#41 User is offline   Colsacre 

• In Egg! (Newbie)
  • Pip
  • Group: Members
  • LocationInverallochy
  • Club:Fraserburgh & District

Posted 29 September 2016 - 18:37 PM

View Postwalterboswell59, on 29 September 2016 - 10:45 AM, said:

are you saying you do not remember you and i trying to hatch a plan to get it from the doctor after you told me frank had been told that his birds had clamiydia and i called the vet and told him a club member had it and my vet told me the treatment was amoxycilian and it would cost around 80 pounds for the treatment and id went to my doctor to try and get it i hope your not saying you dont remember this as i told loads of guys about me going to the doc to try and get it at the time and the doc telling me to come to the side door to see him as it was very infectious and us having a laugh about it come on man infact im sure i told a few friends on here about it when it happened no ones trying to get at anyone here billy only stating what the vet told me the treatment was and how it came about but if your saying you dont remember fine with me and im told doxycycline has amoxy in it so whats the problem

#42 User is offline   dunc50 

• Veteran of the Loft!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Locationkhill

Posted 29 September 2016 - 18:37 PM

View Postwalterboswell59, on 29 September 2016 - 10:45 AM, said:

are you saying you do not remember you and i trying to hatch a plan to get it from the doctor after you told me frank had been told that his birds had clamiydia and i called the vet and told him a club member had it and my vet told me the treatment was amoxycilian and it would cost around 80 pounds for the treatment and id went to my doctor to try and get it i hope your not saying you dont remember this as i told loads of guys about me going to the doc to try and get it at the time and the doc telling me to come to the side door to see him as it was very infectious and us having a laugh about it come on man infact im sure i told a few friends on here about it when it happened no ones trying to get at anyone here billy only stating what the vet told me the treatment was and how it came about but if your saying you dont remember fine with me and im told doxycycline has amoxy in it so whats the problem

walter have you got an appointment on for tomorrow as i may need amoxy, lol ffs last o the summer wine lol

#43 User is offline   Colsacre 

• In Egg! (Newbie)
  • Pip
  • LocationInverallochy
  • Club:Fraserburgh & District

Posted 29 September 2016 - 18:39 PM

One eyed cold can be caused by a lack of Vitamin A. Vitamin A is not easy to get into pigeons but one good source is natural yougart. Have cured one eye colds for many fanciers with this tip.

#44 User is offline   walterboswell59 

• High Ranking
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Gold Member
  • Locationhamilton
  • Club:burnbank

Posted 29 September 2016 - 19:05 PM

View Postdunc50, on 29 September 2016 - 19:37 PM, said:

walter have you got an appointment on for tomorrow as i may need amoxy, lol ffs last o the summer wine lol

it was a laugh at the time duncan but when i was there they discovered i had pigeon lung i left with the amoxy and an inhailer scared the c p out me because at first they said i had asbestosis after x ray and cat scan they said pigeon lung thank f k what we do for pigeons eh

#45 User is offline   dunc50 

• Veteran of the Loft!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Locationkhill

Posted 29 September 2016 - 21:04 PM

View Postwalterboswell59, on 29 September 2016 - 19:05 PM, said:

it was a laugh at the time duncan but when i was there they discovered i had pigeon lung i left with the amoxy and an inhailer scared the c p out me because at first they said i had asbestosis after x ray and cat scan they said pigeon lung thank f k what we do for pigeons eh

yes walter we have a lot of negatives that come with the fancy but the positives are why we love the pigeon game

#46 User is offline   walterboswell59 

• High Ranking
  • Locationhamilton
  • Club:burnbank

Posted 29 September 2016 - 21:24 PM

View Postdunc50, on 29 September 2016 - 22:04 PM, said:

yes walter we have a lot of negatives that come with the fancy but the positives are why we love the pigeon game

very true m8 and its a bad day if you cant have a laugh and admit that sometimes we get it wrong but at least we try
there are some great guys in our sport duncan but we have more than our share of ass h s that would start a rammy in an empty house or argue black is white to score points in there own little minds the power crazy and the legends in there own mind brigade we have them all but do your own thing and let them get on with it and just enjoy your doos

#47 User is offline   MIK 

• Veteran of the Loft!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • LocationIreland

Posted 29 September 2016 - 21:47 PM

Pi Sh on a cotton bud or tissue, then squeeze excess fluid Pi Sh onto eye , 24 - 36hrs it should be gone or good signs of going.....if still in same state contact Vet for respiratory analysis and appropriate meds.

If ye cant afford Vet Chloramphenicol eye ointment 1% from chemist normally does a good job :)

regards
Mick

#48 User is offline   dunc50 

• Veteran of the Loft!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Locationkhill

Posted 29 September 2016 - 22:16 PM

Posted ImagePosted Image

View Postwalterboswell59, on 29 September 2016 - 21:24 PM, said:

very true m8 and its a bad day if you cant have a laugh and admit that sometimes we get it wrong but at least we try
there are some great guys in our sport duncan but we have more than our share of ass h s that would start a rammy in an empty house or argue black is white to score points in there own little minds the power crazy and the legends in there own mind brigade we have them all but do your own thing and let them get on with it and just enjoy your doos

#49 User is online   Doosstcombs 

• Old Bird
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • LocationSt combs Fraserburgh
  • Club:Fraserburgh and district

Posted 6 June 2017 - 12:44 PM

View PostColsacre, on 29 September 2016 - 18:39 PM, said:

One eyed cold can be caused by a lack of Vitamin A. Vitamin A is not easy to get into pigeons but one good source is natural yougart. Have cured one eye colds for many fanciers with this tip.

I have not bought the yogurt yet but will do, you mix it in the food? And will it benefit the whole flock?
It's Matthew by the way in st combs

#50 User is offline   greenbar 

• High Ranking
  • Locationsauchie
  • Club:clackmanan inv

Posted 6 June 2017 - 15:22 PM

did u ever get that bird back u lost ,a couple of weeks ago,, :animatedpigeons:

#51 User is offline   novo10 

• Veteran of the Loft!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 6 June 2017 - 16:01 PM

View Postdal2, on 26 September 2016 - 19:00 PM, said:

I have always used drops. If you are going to the chemist for any of the above that I mentioned then dont say its for your pigeons as its not for animal use

If you've got this theyres a problem in loft

#52 User is online   Doosstcombs 

• Old Bird
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • LocationSt combs Fraserburgh
  • Club:Fraserburgh and district

Posted 6 June 2017 - 17:40 PM

View Postgreenbar, on 6 June 2017 - 15:22 PM, said:

did u ever get that bird back u lost ,a couple of weeks ago,, :animatedpigeons:

Nope still gone I think bird of prey got it

#53 User is offline   greenbar 

• High Ranking
  • Locationsauchie
  • Club:clackmanan inv

Posted 6 June 2017 - 18:20 PM

U could be right on that one.

#54 User is offline   peter pandy 

• Veteran of the Loft!
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Locationscotland
  • Club:life

Posted 6 June 2017 - 20:07 PM

I visited my Doctor last year suffering from One eye cold as it would not stop running like a burn and dripping off my chin [very slight exaggeration] and he said I was suffering from a blocked tear duct and gave me ointment which if it did not unblock it I would have a minor operation where they put a fine probe down the duct to clear the blockage. The cream done the trick and it has nothing to do with any deficiency.

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

• Advert: Crafty Fifer: bespoke loft equipment
  • Advert: B.Leefe & Sons
  • Advert: Apex Garden Buildings
  • Advert: Racing Pigeon Supplies
  • Advert: Solway Feeders