Salmonella Outbreak

Guest peter4pm

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The problem us without testing then it's a minefield. Salmonella or typhoid are a curse and treatment is often just folly as ultimately the bird(racers) are finished. We had salmonella in the 90s.....we kept the ones that looked the best but they died when they went to nest. ....sh**

Guest johnhunter

The problem us without testing then it's a minefield. Salmonella or typhoid are a curse and treatment is often just folly as ultimately the bird(racers) are finished. We had salmonella in the 90s.....we kept the ones that looked the best but they died when they went to nest. ....sh**

that's correct dal2 although they look perfect they can be the carriers, then if kept it just snowballs again ,that's why when the maff comes to the loft they all go

Well it seems my dreaded fears have came true ..Since my ghent kroppers started molting, after a couple of weeks i noticed 1 or 2 not looking right , Now i have 7 unwell ..holding grain and smelly crops ..lime and yellow dropping , birds look like death warmed up just now ...started treatment yesterday but fear its to late for some ..totally gutted is an understatement , And please no comments about binning the sick birds ...im trying keep hold of them they are hard enough to come by as it is ..if i can bring them back around and get them vaccinated great if not well i suppose its the nature of the beast .

Peter4pm.......Why are you selling racing pigeons on another site,hope you are telling potential bidders of your problems or indeed should you be allowing any birds to leave your lofts at this time.? ....JBC/..

Guest johnhunter

Peter4pm.......Why are you selling racing pigeons on another site,hope you are telling potential bidders of your problems or indeed should you be allowing any birds to leave your lofts at this time.? ....JBC/..

if it is confirmed yes but not many do

It is not on the MAFF lit of notifiable diseases. There have been plenty cases here where is has been reported to the MAFF and they have supplied treatment and s disentfectant to the lofts free of charge.

Guest peter4pm

those birds got culled mate

Guest peter4pm

I didn't think Peter4pm ever sold pigeons

Your right mate i dont sell pigeons ...i had a few racing birds i was selling but just ended up culling them ...i have not sold a bird for a good while ..i have however sold a few young Ghents in the past ....I tell you some folks on here need shot for some of the things they come out with ...i come on here to say my birds are not well ...next thing im getting accused of all sorts lol

Guest peter4pm

Perhaps he has gone into hiding,......hang your head in shame peter4pm let this be a warning to anyone in the coatbridge area or indeed any area not to buy birds from this man...........JBC/..

How dare you mate say things like that ..You dont even know me from adam and your trying to blacken my name before i have even had a chance to awnser your question ..some ppl work you know and are not on here 24/7 ..SHAME on you sir