One Loft Race Rules

sweetpigeon

I find it Amazing ,Looking & thinking of Flying in a One Loft Race - but not so sure now - one in my area - has just been won , The £20,000 winner ,NOT ONE mention of this person who won the Cheque you should be able see all details of payment ,Surely There should be Photographs of the winner receiving the cheque is name ,name of bank , the person running the race presenting the cheque ,So to see there is no connection with the establisment running the race

I do not Think a complete Family even down to the convoyer , Should run a Large important concern ,

Security must be of the Highest Concern ,

What security is there on the basketing Final £20,000 race night ,Here is one simple way to cheat & many more

What is to stop someone going down the road 10 miles

taking few birds out of the crate , then next day releasing The so called winner ,Then another & another at 10 minute intervals to make the race look legit ,£20,000 is a lot of money , I am not saying it has been done , but it is VERY VERY EASY TO DO -We just had the nationl Flying club Cheating Scandal These ONE LOFT RACES are the future of Pigeon Racing ,One Mistake & it will be the Death of Pigeon Racing - Lets See some Evidence of the Winning Persons as well as the pigeons & More Security

I must say I agree with what you say, but why do you see the future of the sport in these one loft races?

Yes I should have said - One Loft Racing is good for the sport when run right - More people work longer hours in todays world , it can keep more people in the sport ,who may like to keep the connection of pigeon racing - ie- like the older disabled pigeon fancier who can no longer hump the baskets about ,& can no longer drive, ,also i see some one lofts races have school prizes ,which can be good for the sport ,

I think £20,000 for the winner is too much for a 1st prize ,share it out more with the lower finishes ,

Yes I should have said - One Loft Racing is good for the sport when run right - More people work longer hours in todays world , it can keep more people in the sport ,who may like to keep the connection of pigeon racing - ie- like the older disabled pigeon fancier who can no longer hump the baskets about ,& can no longer drive, ,also i see some one lofts races have school prizes ,which can be good for the sport ,

I think £20,000 for the winner is too much for a 1st prize ,share it out more with the lower finishes ,

drop the 20k and you will lose most of your entrants

the big olr have a lot higher 1st prizes 100,000 euro even 2nd can be higher than that

eg Algarve 2nd is 40,000 euro

500 euro for a team of 3 birds 2 of them activated and a reserve

works out very roughly £400 for 2 activated bird with a chance to win £80,000 1st prize

this year the 1st 300 home all won prize money

how much to enter the olr your on about

I must say I agree with what you say, but why do you see the future of the sport in these one loft races?

The main Point I am trying to Make is This years winner of the WHODAREWINSONELOFTRACE

was named LAST CHANCE

I followed the all the races all year on their site ,This Pigeon was only entered in the last 2 races

The Hot Spot 5 Race it was entered as W D W Venture Pigeon Ring no GB16S 69179 & came 149 in the race

in the last race it re-appeared in The £20,000 Race It was Called LAST CHANCE Pigeon Ring no GB16S 69179 which it won The £20,000

What I want to Know who Got Paid The Winning £20,000 Cheque ,No mention what so ever of the Winner who got the Payout only the Pigeon

It has Now appeared it The Auction on their Site in The Pedegree of LAST CHANCE, it says They Purchased The The Parents as a Group of 6 Van Olmen Pigeons The Parents are now called THE GOLDEN PAIR

How Can The People Running This Race Breed The Winner ,Its Amazing - The Number of Things What can be Done do win the race ,Pair it Up , This is a Licence to Print Their own Money - Should it not Read in The Auction The Winner Last Chance Bred By the People who run the Race & The £20,000 first Prize Won By ????? Nobody Yet Knows ?,

Honestly I do not Think a Big Concern like This should be run by Any Family only Large officail organisations ,Please Check These Details its on their Site

:emoticon-0127-lipssealed: :emoticon-0127-lipssealed: :emoticon-0127-lipssealed:

I followed the all the races all year on their site ,This Pigeon was only entered in the last 2 races

The Hot Spot 5 Race it was entered as W D W Venture Pigeon Ring no GB16S 69179 & came 149 in the race

in the last race it re-appeared in The £20,000 Race It was Called LAST CHANCE Pigeon Ring no GB16S 69179 which it won The £20,000

What I want to Know who Got Paid The Winning £20,000 Cheque ,No mention what so ever of the Winner who got the Payout only the Pigeon

It has Now appeared it The Auction on their Site in The Pedegree of LAST CHANCE, it says They Purchased The The Parents as a Group of 6 Van Olmen Pigeons The Parents are now called THE GOLDEN PAIR

How Can The People Running This Race Breed The Winner ,Its Amazing - The Number of Things What can be Done do win the race ,Pair it Up , This is a Licence to Print Their own Money - Should it not Read in The Auction The Winner Last Chance Bred By the People who run the Race & The £20,000 first Prize Won By ????? Nobody Yet Knows ?,

Honestly I do not Think a Big Concern like This should be run by Any Family only Large officail organisations ,Please Check These Details its on their Site

drop the 20k and you will lose most of your entrants

the big olr have a lot higher 1st prizes 100,000 euro even 2nd can be higher than that

eg Algarve 2nd is 40,000 euro

500 euro for a team of 3 birds 2 of them activated and a reserve

works out very roughly £400 for 2 activated bird with a chance to win £80,000 1st prize

this year the 1st 300 home all won prize money

how much to enter the olr your on about

Have you contacted the organisers and asked for clarification ?

