Starting Up

Guest jason

I've just come back into the sport after an 8 year break and the best advice I can give is....

1. get some old birds (stock, that you can't let out) then breed off them, that is what I did and managed to breed 42 youngsters at the start of the year.

2. DO NOT get attached to ANY of the youngsters you breed....You will lose some, I've got 26 of them 42 I bred left with the training mine have had.

3. spend the coming months learning about the sport and get as much info as you can....it is the wrong time of the year to breed young pigeons unless you want a loft full of late-breds.

4. young birds can be settled to a new location but be careful with them and make sure they're hungry before you let them out.

Hope this helps

Jason

If you want some old birds to breed your own young I have some here free of charge just collect or arrange carriage

Great offer !! Take Buster up on his !! Get yourself organised for next year, and most important of all, check out your costs. Pigeon racing (even on a small scale) can be an expensive hobby.