Narbonne (Int.) 2016

dkj

just been looking on pipa at Narbonne (int.) 2016, i see one drinker on the baskets, and baskets are plastic and wicker only can see any metal ones,

Does that mean because they use this system for the Narbonne International that it is the one and only best system that can be used?

Should we continually strive to improve our systems and methods? :)

The Barcelona international - they were wicker baskets and only had one blue plastic drinker on each basket - they're only 12" long, as I use them for the young birds as corridor drinkers

Does that mean because they use this system for the Barcelona International that it is the one and only best system that can be used?

It is slightly different from the Narbonne system.

Should we continually strive to improve our systems and methods? :)

Surely we should be concerned with that in which we do have a say. In that in which we are able to change for improvement.

If we continually think we are doing OK because others do the same, then we will never achieve anything.

Mankind used to run everywhere, then we tamed and used horses. We then developed cars, etc, it goes on.

Why should we stand still with our pigeons?

Surely we should strive to improve their conditions?

Surely we should be concerned with that in which we do have a say. In that in which we are able to change for improvement.

If we continually think we are doing OK because others do the same, then we will never achieve anything.

Mankind used to run everywhere, then we tamed and used horses. We then developed cars, etc, it goes on.

Why should we stand still with our pigeons?

Surely we should strive to improve their conditions?

again andy is it improvement for the doo,s or is it for the doo men, just high lighted it, nothing set in stone. its only what you thinks right for your own pigeons,

what your must remember the top doo men win with both transporters,

again andy is it improvement for the doo,s or is it for the doo men, just high lighted it, nothing set in stone. its only what you thinks right for your own pigeons,

what your must remember the top doo men win with both transporters,

I have heard more experienced fanciers talk about some pigeons guarding their spot which stops others from reaching the drinker. Surely the more opportunity to reach a drinking spot is better for the pigeons because it would preclude this situation from arising?

I do appreciate that so often we give our pigeons supplements because it makes us feel better, but with my Federation we did see a marked improvement when water became available on both long sides of the crate. Having said that, it is still the same top fanciers that are winning, so without doubt merit in your statement. :)

No I do not think it was a good idea- I was surprised, I expected better for an international. People moan about the UNC who use two drinkers to a basket, and that's not in the Mediterranean heat!!

For me, two drinkers give more opportunity to reach water. My Fed was in the "lucky" position, "lucky" because it cost a lot, of having to refurbish our trailer. We did use the opportunity to improve the water situation. A conveyer had noticed the pigeons at the front of the trailer were not accessing the water as readily as those at the back, the only source of light. We designed a space between every crate which allows water on both long sides. This was copied from / similar to the one used by the NRCC with whom we joint conveyed for some races.

We did notice a marked improvement in the pigeons on their return. :)