The Losses And Returns Debate

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some guys talk to, same as me heavy losses but having read the above, this does not seem to be the case across the board.am no talking about the odd pigeon here started at second race, sent 20 got 8,sent 16 got 5, sent 16 got 7. iv kept the doos since secondary School, and never known anything like it.Back to the drawing board again and there in lies the problem, the inability to build a team.

Guest Jamsie

Race 1.......21/23

Race 2.......21/23

Race 3.......25/27

Race 4.......23/25

Race 5.......23/23

Race 6.......19/19

3 of the 8 that went missing have turned up, 2 had roughed it and the other is homing to someone else coz it reappeared mid March from God knows when in good condition, was missing for 2 weeks and again turned up in good condition. Prognosis for it isn't good 😡

Our Doos have not been trained this year so no losses for no reason.

Some guys talk to, same as me heavy losses but having read the above, this does not seem to be the case across the board.am no talking about the odd pigeon here started at second race, sent 20 got 8,sent 16 got 5, sent 16 got 7. iv kept the doos since secondary School, and never known anything like it.Back to the drawing board again and there in lies the problem, the inability to build a team.

I am nae at you lads level in the doo game and i have suffered losses in the North of Scotland Fed ,i have lost 11 out of 25 (small team man )but my question is if naebody losses doos why is it my club needs 800 rings a year and the rest of the clubs must be the same ,and so therefore your clubs must be the same so this post to me is a bit point less ,I agree with you Cumbernauld hard tae get going .

I am nae at you lads level in the doo game and i have suffered losses in the North of Scotland Fed ,i have lost 11 out of 25 (small team man )but my question is if naebody losses doos why is it my club needs 800 rings a year and the rest of the clubs must be the same ,and so therefore your clubs must be the same so this post to me is a bit point less ,I agree with you Cumbernauld hard tae get going .

Changed game nowadays good luck

Here in Lanarkshire we have been fortunate up until now with good returns and high velocities but we are only out to 170 mile ! It's these next races that are coming up that can usually reduce your feed bill.

Taking nothing from you in ur fed but u have got safety in numbers that we do not, not everything but helps, next couple races as u say are dodggy good luck

Racing with the solway for the last 3yrs has been excellent in my opinion. Yes a couple of yb races where we had to sweat on returns for s while but overall, for us, it's been as good as I can remember( hope someone backs me up).

Its actually got to the point in the last two years where I have too many for my loft!

Reason? Nae idea

2nd Race - Thornton, moved to Stirling 32 miles, sent 15, 15 back. Convoy 595. Lib time 11.30.

3rd Race - Perth 62 miles, sent 16, 14 back. Lost 2 late-breds. Convoy 690. Lib time 8.00.

4th Race - Arbroath 94 miles, sent 28, 26 back. Lost 1 late-bred and a 2YO. Convoy 593. Lib time 7.00.

Total losses racing so far, 4 late-breds and a 2YO.

Edited by Kyleakin Lofts

Racing with the solway for the last 3yrs has been excellent in my opinion. Yes a couple of yb races where we had to sweat on returns for s while but overall, for us, it's been as good as I can remember( hope someone backs me up).

Its actually got to the point in the last two years where I have too many for my loft!

Reason? Nae idea

A good start Stevie would sticking to a line of flight imo unlike us chopping and changing all the time

Reason? Nae idea

I'll back you up stevie

Yes can be gappy at times dependent on circumstances

This year they have been landing in groups of 3/4/5 s

Five together from Charnock 120 mls four together from Lymm 141 mls four together Stafford 181 mls

Three together Woolaston 205 mls

Keeping to line of flight helps

Three together from Reims 500 mls lol :emoticon-0136-giggle:

A good start Stevie would sticking to a line of flight imo unlike us chopping and changing all the time

In a nutshell Ricky

Update.

1st race 23/24 yearling mealy cock. Leyland

2nd race 16/16 one on Sunday hawked.Appleton 1.

3rd race 22/22.>....................Appleton 2.

4th race 23/23.one Sunday.>.........Stafford 1.

5th race 22/23.one Sunday.>.........Stafford 2.

6th race 20/20.>....................Stratford.

7th race 21/22.two Monday(Sun.Race).Windrush.

:animatedpigeons: :animatedpigeons:

• 1 year later...

lets have this out in the open and put some facts down . most are 3rd or 4th race into the Oldbird programme by now. please state how many you sent and how many returned from each of your races so far. i am not looking at any big stories just the facts . we can look back at the end of Old bird racing and see if we can come to any ideas as to why (and dont put it all down to the hawk,s) .

would also like to add , weve had our fair share of losses @ Team Burgess lofts. look back at some of my old posts (keep a tissue to hand).

for us - race 1 , 24 sent = 24 home.

and - race 2 , 30 sent = 29 home.

lastly - race 3 , 31 sent = 31 home . (last was 24 hours late, 2nd day) . :pidge:

i thought i could fetch this question up again ?

:pidge:

Reason? Nae idea

2017 wusnae as great.....staarted racing 32 left with 14