Dk. Chequ's

billt

do you prefer them Bill ? (colourwise) over the others ?

Yes, my favourite colour but that has nothing to do with racing, as we say, they race in all colours. I have about 25 reds, which is good considering I've always said I can't keep reds here, BOP.

They're lovely, the babies are particularly nice thanks for putting the photos on

I'll get a pic of them as they are now, they are a super looking pair, both cocks, off a Dk. Pied x Red. When they were a few days old, pre. rings, I went one evening to shut lofts and the mother came off the nest and I realised one had fallen out the pan, when I picked it up it was stone cold and appeared dead, I thought I saw pulse so I took it in and held it over the Rayburn until I was sure it was alive, I then held it for over an hour until it looked good enough to put back. The next morning they looked identical and to this day I could not tell which one it was. Just goes to show, don't give in too quickly. I think I learned this lesson from our many years as licensed dog breeders

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest Old Timer

Some stunning looking pigeons i must admit i like the Dark un's some cracking reds aswell great family of pigeons the Busschaerts wish i still had mine

I'll get a pic of them as they are now, they are a super looking pair, both cocks, off a Dk. Pied x Red. When they were a few days old, pre. rings, I went one evening to shut lofts and the mother came off the nest and I realised one had fallen out the pan, when I picked it up it was stone cold and appeared dead, I thought I saw pulse so I took it in and held it over the Rayburn until I was sure it was alive, I then held it for over an hour until it looked good enough to put back. The next morning they looked identical and to this day I could not tell which one it was. Just goes to show, don't give in too quickly. I think I learned this lesson from our many years as licensed dog breeders

c,mon Bill , lets see that pic of them (now) :emoticon-0123-party: