Knowing What Sex My Babies Will Be

kraftykev

Ok maybe not the best topic title, but i didnt know what else to put. i seem to have a load of cock birds and seem to be a bit short of hens. So next year i need to breed my birds, but keep some of my hens. Does any one know of a way of knowing, by breeding the sex of there young birds. I did read that group red hens, including mealies and yellows, if bred with a blue bar, blue cheq or dark cheq cock will produce red group cocks and blue bar, blue cheq and dark cheq hens. is this correct and are there any other colour mixes that will tell me what the sex will be. As most of you know i breed kirkparicks so have plenty of colours in the loft lol.

I feel that i have not explained what i wanted to say properly but i hope you understand what i mean..

Take care

kevin

spencroft kirkpatricks

cheers bilt, just been reading an old topic on here and it stated that yellow cock to red hen will give me yellow daughters and red sons. Now i have a section of yellow kirkpatricks and i would prefer yellow daughters than the blue daughters. I dont have many red stock hen but do have a fair few mealy stock hens. Do you think that is i put my yellow cock birds to my red and mealy stock hens i would get yellow daughters and red sons

cheers mate

you can buy a gadget from the poultry shops that you hold over the eggs and it tells you weather its a cock or hen I belive a gold ring on a piece of string also works hold ring over egg it will either go round and round or sway from side to side cant remember which is which

a small bit of lead on thread, does the same

Guest johnhunter

Correct Davie. If it goes round in a circle or oval formation its a hen. If in a straight line its a cock.

do use actually believe that sh..e,if that were true why do you need to get parrots sexed

Guest johnhunter

Ok ,have you tried it ? because if I hold a hen it'll swing and if I try it with a cock it goes round , and I wasn't swinging myself

that's right if you hold a hen and you know its a hen it will swing,as I say its you that is making it swing

cheers bilt, just been reading an old topic on here and it stated that yellow cock to red hen will give me yellow daughters and red sons. Now i have a section of yellow kirkpatricks and i would prefer yellow daughters than the blue daughters. I dont have many red stock hen but do have a fair few mealy stock hens. Do you think that is i put my yellow cock birds to my red and mealy stock hens i would get yellow daughters and red sons

cheers mate

Yes that`s right kraftykev , yellow cock x red hen will give you yellow daughters and red sons.

Also yellow cock x blue hen ,any yellows or silvers from this pairing will be hens ,all daughters will be easy to spot from these pairings as they will have short down .