Intensity, Integrity And Intelligance Blog.

Wiley

Was just looking for those that are interested in my weighing side of the blog, the above cock when he won the first race of the year and was 3rd federation he was 7 grams heavier then when he won this weekend and will confirm where he was in the fed as soon as i know

• Replies 376
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was just looking for those that are interested in my weighing side of the blog, the above cock when he won the first race of the year and was 3rd federation he was 7 grams heavier then when he won this weekend and will confirm where he was in the fed as soon as i know

Won today with a yearling cock. He is nicknamed TED after Ted Mcminns......he is along cast, super thin specimen that never puts weight on and who's keel is always prominent! If I was to weigh mine I imagine he would be the lightest every week ......he has won twice in his latest three races.......let's see if he keeps the weight off or he just runs out of energy the further south he goes! NO FAT MARATHON RUNNERS!

Won today with a yearling cock. He is nicknamed TED after Ted Mcminns......he is along cast, super thin specimen that never puts weight on and who's keel is always prominent! If I was to weigh mine I imagine he would be the lightest every week ......he has won twice in his latest three races.......let's see if he keeps the weight off or he just runs out of energy the further south he goes! NO FAT MARATHON RUNNERS!

Could the same be said about marathon runners would never win a sprint? Now that is a question, you dont see many fat sprinters either dal!

Could the same be said about marathon runners would never win a sprint? Now that is a question, you dont see many fat sprinters either dal!

Deffo build in a sprinter tho.....it's the relationship between weight and density that needs figured out

I was given some old books going back to the 1950's Ryan and they had a device for weighing the pigeons for sale

Well done by the way

Cheers guys

Young birds are flying well and the beauty of having two sections allows me to keep both rounds seperate, so they all have the same learning to do at the same time. Section 1 weather permitting will go on their first toss on sunday, about 1/2 mile away to get them used to coming out of basket, home and trapping instantly.

Hi Ryan

Can I ask if for example you won with a bird weighing 16oz and on the Tuesday he weighed a little under and you needed 2 grams on him to get the weight back how would you judge how much or what type of corn you would feed him on , I guess I mean how would you know that 5 grams of grub would add 2 grams of weigh or would food not be the way to do it maybe you would you shorten the loft flying a little

Be interested in your views as always

Hi Ryan

Can I ask if for example you won with a bird weighing 16oz and on the Tuesday he weighed a little under and you needed 2 grams on him to get the weight back how would you judge how much or what type of corn you would feed him on , I guess I mean how would you know that 5 grams of grub would add 2 grams of weigh or would food not be the way to do it maybe you would you shorten the loft flying a little

Be interested in your views as always

Sorry mate only just seen this, it is a difficult question to answer as myself it is a learning experience also. However I personally don't think 2grams makes much difference as a cock who was 3rd fed beaten by 2yards, was 1st fed weighing I think it was 7grams lighter looking back.

The birds at the weekend was 2nd club I couldn't attend the federation to find out where we ended up but top 10 I would say. The hens was a little of the pace I haven't a clue why, as I felt they was fantastic but that's pigeons, and just have to see what this week brings.

Hens beat the cocks this week, winning first and second club, my good hen Scratch gets her 2nd win of the season. The cocks were not far behind in there club as they finished 3rd. So all round pleased. Found out last week we ended up 9th fed so was more then satisfied.

This week see's the build up to the first LNRC race from Berwick some 306 miles. This will see naturaline put in the drinker all the way upto basketing.

Hens beat the cocks this week, winning first and second club, my good hen Scratch gets her 2nd win of the season. The cocks were not far behind in there club as they finished 3rd. So all round pleased. Found out last week we ended up 9th fed so was more then satisfied.

This week see's the build up to the first LNRC race from Berwick some 306 miles. This will see naturaline put in the drinker all the way upto basketing.

Why naturaline

Raymond just something im trying, a lot of belgium national men use naturaline 8 days before basketing for the national so im just going to give it all the way to basketing. My birds receive naturaline anyway 4 days a week normal racing.

Cocks nazalined. Sprint cocks put onto a 100% diet of barley. Cocks going to Berwick, fed in normal way but with 5grams more on their evening feed per pigeon. The hens receive the same quantity of feed up to this coming weeks race of 306 miles.

Cocks nazalined. Sprint cocks put onto a 100% diet of barley. Cocks going to Berwick, fed in normal way but with 5grams more on their evening feed per pigeon. The hens receive the same quantity of feed up to this coming weeks race of 306 miles.

Hi Ryan

Was that 5 grams more all week or from mid week or do you go by the wind that is forecast