Breeding Brother And Sister

shweet

I wouldnt say i advocate it but ive had winners from this pairing. Then their offspring bred winners when crossed. This was only a few years ago.

Many years ago a pair took together which were full brother x full sister.

I wasnt fussed about the cock as he was younger and had time yet being a ylg. The hen was a good hen tho and as they were happy i left them together and was pleasantly surprised when one of the ybs they reared won a race.

So a happy ending lol.

I've a young hen here I got from a friend,bred from a pair of yearling nestmates that chose to pair together. She won the first young bird race in the club this year. She flew the full programme never being far away from my first ones each race and managed a couple of fed turns.

She's not a big pigeon and is a very fast moulter, but I don't see much wrong with her-she doesnae have two heeds or owt :emoticon-0136-giggle:

Think with any mating in pigeons ye need a bit of luck?

• 5 months later...
Guest Old Timer

When I first started in the 70's my first 2 pigeons were nestmates a Blue Cock and a Black Hen they were from my late uncle Bill Borrill and from his old Angel Pair i obviously let them breed....i only bred one from them which never really did anything but 'home' the following year i had a few more birds to go at and split the nestmates but my whole loft originated from them 2 birds i was only a novice but they were reliable honest birds....good Channel pigeons but my lack of knowledge let them down wish I had them now