I have E-mailed them ,no Reply

The only information I have, is not so good on this Race it is from there website which they provide ,

The Latest Information on the site is Their Forcoming Auction

Lot 45 it Says LAST CHANCE - WINNER of £20,000 Race Sire BELG13/6312679 & Dam BELG13/312673 We Now Call The Golden Pair ,JAN VAN OLMEN These 2 personaly picked from a group of 6pigeons by our friend Andre Roodhoof ,we purchased at great expence ,

So as I Read It - The WINNER of 2016 WHODAREWINS ONE LOFT RACE

was Named LAST CHANCE But Should also Read - Bred & RACED by the WHODAREWINS ONE LOFT RACE but their is no mention of The 20,000Cheque Winner from the above pigeon

I am not saying these people cheated in any way , But should Print all The Winning Pigeons Details £20,000 is a lot of money Once The first Prize has Gone ,Thats what you Race & hope For The Big One ,Thanks for your Kind Help ,I am New to The Sport I have just Aquired 2 pair of Pigeons for my disabled Grandson who has got to Spend 6 months in Hospital in Plaster for a serious Spine Operation ,I thought entering one of these one loft races would keep him occupied ,All I want to Know Which would be best to enter , , Thats Why I examine every Detail of The Races Thank you

SWEETPIGEON all credit to you for looking hard into this ,a lot of things can just be overlooked and slip through the net ,the orginiser of this event had probably realised that questions could be asked about your findings so failed or hid the true results ,organisers should not be able to enter IMO as they could add any amount of birds they like ,if your findings are kotchia then who will trust this race again .

Guest johnhunter

SWEETPIGEON all credit to you for looking hard into this ,a lot of things can just be overlooked and slip through the net ,the orginiser of this event had probably realised that questions could be asked about your findings so failed or hid the true results ,organisers should not be able to enter IMO as they could add any amount of birds they like ,if your findings are kotchia then who will trust this race again .

if this is true, how gullable can pigeon men be

Hello this is Gary Tomlinson the owner of the WDW One Loft Race, I don't go on social media sites very often so we are never up to speed with the slanderous untrue comments that some people namely on this occasion Sweet Pigeon who ever he or she may be are making about my family, we have been contacted by a fancier who has entered birds in our race since its launch in 2014, this fancier is very perturbed by the comments made as they have known us for many years, they have seen how hard we have worked to get this race off the ground, it is not and has never been a secret who won the WDW 2016 race, my wife published it on the biggest social media site in the world namely Facebook, anyway the guy's name is Christopher Wighting, ( an article about the race series plus photo's is with the BHW and Racing Pigeon magazines waiting to be published )

Chris wanted to buy this pigeon before it went to Hot Spot 5, but this pigeon was late from Hot Spot 3 and missed Hot Spot 4 so we felt it would be unfair to take £200 from Chris when he may only get the one race from the bird this being Portland Hot Spot 5, so we said to him if it comes from Hot Spot 5 you can have first refusal of the bird GB16S69179, the bird came from Hot Spot 5 and the phone started ringing with 4 different fanciers now wanting to purchase this bird, I told them if Chris did not want it then next in line is Kevin Winter because he was the second person to enquire about the bird, I telephoned Chris and asked him did he still wanted the bird GB16S69179 he said yes, I asked did he want it in his own name or another he said call it Last Chance which we felt quite fitting as it was the last venture bird left for sale, just to clarify GB16S69179 went four hot spot races not just 2 as Sweet Pigeon states, HOT SPOT 1 finished 327th, Hot Spot 2 finished 201st, HOT SPOT 3 the bird homed on Friday one day before basketing for HOT SPOT 4 thus we left it at home, HOT SPOT 5 the bird finished 149th, Final Race finished 1st.

In total there was 11 venture birds which went to the final of which 6 came home finishing 1st, 10th, 64th, 102nd, 123rd & 140th, we put birds into the race as ventures this year because in 2015 we purchased 50 from Belgium fanciers of which we culled 13 in the first week, none of the others made the final so we felt we had let fanciers down, we were robbed by these Belgium fanciers because they were rubbish pigeons, my wife said Gary we have spent a fortune buying pigeon so why don't you breed your own ventures at least you know their healthy and bred right, ( I must add that we do-not race pigeon's any longer ourselves so we retain nothing )

In our advert for this race it clearly states that NO FAMILY MEMBER IS ALLOWED TO ENTER THIS RACE THIS HAS BEEN STATED AND ADVERTISED SINCE WE LAUNCHED THE RACE IN 2014.

Everyone is invited to come to race marking and assist or oversee marking

Before the arrival of the birds in all races spectators are asked to go through the loft and ensure there are no birds in it, then go into the computer room and check the screen say's as it should NO BIRDS TIMED

WAS THERE A PHOTOGRAPH OF THE WINNERS GETTING THEIR £20,000 CHEQUE IN 2014 or 2015 NO.......so in 2016 we have done nothing different to the previous 2 years, by now I am sure the picture is becoming quite clear we have nothing to hide, I suggest that Sweet Pigeon is not a novice as they state but someone who is local to us and very envious, I see he mentions nothing about the £1000 we have donated to charity the last 2 years and will be doing again in 2017 curtesy of WDW.

I will finish now but if you Sweet Pigeon or anyone else has any questions about this race then contact me direct I will give you the true facts not what you surmise has happened, my number is 07725209762.

Gary Tomlinson on behalf of WDW One Loft Race.