One Eye Cold

dunc50

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

for one eyed cold optrex eye drops work fine one drop in the eye for three days clears it up

for avian chlamydia amoxycillin is the cure

Not doubting your methods Walter but I have read it's doxycline that is the treatment for Chlamydia and it's a long treatment. That's if it's Chlamidya your pigeons have.

Not doubting your methods Walter but I have read it's doxycline that is the treatment for Chlamydia and it's a long treatment. That's if it's Chlamidya your pigeons have.

bang on frank he's got his Cline wrong one of the biggest problems with yb losses I believe because the length of the time to cure 28 days or more the silent killer

bang on frank he's got his Cline wrong one of the biggest problems with yb losses I believe because the length of the time to cure 28 days or more the silent killer

well if im wrong the vet in merry street in motherwell is wrong also frank thats who told me m8 but ive never had it that i know of me and billy reid tried to find out about it when your birds had it and thats what the vet told me and also if a fanciers birds have it the fancier needs to be treated with amoxycilin also as it spreads to humans with contact with the birds scary stuff

ps been told doxy works to

Edited by walterboswell59

well if im wrong the vet in merry street in motherwell is wrong also frank thats who told me m8 but ive never had it that i know of me and billy reid tried to find out about it when your birds had it and thats what the vet told me and also if a fanciers birds have it the fancier needs to be treated with amoxycilin also as it spreads to humans with contact with the birds scary stuff

ps been told doxy works to

My birds had salmonella according to the avian vet in Cumbernauld.

Not sure what you're up to Walter dring my name into this thread. The last time we had a chat on the phone was 2013.

And Frank is totally correct to treat chlamydia = 30 - 45 day's on doxycycline.

are you saying you do not remember you and i trying to hatch a plan to get it from the doctor after you told me frank had been told that his birds had clamiydia and i called the vet and told him a club member had it and my vet told me the treatment was amoxycilian and it would cost around 80 pounds for the treatment and id went to my doctor to try and get it i hope your not saying you dont remember this as i told loads of guys about me going to the doc to try and get it at the time and the doc telling me to come to the side door to see him as it was very infectious and us having a laugh about it come on man infact im sure i told a few friends on here about it when it happened no ones trying to get at anyone here billy only stating what the vet told me the treatment was and how it came about but if your saying you dont remember fine with me and im told doxycycline has amoxy in it so whats the problem

are you saying you do not remember you and i trying to hatch a plan to get it from the doctor after you told me frank had been told that his birds had clamiydia and i called the vet and told him a club member had it and my vet told me the treatment was amoxycilian and it would cost around 80 pounds for the treatment and id went to my doctor to try and get it i hope your not saying you dont remember this as i told loads of guys about me going to the doc to try and get it at the time and the doc telling me to come to the side door to see him as it was very infectious and us having a laugh about it come on man infact im sure i told a few friends on here about it when it happened no ones trying to get at anyone here billy only stating what the vet told me the treatment was and how it came about but if your saying you dont remember fine with me and im told doxycycline has amoxy in it so whats the problem

walter have you got an appointment on for tomorrow as i may need amoxy, lol expletive remove last o the summer wine lol

walter have you got an appointment on for tomorrow as i may need amoxy, lol expletive remove last o the summer wine lol

it was a laugh at the time duncan but when i was there they discovered i had pigeon lung i left with the amoxy and an inhailer scared the c p out me because at first they said i had asbestosis after x ray and cat scan they said pigeon lung thank f k what we do for pigeons eh

it was a laugh at the time duncan but when i was there they discovered i had pigeon lung i left with the amoxy and an inhailer scared the c p out me because at first they said i had asbestosis after x ray and cat scan they said pigeon lung thank f k what we do for pigeons eh

yes walter we have a lot of negatives that come with the fancy but the positives are why we love the pigeon game

yes walter we have a lot of negatives that come with the fancy but the positives are why we love the pigeon game

very true m8 and its a bad day if you cant have a laugh and admit that sometimes we get it wrong but at least we try

there are some great guys in our sport duncan but we have more than our share of ass h s that would start a rammy in an empty house or argue black is white to score points in there own little minds the power crazy and the legends in there own mind brigade we have them all but do your own thing and let them get on with it and just enjoy your doos

Pi Sh on a cotton bud or tissue, then squeeze excess fluid Pi Sh onto eye , 24 - 36hrs it should be gone or good signs of going.....if still in same state contact Vet for respiratory analysis and appropriate meds.

If ye cant afford Vet Chloramphenicol eye ointment 1% from chemist normally does a good job :)

regards

Mick

emoticon-0137-clapping.gifemoticon-0137-clapping.gif

very true m8 and its a bad day if you cant have a laugh and admit that sometimes we get it wrong but at least we try

there are some great guys in our sport duncan but we have more than our share of ass h s that would start a rammy in an empty house or argue black is white to score points in there own little minds the power crazy and the legends in there own mind brigade we have them all but do your own thing and let them get on with it and just enjoy your doos

• 8 months later...

One eyed cold can be caused by a lack of Vitamin A. Vitamin A is not easy to get into pigeons but one good source is natural yougart. Have cured one eye colds for many fanciers with this tip.

I have not bought the yogurt yet but will do, you mix it in the food? And will it benefit the whole flock?

It's Matthew by the way in st combs