Diagnosis Needed

sandy25

C'Mon then Sandy put us divits oot oor misery and tell ?????

Peter I'm just trying to get a general diagnosis from as many as possible before I tell the rest of the story truth not made up please bear with me..

If it was your pigeon and it wasn't maize what would your diagnosis be?

sandy 25

Ok seems like no other diagnosis So here we go .last sunday found bird like this and phoned a company purporting to be able to cure canker in 3 hours .Arranged to go to them and collect capsules , got back here and medicated the birds all of them ..Went on holiday monday early my daughter (19) looked after birds all week , back home yesterday checked out birds this one and another three the same emailed company yesterday to ask for advice no answer yesterday evening so medicated those 4 again (included pic of bird showing lesion in throat ) This morning checked the bird again and found no change so took pics emailed that to company telling them their cure aparently does not work in 3 hours .Afternoon email arrived from them quote from it (

if (capsules have not cured the pigeon in 48 hours then what you have is not canker .Take them to a vet as you or your club mates are simply guessing .The pigeon in the picture has a severe fungal problem more like PIGEON POX by the look of it which will require strong antibiotics to cure )

email 2

(What I can clearly see is that it is NOT canker and I would advise you see a vet soon as possible .What these pigeons have is something more serious .)

Firstly pox to my knowledge is a virus not fungal .(attached pic of pigeon with pox )

secondly , antibiotics they say dont work on viruses.

Hence my ? for diagnosis. What does the forum think I should use as a cure? And dont suggest the bin.....

Pic of pigeon with pox....post-31991-14657622770575_thumb.jpeg

I dont have a clue as to what it could be so if it was me I would sterilise a needle and puncture the growth and with a pair of tweezers squeeze out any pus if possible then take a cotton bud and send a sample of to Belgica De Weerde for analysis. If no pus then a pair of nail clippers and chop a piece off and send that to them.

?do you know what medication you even gave them?

atb

Yes well advertised on Elimar and other websites .Dont want to end in court for naming them . Do you have any suggestions as to medications?

atb sandy 25

Edited by sandy25

Hi sandy like everything with pigeons it's all about seeing a problem quickly and acting on it . It is always the secondary problems that cause the heart ache. I think it was about two years ago a friend of mine told me about this new canker treatment he had bought. ( clear capsule and herbal ingredients and cleared the pigeons in a few hours ) when I tested his pigeons they were heavily infected with canker. Gave him a tud of what I use seven day's later problem solved. I'm not saying the new treatment wouldn't work maybe his pigeons count was so high who knows.