Intensity, Integrity And Intelligance Blog.

Wiley

Great fancier what lines do you have paddy?

Ryan my mate and I bought them off A. Baker, we have the Tubby lines and more others, not to sure of as Mik has all the pedigrees and paperwork. we've had them now for the past three years and they are coming well in the racing so far up to 240mls in the channel.

• Replies 376
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ryan my mate and I bought them off A. Baker, we have the Tubby lines and more others, not to sure of as Mik has all the pedigrees and paperwork. we've had them now for the past three years and they are coming well in the racing so far up to 240mls in the channel.

Tubby was a fantastic pigeon also Paddy I’m sure you’ll do great with the lines

1/2 sister to "comfort zone " here, 2015 Marseilles BICC winner

had a son of Davids top stock hen, on loan from A. Baker ...she was dam to "80" "Tubby" "35, "48", "49"

A hen bred by David ..which has 5 x barcelona pigeons in ped

A son of 7th BICC Barcelona x sister to "80" and "Tubby"

2 years breeding they are starting to show they can fly the hard ones ...be nice to get them to France....have a couple ready to go this year if still here when time comes

Cheers Ryan

I notice the birds you are getting in are real distance birds , don't forget the Bicc have loads of 250 to 400 mile type races which could well suit your family of birds that you race north

100% right mate just want to try and cover all angles if possible

It's strange when you swop birds

I changed from south to north this year and won the fed with a hen that scored many times for me south yet also had a hen that had a 3 rd and 6 th fed that never scored at all on the south and was only kept due to being paired to a decent cock and they way she was in the hand etc

Some seem to benefit from the change

It's strange when you swop birds

I changed from south to north this year and won the fed with a hen that scored many times for me south yet also had a hen that had a 3 rd and 6 th fed that never scored at all on the south and was only kept due to being paired to a decent cock and they way she was in the hand etc

Some seem to benefit from the change

Terry Haley results doing similar interested me also mate, he’ll race birds south all year then send them to a north road race and vise versa and does very well

Hi mate

Does he train south then switch them north?

When I raced south I trained my ybs south but once the birds had one south road race the following year as yearling I only went north due to the time , I never had my clock set for the inland but over the water they came well as I lived away from the loft they had a hopper of beans and three or four feeds of Gerry and fats prior to marking one year they were in the top 20 of the combine in the four water races I sent to the year before they had a 3 rd and 4 th combine. Now I have more time and race on the north I wouldn't dream of taking them to far off the line I want them to hit on race day and feed set amount twice a day and no beans after Sunday , pretty much the same pigeons

Hi mate

Yes will be raced and trained south all year and then sent to a North Road race

Next Thursday will see me and Dad visiting Mark Bulleds loft to hopefully learn about how his transition was from north to south, and to see his fantastic family of birds