5 Year Old Hen

trevor9

5year old hen , has been here a few months not laid although always seems to be in nest box with the cock, upon checking with

Previous owner tells me she was always in Avairy and never bred from , do you think she is barren , or is there any thing that can be done to intice her to lay

Thanks

5year old hen , has been here a few months not laid although always seems to be in nest box with the cock, upon checking with

Previous owner tells me she was always in Avairy and never bred from , do you think she is barren , or is there any thing that can be done to intice her to lay

Thanks

theres a few things i would try , slip her some eggs , pot or real .hoping she sits ,slip her a youngster , natural nest cycle should follow . no guarantees tho ? good luck.

Thanks

Sounds more like she is either barren or has run out of eggs,who would keep a bird in an Avairy all that time without finding out,hope you did not part with money for her?......JBC/..