Diagnosis Needed

sandy25

Hi sandy like everything with pigeons it's all about seeing a problem quickly and acting on it . It is always the secondary problems that cause the heart ache. I think it was about two years ago a friend of mine told me about this new canker treatment he had bought. ( clear capsule and herbal ingredients and cleared the pigeons in a few hours ) when I tested his pigeons they were heavily infected with canker. Gave him a tud of what I use seven day's later problem solved. I'm not saying the new treatment wouldn't work maybe his pigeons count was so high who knows.

Clear capsule and herbal sounds like a bell ringing ......what out of a matter of interest did you give him I'm not on the cadge just need info and where to buy

thanks

all the best

sandy25

U must take water n food Away 3 hours before and after treating with flagyl, i would then follow this up with a 5 day cure for canker where the active ingredient is not metrondizole.

Ok young sir yi got me :emoticon-0136-giggle: . After using a product for urine infection which all the doo men started buying because in brackets on the packet it had metronidazole. What would you treat them with :)

certainly lookes like canker, my yearlings have had pigeon pox every year except when i vaccinated them for pox and some get it worse than others, the ones who get it worst show all the indications of canker. I leave them to get over it the worst take 3/4 weeks and then they are imune for life they usualy take abt 5/7 days but most have indications of canker in one form or another

As I have only ever seen the flagellates under a microscope - and never seen canker as a lump of something. What exactly is it? What is it that is formed (from what and by what) I assume such a lump would be a very late stage canker (having never seen it before) would that be correct?

certainly lookes like canker, my yearlings have had pigeon pox every year except when i vaccinated them for pox and some get it worse than others, the ones who get it worst show all the indications of canker. I leave them to get over it the worst take 3/4 weeks and then they are imune for life they usualy take abt 5/7 days but most have indications of canker in one form or another

Hi Rob can remember a short time ago we had a discussion about pigeon pox :emoticon-0136-giggle: .. Again I will say if you use potassium permanganate in the bath water twice a week it will keep all dirty pathogens at bay. In bath water what you are looking for is a light purple colour. :)

As I have only ever seen the flagellates under a microscope - and never seen canker as a lump of something. What exactly is it? What is it that is formed (from what and by what) I assume such a lump would be a very late stage canker (having never seen it before) would that be correct?

Yip has taken a firm hold when you can see it . Think a bigger spoon will be needed now sorry couldn't resist :emoticon-0136-giggle:

Potassium-Permanganate,does that not form part of walters potion Billy, if so then they have it in their drinkers once per week post race but have not tried it in bath water.I think i will have to vaccinate against it to try to make sure they dont get it next year thats providing i can buy the duel para-pox vaccine if not will get the one you brush on top of leg (after pulling feathers) but will also try p/p in bathwater. ps, will it also make them flee quicker lol.thanks for the input Billy99

Potassium-Permanganate,does that not form part of walters potion Billy, if so then they have it in their drinkers once per week post race but have not tried it in bath water.I think i will have to vaccinate against it to try to make sure they dont get it next year thats providing i can buy the duel para-pox vaccine if not will get the one you brush on top of leg (after pulling feathers) but will also try p/p in bathwater. ps, will it also make them flee quicker lol.thanks for the input Billy99

Good afternoon fid . I can't really comment on somebody else's potion as I have never seen it or used it. If you are going to try P/P in the bath water it should be a very light purple colour.

Ps. Doesn't make mine fly any quicker but helps to keep them healthy and clean. :lol: :lol:

Good afternoon fid . I can't really comment on somebody else's potion as I have never seen it or used it. If you are going to try P/P in the bath water it should be a very light purple colour.

Ps. Doesn't make mine fly any quicker but helps to keep them healthy and clean. :lol: :lol:

Tried to use my edit function again but like my racing was to slow :emoticon-0136-giggle: .

Should have said HELPS to keep them healthy and clean. :smiling-scarecrow-329:

Yes def 100 % canker ,now treat for any left over or it could come back , it's the first thing I would have asked myself is why has it got canker ,usually a secondary thing , so treating for just canker prob wouldn't work . It's immune system must be low .

Yes def 100 % canker ,now treat for any left over or it could come back , it's the first thing I would have asked myself is why has it got canker ,usually a secondary thing , so treating for just canker prob wouldn't work . It's immune system must be low .

Birds been really stressed out with bop all year think that that brought this to the fore

all the best

sandy25