Salmonella Outbreak

Guest peter4pm

Guest peter4pm

Well it seems my dreaded fears have came true ..Since my ghent kroppers started molting, after a couple of weeks i noticed 1 or 2 not looking right , Now i have 7 unwell ..holding grain and smelly crops ..lime and yellow dropping , birds look like death warmed up just now ...started treatment yesterday but fear its to late for some ..totally gutted is an understatement , And please no comments about binning the sick birds ...im trying keep hold of them they are hard enough to come by as it is ..if i can bring them back around and get them vaccinated great if not well i suppose its the nature of the beast .

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest johnhunter

Well it seems my dreaded fears have came true ..Since my ghent kroppers started molting, after a couple of weeks i noticed 1 or 2 not looking right , Now i have 7 unwell ..holding grain and smelly crops ..lime and yellow dropping , birds look like death warmed up just now ...started treatment yesterday but fear its to late for some ..totally gutted is an understatement , And please no comments about binning the sick birds ...im trying keep hold of them they are hard enough to come by as it is ..if i can bring them back around and get them vaccinated great if not well i suppose its the nature of the beast .

peter did you bring any new birds in

Guest johnhunter

C'mon mate ...i spent a lot of money on these birds im not going to kill them all , get serious please

I am being serious, if the maff chaps your door you wont need to dispose of them ,they will

I had salmonella or paratyphoid two years ago was told to kill all birds an burn your shed to the ground .didnt listen treated with ernoflux lost a couple of birds an also my best distance hen which can't get of the ground due to wing drop she bred me a winner this year out of 3 eggs so not all doom .a did find that one particular cock a bought of the Internet every yb died in the nest whether he rared it or not he was put away so touch wood not had any problems for two years good luck .

Guest johnhunter

Put a teaspoonfull of thin bleach in the water for three days,works for me if ybs start holding food. tsp-2ltr

Henrik the heading said salmonella, if only it was that easy to treat them

good luck Pete.

Guest peter4pm

Did u have droppings tested .

i have a testing kit mate ...and i knew straight away with the symptoms as i had it before around 8 years ago

The one over the road from Asda.wink.gif

Cheers