500 Milers In Your Loft?

W.D.

After reading the article put on here about Jock Allen, and it said that he had 19 Doos that had scored in the SNFC.

Just wondered, how many 5ooml pigeons do you have in your race team at present? Not including retired ones not racing anymore.

How many birds do you think you would need to cover all the races in a season?

I don't have any that have flown 500 miles, 6 or so that have flown 430. I haven't sent to a 500+ mile race for several years' but may send one this year. I've been saying that about the same hen for 3 years atleast - but she ends up staying at home for one reason or another. She will go this year I am determined!

I don't have any that have flown 500 miles, 6 or so that have flown 430. I haven't sent to a 500+ mile race for several years' but may send one this year. I've been saying that about the same hen for 3 years atleast - but she ends up staying at home for one reason or another. She will go this year I am determined!

Go for it you'l never know if you dont

• 4 months later...

She homed today - though out of race time - she's got secondary flights missing (hawked? cat?) and is a little thinner, but looks OK otherwise

She is the only one back in my club so far from 29 sent - 544 mile to me

She homed today - though out of race time - she's got secondary flights missing (hawked? cat?) and is a little thinner, but looks OK otherwise

WELL DONE YOU GOT HER

Well done her, that's a wee heart warmer on a miserable night ðŸ‘

Well done getting her and well done to her getting home despite her adversity. :)

was effectively finished racing last season after 30 years and had them on open bowl right through the winter had seven coming up to start of season so sent as tossed birds every race was right on the pace apart from one race had four at last weeks national from billericay timing at 16 22 to scrape on to the result they have been lighty trained with no products coming up to the national had only lost two from the seven couldnt make it up