago regardless off the route always rings true, too get your best results you must send your best, it's just depending on whether you have the balls to send your best that far!

Edited by Wiley

The build up for 510 miles started today. Birds being fed 50/50 mixture both morning and night. The morning feed consisted of 15grams per pigeon of a depurative and a heavy protein mixture, and the evening same mixture but 20 grams per pigeon.

Mondays feed will consisted of 100% protein mixture and will bE 15 grams morning and night.

Hi Wiley

Why do you up the evening feed for the one day ?

Hi Buddy

As on Saturday's here the birds are fed once a day and only 15grams of a depurative type mixture. To make sure digestion is right

Edited by Wiley

I usually up the maize and fats for my last channel race, with only one contender I will now up the protein (maples) a little

The fats will increase on my system, but very little maize is used here sprint or distance racing and is only a very small percentages in my mixes.

Hi WileyWhy do you up the evening feed for the one day ?

Hi BuddyAs on Saturday's here the birds are fed once a day and only 15grams of a depurative type mixture. To make sure digestion is right

I should add on Tuesday we will see the morning feed drop in grams right up until the Saturday, that is to create appetite also as from Saturday we will have 5 days till basket, and in any race the last 4 days really are what is important. But what you'll notice with the last two days I feed very light in composition but heavy in quantity. And on the last 4 days Hemp and sunflower hearts will Be infront of the birds at all times so they can take what they like.

I am sorry but ihave watched you posts and as far as i am conserned you are talkng rubbish contact a good distance flyer up north here and they will advice you with regards real distance flying ,up untill this your posts have been helpfull

Sorry you feel that way Phil, but it is the way I do it, why would i need advice from a good distance flyer up north, when I have won the London North Road Combine at both 510 miles and 599 miles, and winning two RPRA Region awards for my achievements at distance racing, and having a bird in the LNRC Hall of Fame, runner up Tommy long trophy(best average all distance racing is LNRC) and best 3 bird average from 510 miles in LNRC?

Edited by Wiley

Guest johnhunter

Sorry you feel that way Phil, but it is the way I do it, why would i need advice from a good distance flyer up north, when I have won the London North Road Combine at both 510 miles and 599 miles, and winning two RPRA Region awards for my achievements at distance racing, and having a bird in the LNRC Hall of Fame, runner up Tommy long trophy(best average all distance racing is LNRC) and best 3 bird average from 510 miles in LNRC?

a guess you must be doing something right,what do you think ,PHIL LOL

IMO yes i can see you are a formidable flyer in your own field ,but distance flyers up here in the SNFC section G are flying on average 150 miles further than their counter parts in central Scotland ,i dont want to to take any thing from your results but ,flying south straight forward with regards to terrain ,flying south with regards to long distance your birds are getting rough terrain prior to leaving Scotland then it is plain sailing home ,wind ,pull ,etc which can and does interfere with allour hopes ,your feeding ideas are very informative

a guess you must be doing something right,what do you think ,PHIL LOL

I dont think i am doing any thing right ,i only want recognishin for real distance flyers over rough terraine ??? am i wrong like !!!

Even though flying natural I am seeing my birds eating very little, about an ounce a day when i see them leaving barley early in the week and paddy rice approaching the race. Thats why I will try Wiley`s approach of a bit more protein in the build up for my last channel race.

ps looking like 2nd club from today at Messac

Even though flying natural I am seeing my birds eating very little, about an ounce a day when i see them leaving barley early in the week and paddy rice approaching the race. Thats why I will try Wiley`s approach of a bit more protein in the build up for my last channel race.

ps looking like 2nd club from today at Messac

Blue, the protein will be removed from my build up by Wednesday, when it is 7 days till basketing